Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SWTOR goes F2P

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I enjoyed the game levelling my Trooper, then turned to my Jedi Knight and found the game almost unbearably tedious. They really need to even out the class experience; certain classes are favored and others disfavored by the ingame story.

When my Jedi Knight can get a healing companion before level 36+, and has survivability that isn't contingent on careful timing of interrupt powers, they can call me. Until then, goodbye.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

I personsally really enjoy this game and enjoy the increased world populations. It's nice.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I can't imagine who would want to play this fully free, it's so hilariously crippled. But you can get most of the features for only a few bucks.

If only there was some way to combine SWTOR's storytelling with the gameplay of...pretty any other modern MMO on the market.

I really enjoy this game, I love how story driven it is, even if you're in a group with other players. I'm only like level 18 but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    If only there was some way to combine SWTOR's storytelling with the gameplay of...pretty any other modern MMO on the market.
    SWTOR's problem was the fact that it did have the gameplay of other MMOs. Once you got past the setting it was pretty much the same thing you'd get anywhere else, hence all the, "WoW in space" complaints directed at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    SWTOR's problem was the fact that it did have the gameplay of other MMOs. Once you got past the setting it was pretty much the same thing you'd get anywhere else, hence all the, "WoW in space" complaints directed at it.
    It's Star Wars... I got past the setting some 20 years ago...

It just had the most incredibly boring combat I've ever seen in any game. And so much of the game is combat.

Ugh. I probably have never been as disappointed in a game as in this one. And that includes the ending of Mass Effect 3.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I think a lot of the "its like wow but..." complaints would be lessened if WoW wasn't a game with 85 levels and 7 years of content.
    WoW wouldn't have much to it either if it didn't...yknow, have so much to it for a new player.
    Star Wars had wows leveling system, you could casualy get to cap in a week, then you didn't have much to do, same as every single other mmo thats launched in history, except people eat content like locusts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Correction, it had it's own, screwed-up version of the gameplay of other MMOs. What, personally, eventually turned me off from SWTOR (outside of their laughably absurd F2P setup) was a large number of overlooked conveniences such as macros, mod support, and the ability to adjust my UI.

And quite frankly these people saying 'This MMO is just WoW in X' need to get the hell over themselves. As if WoW's gameplay wasn't already extremely derivative.
    Last edited by Wjowski; 11-26-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    It just had the most incredibly boring combat I've ever seen in any game.
    Never played to Lord of the rings online i presume ? What a shame really, with a better combat system this game would be my all time favorite without question but in its current state it's just impossibly boring. In fact, i genuinely wonder if the devs aren't just trolling the players. I mean, even bears at the beginning of the game have freaking stun.

Anyway...i got back to the game lately and played once again with my good old guardian 50 i love so dear and well, sure the game can be frustrating sometimes but in the end i was quite entertain so i'm not gonna complain.

An expansion or something would be nice now though. We need new stuff to do. (personally i hate dailies, all games)
    Last edited by Addams; 12-09-2012 at 07:53 AM.

I played a bit for some weeks now and my main dude is a smuggler, level 50 of course, gunslinger. (long range dps)

Fun game, the solo part is quite well done and the end game part, well, like in most MMO the only thing you really do is instances and boring daily missions. So, here my advice if you start with this game : take your time. Best part of it is the leveling.

Don't know much about the pvp part cause that's not something i spend time on.

But as pleasant this game can be, and it is, well, i can't help but feel that in the end it's "just" the old republic you know. Not something i care all that much about.

Jedi : check, Sith : check, Dudes in white armor nobody gives a shit about : check, Wookies : check, an evil empire : check....that's Star Wars alright. But what can i say ? It's like Star Trek the original series and Deep Space Nine, as good the new stuff can be you can't help but still love the old stuff who made you a fan in the first place better.
    Last edited by Omega Supreme; 12-12-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    Correction, it had it's own, screwed-up version of the gameplay of other MMOs. What, personally, eventually turned me off from SWTOR (outside of their laughably absurd F2P setup) was a large number of overlooked conveniences such as macros, mod support, and the ability to adjust my UI.

And quite frankly these people saying 'This MMO is just WoW in X' need to get the hell over themselves. As if WoW's gameplay wasn't already extremely derivative.
    Gameplay sure, but wow had a lot of things everquest and daoc didn't.
    Easy leveling and quest based gameplay is actually the biggest change.
    Anyone being able to do endgame was another thing wow did.
    WoW made mmos mainstream, whatever it did with button clicking is just dressing for that fact.

I just could not get into Star Wars. I tried it out when it first launched it wasn't so bad it was full of players (which was good to see) made a Jedi and after I got my lightsaber I quit.. I just felt like ok now I'm a Jedi and I have my weapon my fix was over. So I quit and when they released the F2P patch notes... No thanks.

I've been looking for a sorta MMO that has a very competitive community with it. Not really big into League of Legends.. Or other MOBA games. Right now, sad to say WoW's arena system is the best thing I've seen so far. I think even DC Universe has one but it is played through Iconics right?
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    I just could not get into Star Wars. I tried it out when it first launched it wasn't so bad it was full of players (which was good to see) made a Jedi and after I got my lightsaber I quit.. I just felt like ok now I'm a Jedi and I have my weapon my fix was over. So I quit and when they released the F2P patch notes... No thanks.

I've been looking for a sorta MMO that has a very competitive community with it. Not really big into League of Legends.. Or other MOBA games. Right now, sad to say WoW's arena system is the best thing I've seen so far. I think even DC Universe has one but it is played through Iconics right?
    You could always try eve online, it's ten times more complicated than the other games and takes a long time to really get into it, but it's technically the most competitive mmo i've ever played, and i've played all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You could always try eve online, it's ten times more complicated than the other games and takes a long time to really get into it, but it's technically the most competitive mmo i've ever played, and i've played all of them.
    I've tried to talk one of my friends into DC Universe Online as it has another arena system. But your winnings are based on feats and not ratings.. Which I don't really care for, as much as I love the whole superhero genre. Sucks, that Marvel Heroes doesn't have PvP in it right now.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6