Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scelestus View Post
    Wait, wasn't the exploding ship Mr. Fantastic's fault?
    No. Miek, one of his Warbound, let some Red King loyalists blow it up because he thought that the Hulk was supposed to be a constant force of destruction, not someone who lives and rules in peace. Hulk assumed (and reasonably so) that Mr. Fantastic and the rest of the Illuminati were responsible for blowing up the shuttle. They try to tell him that they're innocent but Hulk neither believes them nor cares.

He should have been on the team all along... The Avengers can keep tabs on him... Make sure he stay on the up and up... Like Spider-Woman in Avenegers Assemble... The world is safer this way...

Also they did have that mini-series "Hulk smash the Avengers"
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 11-16-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

While he only just recently rejoined the team, he's aided the Avengers at least several times I can think of. He helped with that big Hulk outbreak during Kurt Busiek's run and if I remember correctly he tried to help She-Hulk when she went berserk in Johns' run.

What it essentially comes down to is how the writers want to portray him. For a while they wanted to write him like an incoherent monster that just wants to smash. He has been written to cooperate plenty of times and it looks like they will be doing it again, maybe for an extended period of time.

I thought he was written poorly in the A+X #1 issue, but was written great in the latest issue of Avengers Assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Banner's calling the shots now essentially and he's a suit for SHIELD, so they feel more comfortable now that he's truly one of them (and they can keep tabs on him!).

(God, I think I'm going to be sick.)
    Passes the barf bag to Hulk_Is...

Sorry you feel that way.

I thought I saw one of the Avengers art previews where Banner looked very, very menacing so the OPs' question might be addressed once that book starts in December.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

You don't ask why the Hulk is behaving you just pray to Odin he stays that way.

Because the Avengers don't have a history of letting guys they were fighting last week onto the team?

Vision was kicking the crap out of them 20 seconds before they let him on. Off the top of my head, you've got Namor, Hawkeye, Hercules, Black Widow, Sandman... hell, when Hulk co-founded the team, he was beating the crap out of them 30 seconds earlier. It's an Avengers tradition.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mlcboarder View Post
    What it essentially comes down to is how the writers want to portray him. For a while they wanted to write him like an incoherent monster that just wants to [to be left alone]. He has been written to cooperate plenty of times and it looks like they will be doing it again, maybe for an extended period of time.

I thought he was written poorly in the A+X #1 issue, but was written great in the latest issue of Avengers Assemble.
    I'll give you incoherent, but not just wanting to smash. The Savage Hulk is arguably the least inherently violent version of the Hulk, only pushed to violence either to defend himself or others.

The issue I'm having, and I believe other Hulk fans are having, is that Hulk is joining a team that:

1. Was created specifically to fight him.

2. Fell for the old, shapeshifter doppelganger almost immediately after Loki essentially pulled the exact same trick. I think this often kinda brushed out of the way, but I tend to think (And I'm biased as all get out,) that the Hulk is actually fairly justified in leaving a team that always assumes the worst of him.

3. Upon leaving the team, Hulk is instantly set upon by the Avengers, pushing him to team up with Namor.

4. Since then, the Avengers and the Hulk have fought so often that Marvel is able to fill entire miniseries and TPBs with nothing but Hulk vs. Avenger fights. You could fill another few TPBs with Hulk vs. Thor, and Hulk vs. Iron Man fights.

5. The whole Planet Hulk -> World War Hulk thing.

There is a lot of history that needs to be addressed before I can buy Hulk being willing to hang out at the Mansion with any of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'll give you incoherent, but not just wanting to smash. The Savage Hulk is arguably the least inherently violent version of the Hulk, only pushed to violence either to defend himself or others.

The issue I'm having, and I believe other Hulk fans are having, is that Hulk is joining a team that:

2. Fell for the old, shapeshifter doppelganger almost immediately after Loki essentially pulled the exact same trick. I think this often kinda brushed out of the way, but I tend to think (And I'm biased as all get out,) that the Hulk is actually fairly justified in leaving a team that always assumes the worst of him.

3. Upon leaving the team, Hulk is instantly set upon by the Avengers, pushing him to team up with Namor.

4. Since then, the Avengers and the Hulk have fought so often that Marvel is able to fill entire miniseries and TPBs with nothing but Hulk vs. Avenger fights. You could fill another few TPBs with Hulk vs. Thor, and Hulk vs. Iron Man fights.

There is a lot of history that needs to be addressed before I can buy Hulk being willing to hang out at the Mansion with any of these guys.
    Well, said as I second that motion for maybe a one-shot or a three part mini series showcasing how the Hulk's dealing with returning to the Avengers team. Maybe having one of them guest star the She-Hulk.

BANNED

The writers don't care so why should I. Bendis made that clear in Rulk's induction to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Most of this having been addressed in Hulk books over the last 50 years.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Cause movies.
    I agree also.

Cap asked him to help during AVX. I don't remember if it was in the main series or Avengers titles. Maybe he decided to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Cap asked him to help during AVX. I don't remember if it was in the main series or Avengers titles. Maybe he decided to stick around.
    It was in the main series, but it was very much, 'Help us fight Scott Summers', and not 'join the Avengers'.

Cap pretty much says the only reason he came to Hulk, aside from needing the firepower, is because the fight was being upgraded from Avengers vs. X-Men to Everyone vs. Scott Summers.

Its actually funny when you consider that there is a good chance Hulk has no idea who Scott Summers even is. He knows Cyclops, but I can't remember him ever interacting with Scott's civilian identity.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 11-16-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Because Hulk likes beans.