Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tim Drake isn't dying.

Where's the "nobody" option on this poll? I'd be extremely surprised if anybody died. I'd be upset if they killer Harper Row. I fell in love with that character, and I'd love to see more of her. Killing her off would only serve to add to the "women in refrigerators" trope.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Owl Man!!!

Still Pro-Registration in Tater's Avatar

My first reaction was Red Robin/Tim Drake. He just seems redundant in the new 52. To be fair, I don't really read anything with in it, besides his occasional appearances in like Batman & Robin.
    After thinking it over, I think it may be Alfred. The story is "Death OF The Family" and it seems like Alfred is the glue that keeps the family together.
    Best comic on the market? Avengers Academy

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    I vote for none either. I don't think anyone on this list is gonna die. They're too important and "unkillable". (except Harper but she's new so what's the point of killing her ?).

They can kill Harvey Bullock or Lucius Fox eventually but I doubt it.

(The storyline is called "Death OF the family", not "Death IN the family" : the batfamily will be shattered but nobody will die.)
    I tend to agree. It is far too early in the New 52 to start killing major characters like Alfred or Gordon. But at the same time, I'd feel a bit short changed without one major death. I'd even settle for a Killing Joke style crippling of a character (yes, I know how awful that makes me sound).

So I'll still spruik Tim as my candidate to die, but I agree it'll be the family that gets destroyed. Still, the Joker should have another major notch to add to his belt by the end of this arc (not that death in comics means a whole lot nowadays).
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

Quote Originally Posted by clownprince01 View Post
    So I'll still spruik Tim as my candidate to die, but I agree it'll be the family that gets destroyed. Still, the Joker should have another major notch to add to his belt by the end of this arc (not that death in comics means a whole lot nowadays).
    Could we have a translation of "spruik" for those of us who aren't familiar with Australian lingo?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yeah...none of those characters are going to die. There really should have been a none option.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Could we have a translation of "spruik" for those of us who aren't familiar with Australian lingo?
    Haha, fair enough. "Spruiking" means to advertise or promote something, often by speaking in public.

Basically, I want Tim Drake six feet under. Although I doubt it'll happen.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

And I want Tim Drake back in a solo book, preferrably written again by FabNic and drawn by To. Sad fact is, neither of us will probably get what we want.

And they really do need a "none" option on that thing. We've already got all the Robins and Batgirl confirmed to survive the event. Alfred's really the only big candidate left.

the actual chances of Batman killing the joker, or joker dieing are less than zero. but i agree with Coal Tiger that Joker could trick Bats into thinking the Family is dead. i disagree about Harper there is no reason for her to exist if Snyder is just going to kill her

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And I want Tim Drake back in a solo book, preferrably written again by FabNic and drawn by To. Sad fact is, neither of us will probably get what we want.

And they really do need a "none" option on that thing. We've already got all the Robins and Batgirl confirmed to survive the event. Alfred's really the only big candidate left.
    The depressing truth. FabNic was meant to write Tim.
    G+-Add me for comic reviews and other news!

PSN: maniacthw
    Currently playing: Battlefield 3, Infamous, Duke Nukem: Forever.

I think it is the death of the Gordon family, such as it is. Events will split the family more than it is already.

First off no one is going to die in DotF. Nuff said. The family may break up for a time and certainly people will be hurt both mentally and physically since the Joker is involved but no one's going to die. Seriously were is the "nobody" option here?

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveVibe View Post
    So here goes: Tim Drake is killed. Not only would it give readers a break from having yet another protege "Robin", but his death could wrap up the character, and give Teen Titans a big jolt and a way to take an new direction. I know there is some concern about who he really is, but I think his origin has been pretty well told. Perhaps allowing for a mashup of Titans and Ravagers.
    It would put a definant ending to the character that's for sure however and it would impact Teen Titans but I don't really see this happening. All of the Titans are newbies to the hero gig and I don't see DC killing off the only character with any real experience on the team just to give the book a shot in the arm so to speak. Add to that the problems DC has had in the past with killing off TT characters for shock value and you can see why I disagree with this.

And then there is Jason Todd. His rebirth does smack of a mystical reincarnation, but having him die again...and Batman again not being able to save him would be a shocker. I think Todd's death would have an impact on the RATO series, but I think this would also open up this series to end and then allowing a team to be put together as new young hero group, but older than Titans...Starfire, Raven, etc.
    Jason seems like he'd be pretty safe here precisely because he's already died at the hands of Joker before and I don't know about anyone else but I really don't want to see a rehashing of Death in the Family again wherein Batman is to late to save him. It's been done before and there was also a very similar situation with Damian in Batman and Robin recently as well.

Now the death of Dick Grayson would most likely be the biggest blow to Batman and fans. Now I cannot cited at the moment, but I remember reading in article or interview a hinting that what if someone else was in the Nightwing role. I think Dick's death would be a huge surprise that would be equal to the hype of the story line. Now, what I can envision is that after a Dick death that Jason could step up to being Bruce's number 2...taking up the role of Nightwing and giving up any connection to Red Hood and that identity to the Joker.
    I don't really think it would be all that much of surprise myself. They did intend to kill Dick but fan outcry prevented that from happening at the time. I don't think they will kill him off myself given that although I do agree that it would be equal to the hype of the story if they did so despite the fan outcry that would result.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Yeah, I think Tim Drake bites it, he's the most redundant of the batclan right now.

Tim Drake shouldn't die. If they wanted to clear up the murkiness of the five year gap they would have just left a Robin out. If it's a Robin I personally am betting on Jason. His solicit seems to me to be the only one where he could be dead.

I don't see how Tim is "redundant" more than any other Robin. Truthfully they should have just left Damian out of the reboot he makes the least sense.