Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm 33 next month and have been reading them since I found a micronauts comic when I was 4 or 5 years old.

I mainly read the punisher but basically I'll give anything a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i'll be 33 tomorrow. i read because i am invested in the characters and their continuity. it beats reality television, at least.
    Hope your b-day was a blast Monty.

I'll be a number I can't believe early next year, but I don't look it or act it...and comics are part of the reason why. I love them, I love when I get into characters and stories and see the impossible become possible.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Just turned 31. Picked up my first Archie comic in 1987, switched to DC/Marvel around 1990-1991.

While there's been various periods where this "hobby" has definitely felt like a chore, I ultimately stick with it because I love the characters and the history I share with them. Or at lease did before the New 52...

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post

so what does everyone read?
    I could probably list the Marvel titles I don't read on one hand. I don't care for the Ultimate line, Punisher,Ghost Rider or Man-Thing when they have titles.
    There are occasionally one-shots or specials that I don't pick up, but that's pretty rare. I'm willing to read most everything as long as I can afford it.
    I only read certain DC titles because I just can't get into their whole universe as much as Marvel.

I'll be 21 shortly.

And to echo pretty much everyone else, I keep reading because it's fun. Because it's a blast to open and find Spidey pummeling the Scorpion and then swinging around NYC.

But also because, and this will sound corny, you can be Spiderman. Or Captain America, or Cyclops or hell even Puck and you can see yourselves in these characters and know there's something inherently good in everyone.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    the "37 year old me" is the "12 year old me's" hero.
    The 35 year old me is the 12 year old me's cautionary tale...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

An assortment of Marvel titles, but currently excluding Ultimate, all-ages, and MAX titles.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

BANNED

Anything and everything that strikes me as interesting. On any given month, I read maybe twenty Marvels, a dozen or so books from Dynamite, IDW, Archie, Dark Horse or Boom Studios, a couple of Vertigo's, and several British or European titles including a month's worth of 2000AD (which comes out weekly), the Judge Dredd Megazine, Commando, Doctor Who Magazine, Classics Illustrated and CLiNT. I'll also probably pick up at least one GN per month, whether European or American, and I'm forever picking up old stuff from ebay. I just love comics.

I am 35 now and read since i was 5 years old.

I collected mostly Marvel, but now i am more into independent stuff like Image. Dc 52 got me interested in them more than ever. Ah, i buy 30 titles a month and a few trades along the way, its so much fun.

The reason why i read is, that comics are faster than books and better to handle than movies. And i can keep my own pace and enjoy the silence while reading. And art is very important, some candy for the eye.

To see a great drawing is like watching a beautiful woman.

In my 30's(in human yrs :-) ) I read them for the same reasons humans the read the qu'ran , bagavad gita, bible or any similar text, I grew up in a world of suffering, immoral and amorality, comics and martial Art movies taught me to have honor,strive for decency, be virtuous and with great power comes great responsibility!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

I also find society is starting to accept comic books. It's no longer a thing where people are ashamed. I read marvel mostly. I'm new so I'm finding my feet. I tailor books to what I like. I'm reading JiM and Thor due to mythology.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

At this stage a modest handful of Marvel (Daredevil, Winter Soldier, Avenging Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, going to continue with JiM as it carries on with Sif, also Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man), always willing to check out Dark Horse (BPRD, Baltimore, just started Ghost, and can't wait for Hellboy In Hell come December), and too long a list of independent titles. Also been greatly enjoying the opportunities to catch up with old stuff in trades--which weren't part of the scene, back when I was collecting in my 20s.
    Mostly moved on to fanfiction.net...

I'm 26 and started reading after i got really into the X-Men and Spider-man animated series. My first comic was a UK reprint of the X-Men about Half way through the phalanx covenant. I stopped reading when i was about 15 when i got my first serious (High school serious) girlfriend. Started reading again when i was 18 (after i got dumped) and don't plan to stop. I am a Marvel guy but i started reading DC last year with the N52 and i like a lot of image stuff.

It does bother me when people say comics are for kids but i know its just their ignorance. If you like it, why stop. Hell, i still collect Action Figures and that is way more embarrassing than comics.

I'm 35 and have been reading comic's since i was 6 or so (looked at the pictures before i could read) and have never looked back. I'm a big fan of Wolverine, Spider-man and Batman.

I'm 28. I've been a Marvel fan my entire life. For me, I think that comic books are a better venue for storytelling than anything in a movie or on TV. Comics in a single continuity world is akin to watching a soap opera from various different characters and viewpoints. It's really fun for me to connect the dots and keep up with the characters I've enjoyed ever since childhood.

I was out of the comics fandom for a bit and got back into it with Brian Michael Bendis' New Avengers (first series). It was really a perfect time for a lapsed reader such as myself. Civil War, Secret Invasion, and Ed Brubaker's incredible run on Captain America really sold me that this is something I want to continue to enjoy in adulthood.

I'm a huge X-Men and Spider-Man fan, and I always enjoyed reading stuff like Kurt Busiek's Avengers when I was younger.