Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I'm 51 and still read because I like to visit old friends.
    Call me a sap, but this made me smile.

25. Been a fan of comics/superheroes since I can remember. During my teens I kinda stopped reading comics, but in the past 2 or 3 years I started reading again. Now I go to the local comic shop once or twice a week. It is my only hobby and it is pretty amazing. I love comics and will probably not stop loving them or reading them for a long time to come.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

I'm 24 and I read comics when I was 8-12 years old then stopped until 21....best choice I made in awhile picking them up again!

I'm 36 and I still collect comics I guess since I was a kid I've always been a good artist and Superman The Movie made me a lifelong comic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Actually, outside America they're mostly just called 'comics'.
    My mum calls them magazines -,-' but yeah, in the UK the general gist is 'Comics'
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    My mum calls them magazines -,-' but yeah, in the UK the general gist is 'Comics'
    Just curious. In the UK do you guys have alot of comic conventions?

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    not a lot, a few big ones, like the London Super Convention and Thought Bubble in Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    There are plenty, but not gigantic if you get me. I think guys like Cromagnonman will know more, I've never attended one but have seen many advertised.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    not a lot, a few big ones, like the London Super Convention and Thought Bubble in Leeds.
    There are actually a lot of regular or semi-regular ones (Bristol, for instance), but they perhaps don't get the level of advertising they should.

Im 25 and 3 quarters. I didnt read comics as a kid, started when I got a job at 17. I have a couple of friends in their late 20's who read comics too.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I am 19, been reading comics for almost 2 years next May.

I read and collect them because it's a great hobby to me, although I wish I picked it up when I was younger. Amazing stories and especially the art by talented writers/artists keep me going, and I hope to some day pass my comics down to my kid or nephew.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

I think a big reason that there aren't many kids who read comics is the limited access to them (compared to when I was a kid). Of course the price now is a problem too, but I remember when there were comic racks in most pharmacies, convenience stores, and even grocery stores. I would buy a few and read them at the magazine rack while Mom did the grocery shopping. I'm sure she was glad that I wasn't bothering her while she shopped, and I didn't hate going anymore. It was worth it for her to have me content and accounted for. Comic shops are great, but making comics a specialized hobby probably has really cut back exposure to them at a young age. Instead of just walking into a store, noticing a cover and deciding to check it out, kids today have to actively seek out comics.

I am 40 and from Denmark, and I was reading American superhero-comic books from when I was 12 until I turned 16.... and then I at the age of 38 I bought 2000 American and Danish comics. Then it got totally out of control when I later divorced my wife. I am now the happy owner of about 4000 comics.

I have discovered the high level of the authors (Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore etch.), and I like the more mature line of comics from Vertigo, Icon, Image, Dark Horse etc., but I still find great satisfaction in superheroes. In my youth I wouldn't touch a DC Comics and was a huge Marvel Comics fan. Now I read them all and is buyng collections to supply my growing collection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    Oh I see. Do you ever get any big names to show up?

18. Been reading for 2 years, don't plan on stopping.