Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Bringing John Constantine into the main DCnU is a huge plus for the character that I put him on my Winners list. Oliver Queen's new look combined with the extra exposure he's getting with JLA and Arrow is a plus enough that he makes my Winners list. Owlman and Talon are on my Winners list for much of the same reason as Constantine. As for Zatanna, I think her makeover was the best of the New 52. Hal made the list regardless of recent events, because he was pretty much the lead character on John's JL book for at least the first story arch. I liked Aquaman's makeover as well. Flash seems to play a larger role since flashpoint. As for Strife, how much page time did she ever get as Eris? Cyborg got promoted to the Justice League, plus for him. Steve Trevor seems to be getting positioned as a Nick Fury-type expanding his role in the reboot. And then there's Bat-Cow... the only truly awesome new character in the DCnU.
    Arrow happened in spite of, not because of the current series. He's nothing but a spoiled brat currently and he was a prominent Justice League member pre-New 52 anyway and that's all been thrown away, along with any shred of personality.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Chew, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Saga, Stormwatch, Wonder Woman

Winners

Aquaman and Mera - glad to see lots of posters agree. This book has been great: art beautifully done. I will really miss reis's water shots. Art and Mera have personalities! One of my top choices

JSA - I know many people will disagree with me here, but hear me out. The old DCU was chockfull of heroes. Almost too many. The JSA was in the background. Think about this. When the JLA was in trouble prior to the original Crisis, who did they call? The pros. The JSA. After Crisis? Virtually everyone but. EARTH 2 has been a breath of fresh air for these characters. They were stagnating. Im one of the biggest JSA fans around, but the last few years of JSA prior to Flashpoint were boring. Even with the reboot, I miss the old crew, but so far this series has been a real treat.

Wonder Woman - awesome, simply awesome (but agree with a few others that the Amazons are the losers).

Steve Trevor - This is the Steve Trevor that should have been around for the past 40 years. I think I have a man-crush on him.

Dark line - while I'm not getting all of the Dark titles, the ones I do get rock. I think almost every series in this line is doing well, both art and story wise

Losers

Mr Terrfic - wow, that was just a bad dream, wasn't it? Why?????

Firestorm - taking two former firestorms and melding them into one, just doesnt work for me. I dunno why. Maybe because both characters pre-flashpoint were well rounded. They didnt need to be combined. The shouldnt have been.

Donna Troy, Wally West, Cassie, Steph, Garth, all those that are gone. Hopefully some of the become Winners on next year's list.

Wonder Girl - Ugh. Awful. Hate his version. Still really not sure what she is about. Cassie prefp was fun. This one is such a pill.

Green Lantern - Im bored. This is where DC made their biggest mistake. When they rebooted everyone else but GL (and Batman, dont worry, he's next) they should have followed suit with these two. There are way too GL titles. Did we really need a Red Lanterns book? Really? Who was clamoring for that? Anyway, not loving GL

Call of Koo Koo Kachoo TheGavGav's Avatar

Winners:

- Batman: Snyder is amazing, can't wait for his Superman book. Daniels Detective Comics wasn't so great though, Batman seemed too naive.
    - Wonder Woman: An amazing, somewhat gritty reboot.
    - Buddy Baker
    - Barry Allen: He's been handled well, but come back Wally, we miss you!
    - Aquaman
    - Swamp Thing
    - Dial H: WOW!!
    - Nightwing
    - Jonah Hex: Love the pairing with Amadeus Arkham.
    - Action Comics: The Superman book to read, the actual Superman ongoing was initially unreadable.

Losers:

Green Arrow: Terrible, bland, slow-paced, direction-less, unreadable drivel. Looking forward to Lemire's run.
    Deathstroke: Robert Liefeild.
    Hawkman: Robert Liefeild.
    Grifter: Robert Liefeild.
    Hawk and Dove: Oh god! The worst of Robert Liefeild!
    Justice League International: Very boring, poor Booster Gold.

Can't name 10, I'm out of hatred.

Biggest Winner WONDER WOMAN

Biggest Loser Superman's Costume

Most waiting for "will the real _________ show up" LEX LUTHOR

Winners

Wonder Woman - A good book, wtf
    Mera - Transformed her character, more so than Aquaman in some respects.
    Aquaman - made Aquaman seem pretty cool.
    Dead man (loved his DC presents story) ongoing series for a great character
    Talon - Series for a new character. Kudos.
    Sinestro - Not reading in singles, but he had a great start in GL.
    Superman - Some good stories for once, and one of DC's key writers being given a title.
    Swamp Thing and Animal Man - Well tied together, looks promising for the future.
    Etrigan - for Demon Knights
    I, Vampire - just in general

Undecided - Kyle Rayner, his own book but I've yet to read it. I heard his origins have changed so potentially a loser if it has significantly changed him.
    - John Constantine, who knows how well that will go but it's a huge gamble.

Losers

Wally West - from important legacy character with a great run to nthing
    Tim Drake - from one of the more interesting Robins to barely recognisable in places and just dull in others
    Booster Gold - great series pre-new 52, now a cancelled book and limbo (and a poor characterisation)
    Blue Beetle - Much like Booster GOld, a fun series pre-boot and now a fraking terrible book.
    Green Arrow - WTF. A glimmer of hope for Lemire to recover this but the damage has been done with the wholesale changes imo.
    Hawkman - Damage to him has been emphasised by the Omnibus that was recently released.
    Dick Grayson - I love his run as Batman, give me more! His Nightwing book is poor in comparison.
    Barry Allen - Consistently great art, not bad storyline but the links with the Flash family being severed suck massively. I miss them all.
    JSA - The mentoring side of things was great, miss that big time.
    Static Shock - Wasted.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    The Amazons - Did they really need to be turned into man-hating, murderous slave-traders? I liked them better when they weren't villains.
    The thing is that they aren't really villains, though. Its just that as a society, they've done some unsavory things in order to survive as a culture. The US has done the same....except what we've done in the real world is probably worse. However, at the same time, in Batwoman, its been said that the Amazons were acting as defenders of the human race against mythological monsters for centuries.

