Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Turned 44 last month, and have been reading since the mid 70's. I may quit this year since I might lose my job, and I haven't enjoyed what Marvel has been doing for the last twelve years. The DCnu is starting to lose it's shine with me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crossword View Post
    Turned 44 last month, and have been reading since the mid 70's. I may quit this year since I might lose my job, and I haven't enjoyed what Marvel has been doing for the last twelve years. The DCnu is starting to lose it's shine with me as well.
    You should try the new Valiant books.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog1981 View Post
    You should try the new Valiant books.
    I was thinking about checking out Shadowman.

I liked the first issue a lot. Their other titles have all been pretty good.

34, and I just guess I love the escaping reality aspect of it. I maintain that comics is just a medium, just like books or movies, and I always thought I'd read other comics when I got older, less superheroes. But I still love them! The difference is that I interest myself much about the stuff behind the scenes. And fewer comics give me that "wow, this is GREAT" feeling.

I'm 34, reading comics casually for 13 years, started seriously reading a year ago. Although I watched comic book related cartoons when I was little girl (Superfriends, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, The X-Men, etc.), I was more into reading straight up books. Occasionally, I'd pick up a comic book; I distinctly remember having an ALF comic! I didn't really have friends who were into comics, so my exposure was limited.
    Things changed when I started college. Through roommates and their friends, I became more exposed to anime, manga, and comic books and my interest grew. About 10 years ago, while attending grad school, I started dating my now fiance (you guys know him as the poster, Hambone), who is an avid comic book reader and collector. I read whatever he brought home, but didn't really buy anything of my own. This past year, I found some titles that resonated with me, and I started my own collection!
    I read comics because I enjoy the combination of visual art work and dialogue.
    Last edited by shibori78; 12-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Am i old? For an apricot, yes; for a head of lettuce, even more so. But for a mountain, I am not yet begun in years. For a man, I am just right.

Which this week translates to 57. My brothers got me started on Superman and Batman; my first Marvel was my brother-in-law's copy of Fantastic Four #3. I've drifted away from comics now and again, but I always come back. I like the action and fantasy of superheroics, but more than that I love the medium, the mixture of words and pictures that can tell any kind of story.

Currently I'm reading Earth 2, the Defenders (oops), Life w/Archie. I still check in now and then w/favorites like Fantastic Four or Supergirl, Vampirella, the Shadow, the Simpsons, the Valiant or Red Circle characters. And anything new that looks cool.
    HAIL HYDROX!

If you're so smart, why aren't you naked?

Have been reading comics for as long as I can remember and have been collecting them since I was 8.

I still read them because I still enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog1981 View Post
    I liked the first issue a lot. Their other titles have all been pretty good.
    I'll have to get down to my LCS and see if they still have it. Thanks.

i just turned 30 and i started reading in the first grade. my older brother got me started with some x-men stuff. i have loved them since.

The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

I'm 33 and I don't know why I still read comics. With all the constant change it makes me feel a little burned out.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

24 and I just simply love the medium. I love the vast ideas and story telling and I love the visual aspects of it. I've been overall burned out with most of the Big 2 stuff but the independent books are what grab me and keep me interested.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!