Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Daniel Talks "Justice League" and "Action Comics"

On the eve of talking over as artist on "Action Comics" in March, Tony Daniel spoke with CBR about collaborating with Andy Diggle on Superman following his two-issue arc on "Justice League" with Geoff Johns.

Full article here.

It all sounds really good, I think I'll like it. Hopefully he'll stay here for 5 years like his batman stint.

Nice to hear some elaborate insight from the artist himself. I loved his art in JL13. I think he achieved eveything exactly as he said. I like what he says about how Supes is envisioned for illustrations and his talk about Metropolis sounds really interesting. Hoping Andy can deliver. Great to have Tony on Action.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Seconded. He seems to have a pretty clear take on how to draw Superman. I'll look forward to this.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

I like Daniel's art but I don't think it fits Action Comics.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

lot of "at first" talk about the costume. Interesting...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't see him as a good fit for this book at all.

I don't see how it fits any less than Morales did to be honest. Daniel draws a better "present day" Superman, at least. Rags' penchant was the younger, jeans and t-shirt Superman. With Action permanently in the present day, Daniel is a decent enough fit.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't see how it fits any less than Morales did to be honest. Daniel draws a better "present day" Superman, at least. Rags' penchant was the younger, jeans and t-shirt Superman. With Action permanently in the present day, Daniel is a decent enough fit.
    I was a huge fan of Morales' work on the book. His Superman reminded me of Joe Shuster's a lot.

He was very hit or miss with me. And he doesn't draw Superman in the actual suit very well. Better than he was at first, but its still not his forte.

I don't know. Ever since I saw how Ken Rocafort draws Superman, I'm getting less satisfied with Morales' Superman.

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I loved the way he drawed Blue Jeans and T shirt Superman, but he has a bit of a hard time with the new 52 suit. Somehow, the Superman with his modern suit looks younger than the one in jeans.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

I like the style Daniel used in Justice League 13, so I'm looking forward to this. Probably going to get hated on for this comment but I've grown bored and dissatisfied with Morrison's Action Comics. I already like Lobdell & Rocafort's Superman title more and I'm eager for the Diggle & Daniel Action run to start. The Brainiac arc of Action was freaking amazing, but since then I've only liked a couple issues and am more often than not disappointed.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

To be fair, I think that the inker for Morales's pencils wasn't at the top of his game. The difference in the last couple of issues is noticeable, and for the better.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Unless I hear great things about Diggle's Action, I plan on dropping it once Morrison leaves. I don't care for Daniel's inconsistent, asymmetrical art.

Dropping Justice League, as uninspired as it's been, is still hard to do, for some reason.
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 11-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor