Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Star Wars (movies only) vs. Star Trek (movies only)

Only characters from movies only. No series or clone wars or e u. Each side organizes and teams up against the other. 3 months prep for both.

Well the Emperor is a character and he has an entire space fleet at his command..though I'm sure we've seen characters in Trek movies that can say the same thing. You might want to define the parameters a bit more. Does this mean every single character that appears in the movies, no matter how small their role, is here?
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-15-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Yes, every single character no matter how small their role.

Wait, so we're gonna have Ripped Shirt Kirk and Ramming Speed/Engage Self Destruct Picard on the same team!?

Though, I would pay money to see Shinzon flip out and turn into Engage Self Destruct Shinzon.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Mot could give Chewbacca a haircut...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

So we've got two Death Stars. That basically fucks the Star Trek guys. They'd need to use the big singularity weapon from the last movie on one of them and the Wrath of Khan Genesis project on another (and hope it works on a non-planet) and then hope that somehow The Borg can take out Star Destroyers (which I doubt).

Pretty sure Star Wars is winning this.

Include all other media (series, EU etc) and it's a complete reverse due to Q-dickery.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Eh, a Death Star's real draw is its super laser, and they never showed any real manouverability, so that's not going to be real useful against Trek ships which, as I recall, move at significant fractions of C at sub-light speeds whereas I can't recall any SW ships being shown as particularly fast at sub-light.

Edit: Wait, movies means they have all the anti-Borg upgrades too, doesn't it? Plus an entire Borg fleet, for that matter. Are we even including ships in this, or is it a foot battle? In a foot battle, Trek stomps with an army of drones.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-16-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Eh, a Death Star's real draw is its super laser, and they never showed any real manouverability, so that's not going to be real useful against Trek ships which, as I recall, move at significant fractions of C at sub-light speeds whereas I can't recall any SW ships being shown as particularly fast at sub-light.

Edit: Wait, movies means they have all the anti-Borg upgrades too, doesn't it? Plus an entire Borg fleet, for that matter. Are we even including ships in this, or is it a foot battle? In a foot battle, Trek stomps with an army of drones.
    Not that it matters a lot but could the borg addapt to lightsabers?
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Not that it matters a lot but could the borg addapt to lightsabers?
    They adapt to energy weapons way way more powerful than light sabres.

Forever
    Wherever

Remind me, can the Borg infect machines? Because if not, arming the droid army with vibroblades or something seems like a sensible tactic.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

In a foot battle, Trek stomps with an army of drones.
    Wars had armies of drones too, as WELL AS Giant War Machines. They could quite literally STOMP the entire Trek ground force with a single AT-AT Barring some technobabble plot shield. And they had a lot more than one of those in the movies.

That wouldn't really be a foot battle if they're bringing giant mecha, but even then, Borg could most likely assimilate the tech, and besides that, the ATATs had incredibly poor showings in the movies. They pretty much operated exactly as shitty as real world giant mecha probably would. They aren't stomping anything with a better reaction speed than a garden slug. Some may die, but there's not an awful lot that would stop the Borg from getting into one and assimilating either the machine itself, or if they can't, its crew. Hell, they can probably just beam into one. They have three months to get some portable transporters together.

Edit: As far as plot devices go, we're giving Geordi three months prep time working in unison with the Borg. Really, I'll be surprised if they don't teleport the entire SWU away.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-16-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Forever
    Wherever

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

That wouldn't really be a foot battle if they're bringing giant mecha,
    They had huge disposable battle droid armies too, and WAY more foot soldiers than we ever saw in a Trek movie.

but even then, Borg could most likely assimilate the tech,
    Feats? IIRC they didn't really do that. Esp. in Fisrt Contact. They did it in some of the games, but I don't remember them exactly tuning the Enterprise into a Borg Cube.

and besides that, the ATATs had incredibly poor showings in the movies. They pretty much operated exactly as shitty as real world giant mecha probably would. They aren't stomping anything with a better reaction speed than a garden slug.

Which would be the ENTIRITY of the Borg showings, yes?

And it's not like the Klingons from II or III had much better ground fighting showings. They literally have NOTHING they could do to STOP AT-ATs.

Some may die, but there's not an awful lot that would stop the Borg from getting into one
    You'll have to remind me in which movie the Borg had grappling cables or anti-gravity jumpjets. The Things were like 500 feet tall! There's no way they are getting CLOSE to "in one".

and assimilating either the machine itself, or if they can't, its crew. Hell, they can probably just beam into one.
    So now it's gone from a ground battle, to "A ground battle with fleet support, but NOT a Space Battle, for some reason"?

They have three months to get some portable transporters together.
    Because the Borg were SUCH big inovaters on thier own time.

Edit: As far as plot devices go, we're giving Geordi three months prep time working in unison with the Borg. Really, I'll be surprised if they don't teleport the entire SWU away.
    If you think anyone on Picard's crew would voulentarily work with the Borg, we must have been watching different movies.

Besides. Biggest thing a movie-verse transporter worked on? Because "500 foot tall Death machines" weren't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Because the Borg were SUCH big inovaters on thier own time.
    Except for the fact that they already have portable teleporters.

Besides. Biggest thing a movie-verse transporter worked on? Because "500 foot tall Death machines" weren't even close.
    Your spouting "500 fool tall Death machines" like it matters to a teleporter.

As to the fight the Star Trek Verse has shown time travel so that gives them a huge advantage.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    As to the fight the Star Trek Verse has shown time travel so that gives them a huge advantage.
    They've shown Time Travel that creates alternate timelines. Basically they could go to prehistoric Coruscant, kill off all the Wars-Universe Neanderthals and pop forwards again to find themselves alone... And the Wars guys would be back in the original universe wondering where all their opponents fled to.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.