Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I know! There should be an Avenging X-Men title... when X-Men team up with Avengers!

BRILLIANT!

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Its a bad cover. The final Legacy ensemble cover was so much better. This one was total autopilot.
    If by "so much better" you mean adding Pixie in the background as an afterthought then yeah, maybe. Not featuring Trance, Indra and Bling! who actually had ties to the book (and Rogue) was a major oversight. Heck, even a homage to Xavier with a blow up of him in the background would have made perfect sense as Legacy started out as his book. Instead we get Hope, Doop and others who just had a tertiary connection (if at all) to the title. The cover was as lazy and half-assed as the issue inside.

It's an amazing cover. Reminds me of X-Men around the Cerebro going sentient time.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

It's too bad this series is ending. I thought it was really picking up steam under Brian Wood. But given the declining sales and the onslaught of relaunches under Marvel NOW! I think it makes sense to have this book end. I think eventually, something like it will be relaunched. I like the premise of a book that has the X-men interact more with the greater Marvel Universe. But this book just didn't maintain a certain level of consistency during it's run. Since Marvel is trying to streamline things with their relaunch, I hope this series or something like it realizes the potential this book so often showed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    He hinted at something on one of the forums a while ago, so it is possible. On another note, I like Wolverine, I'm not one of the people that constantly complains about him being everywhere, but do we really need two solo series on top of everything else?
    Same here, there are just so many stories you can tell with Wolverine before it becomes so incredibly dull that your interest vaprorizes when you hear his name. I remember how around 2006 to 2010 they were throwing out Wolverine One-shots every month and as much as they tried to spice it up with different writers and artist and the promise of interesting stories in the end they were all the same:
    "Wolverine is an exotic location. Gets into trouble with local bad guys. Get's horribly wounded when they attack him. Heals. Rips them appart. Leaves." With optional "meets some woman/kid in the exotic location".

And i still like the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Oh, I hope the relaunched book isn't another Storm-led team. Let's have something a bit more unique! NuAngel leading one, perhaps including some of the younger X-Men, could be pretty fun. It could be NuAngel, Magma, a New X-Men (from the Kyle/Yost era), a popular heavy-hitter (perhaps Gambit or Rachel Grey)...a fun compact team. Doing something.
    I would buy something like that, Magma, yeah, NuAngel, yeah, a few New X-Men (prefer: Hellion, Indra, Dust, Surge, Mercury). Let Rachel stay in W&TXM.

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Part of me was thinking that maybe this WON'T be relaunched...we already have so many new X-Men launches in Marvel NOW, and Uncanny replaces it the same month.

But when you break it all down, with New Mutants being cancelled (Cable & X-Force replaces it) and X-Men being cancelled (Uncanny X-Men replaces it), that leaves the same number of X-Books as before (assuming we don't count Uncanny Avengers).

So surely Marvel NOW will add at least one additional X-Book to the lineup in March.

I can't help but notice that they are re launching the X comics with the characters as villains.

This is the least surprising cancellation ever. Wood wrote some great stuff here, but he had to contend with the stink of Gischler's run before him with all the useless team-ups and vampire crap that went nowhere. Unfortunately, they never gave the book serious promotion when Wood took the helm, likely because of all the AvX hype going on. When I talked to other fans at my LCS, they either had no idea this title was on the shelves or thought Gischler was still on it. Personally, I tuned out after Wood left the book.

On a positive note, it's nice to see Wood find his footing in comics after DC axed his Vertigo titles bc of the New 52 push. DMZ was awesome. It looks like Marvel really helped a brotha out, and Wood definitely delivered the goods for them.
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerG View Post
    When you put a terrible hack writer on a mid tier book like X-Men, it usually gets cancelled. Marvel, you can do better for your fans than Seth Peck.
    Let me guess...you're upset that Marvel didn't call you to do four issues?

Based on an admittedly small sample size (two anonymous posts insulting a talented professional who is writing a very entertaining arc), I'm not sure you're up to the task just yet, kid.

Keep working!

-BCM
    ---------------------------------
    B. Clay Moore
    writes

B. Clay Moore Bloggery

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Marvel Comics' February solicitations reveal "X-Men" #41 written by Seth Peck with art by Jefte Palo will be the final issue of the series, even as the publisher continues to announce more titles for Marvel NOW!

Full article here.
    Thank goodness this misbegotten crap is being put out of its misery. I'm not caught up to present and Wood was great, but what it comes down to is that this book should have been at the center of the X-universe but it frequently seemed to have no reason to exist.

Interesting that they didn't shove it off a cliff in time for Bendis to launch both Uncanny X-Men AND X-Men as the co-flagships. Given all the writers they've unfurled so far, I can't imagine who they could possibly have up their sleeve to relaunch this one.

Best possible replacement? Something along the lines of the outgoing Legacy team just getting in fights and having adventures, early-90s style. One main book that's about the X-Men as a team of superheroes that you can give to the kids in your life.
    Last edited by krisis; 11-16-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I know! There should be an Avenging X-Men title... when X-Men team up with Avengers!

BRILLIANT!
    Avenging X-Men and Uncanny Avengers. I smell crossover!!!
    My Canon > Your Canon

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    He's the latest in a long line of great writers DC has let slip through their stupid, clueless fingers...
    His action comics run was the only one I read but it killed.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Anybody familiar with Paul Cornell? Vouch for/recommend him?
    Surprised no one's mentioned his current work on Vertigo's "Saucer Country." He's been doing some incredible work over there with artist Ryan Kelly.

I've been expecting this news for a few months now.It seems that marvel now only takes a title to around 40 issues,and at best, 50.I think that we will see FAR fewer 100 issues, but you can bet that down the line, picking up either at the old numbering,for a big 700th-800th issue.It's a confusing mess,to the casual fan.More and more what they push as a jump on point, to me is a jump off point.Pretty soon I'll be down to picking up more or less 5 books a month.