Is Wally really a loser because of the New 52? He was getting replaced before the reboot by Barry. Same thing with Cassandra Cain.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    The thing is that they aren't really villains, though. Its just that as a society, they've done some unsavory things in order to survive as a culture. The US has done the same....except what we've done in the real world is probably worse. However, at the same time, in Batwoman, its been said that the Amazons were acting as defenders of the human race against mythological monsters for centuries.
    You don't know that, you are assuming that they do these unsavoury things to survive, but since they're immortal they don't really need to be popping out kids, now do they? And they certainly don't need to murder the sailors afterwards or sell their sons into slavery. And frankly a good act does not negate an evil act. Azz has shown them to be a close-minded, bigoted people who hate men and happily talk and threaten them with castration. And apparently Diana grew up thinking men and women were at war with one another.

My biggest problem with it is that its just a very boring thing to do with them. It's like he put no creative thought into them at all. He just went Amazons = man-hating barbarians.

I'm really hoping though that Hephaestus was talking a right load of poo and there is a lot more to them that's been shown, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    You don't know that, you are assuming that they do these unsavoury things to survive, but since they're immortal they don't really need to be popping out kids, now do they? And they certainly don't need to murder the sailors afterwards or sell their sons into slavery. And frankly a good act does not negate an evil act. Azz has shown them to be a close-minded, bigoted people who hate men and happily talk and threaten them with castration. And apparently Diana grew up thinking men and women were at war with one another.

My biggest problem with it is that its just a very boring thing to do with them. It's like he put no creative thought into them at all. He just went Amazons = man-hating barbarians.

I'm really hoping though that Hephaestus was talking a right load of poo and there is a lot more to them that's been shown, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I dont think they are immortal anymore. If they were, and they have kids every thirty years or so.....there's only so much room and so many resources on the Island. Given the heavy sense of realism Azzarello has put into the title, I dont see the Island having an infinite amount of food or room for the ever growing immortal Amazon population. Maybe the old Amazons are killed when they reach a certain age?

There's just far too many unanswered questions at this point. They have certainly done terrible things, and the reasons why are still very much shrouded in mystery. All we have to go on is the attitude the Amazons showed towards men and god-men, and a story told by the Smith, who could easily have been lying, and a line or two from Diana about thinking there was a gender war going on in the rest of the world.

Not defending the Amazons, it would take something massive to excuse their actions. But right now, I cant fully condone them either, simply because we have so little to go on and most of what we think we know is largely conjecture.

Winners: Jim Lee, Dan Didio, Geoff Johns, Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder, Ivan Reis...

Losers: Grant Morrison, Alan Moore (if you count Before Watchmen), Paul Levitz, Marvel Comics...

Winners:

Supergirl
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Justice League

Losers:

Power Girl
    Fairchild
    Amanda Waller
    Zatanna
    Phantom Lady

(and anyone Brett Booth designs)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Winners
    Batman (of Batman, Batman Inc. and Batman & Robin)
    Damian Wayne
    Wonder Woman
    Superman
    Cyborg
    Joker
    Penguin

Losers
    Batman (of Detective and Dark Knight)
    The Teen Titans
    Steve Trevor
    Green Arrow
    Lois Lane
    Suicide Squad
    Deathstroke
    Rob Liefeld

The rest fit in the middle somewhere.
    Wouldn't Batman just be on the winners if 3 out of 5 of his titles are good? Not to mention that DC and TDK aren't that bad now that the new writer have taken over them.

The biggest winners I can think of is the Penguin and Wonder Woman. The Penguin has gotten a MASSIVE push in Batman, DC, Nightwing, Catwoman, BoP and his own miniseries (his miniseries made me love the character) and is now the King of Gotham crime.
    Wonder Woman's book has gotten great and people who never cared about her like it. Steve Trevor is now a character (though he's a poorly written and generic one now) and she has a boyfriend who people have heard of. I'm not a fan of either or this changes but it still puts her in a more important role.

Winners
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    JL Dark
    Guy Gardner
    Aquaman
    Red Hood and the Outlaws

Losers:
    Hal Jordan
    Wally West
    Cassandra Cain
    Stephanie Brown
    Teen Titans
    Justice League
    Birds of Prey
    Batman and Robin
    Superman
    Action
    Detective
    Grifter
    Deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Batman (and half of his family) I feel lost for the same reason Green Lantern did. They didn't get rebooted, too me both franchises look like a hot mess. I'm a returning reader and I'm wondering why Batman has 37 Robins, and Green lantern issue one read like the middle of a story arc.
    I feel the same about Batman, the reboot hasnt been good for Batman family comics. The younger Wayne/Batman hasnt been handled too well. I was reading much more of Bat family comics, was into their world. Somehow it feels wrong the lack of history Batman and co have.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Winners:

Animal Man
    Frankenstein
    Blue Beetle
    Swamp Thing

Other than Blue Beetle those comics was new to me and they were handled well,written well in their own worlds. They are winners because they appeal to me more now than before.

Losers:

Batman - i dont feel he has been done to be as important to me he was in his comics before 52. Snyder right now isnt up to Detective comics run of his.
    Tim Drake - Red Robin was awesome, where is he now in some generic Teen Titans
    Dick Grayson - He is even less important in Batman family than before 52. NW comics reboot was just.....
    John Constantine - not compared to Hellblazer Constantine but old DCU one. A young blond team leader like Nick Fury is waste of good magic character.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk