Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I'm ecstatic for Daken's new book! *pats Marvel* Good Marvel. Good.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

It's the Wolverine family book

Wolverine, Daken, X-23, and Sabretooth travelling around the world doing whatever people with claws and healing factors do
    "Continuity doesn't really matter! Clarity is overrated! Let the fun begin!" - Kid Flash

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I hope this isn't an attempt to keep trying to make Daken "happen" with a solo title. He's already failed twice.

I'd read it though, if it were an ongoing about Gen. Howlett from Pak's X-Treme X-Men.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by vehement View Post
    It's the Wolverine family book

Wolverine, Daken, X-23, and Sabretooth travelling around the world doing whatever people with claws and healing factors do
    Don't forget Dog! He's coming back soon in W&TX.

Essential reading

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    JRJr is probably more revered for his work ethic than his technical capability. Plus he's got a famous father.
    Work ethic and ability to tell a story on a page, instead of people just posing like they're on a pin-up. That's why I like JRJr...that and he was the artist when I first started reading The Amazing Spider-Man and later on The Uncanny X-Men in the 80's.

But back on topic...Cornell and Davis? Love it. Hope it's not all Wolverine. Dude is literally everywhere. I know he sells t shirts and toys, but damn, Marvel.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

I was worried there weren't enough Wolverine titles.
    Cyclops was right.

I do hope that's a red herring teaser, if it were anything but Wolverine (Sleepwalker, Devil Dinosaur, the Micronauts, anything) it'd be a guaranteed buy for that creative team alone. I just can't stand the sight of the character at this point. I can deal with him being in a book (like an Avengers), but being the focus of the title is a deal-breaker for me.
    A Fool for the Foom

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    I hope this isn't an attempt to keep trying to make Daken "happen" with a solo title. He's already failed twice.
    Agreed. Personally, I cannot stand the character, and I hate it when I feel like the publisher is trying to force him on the public. Personal feelings aside, the market has made it pretty clear they're not interested in him enough for him to carry a series.

On a side note, am I the only person whose warped mind took that one word teaser and immediately went with "Lemony Snikt's A Series of Unfortunate Events"? Maybe it's a wolverine/x-23 parody of those books!

I can take or leave Alan Davis, honestly, but Cornell is good stuff.
    Last edited by santino27; 11-16-2012 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

That Savage wolverine title was bound to fail, so even though I not like Wolverine I'm happy marvel had enough sense to do this, it seems like a waste of a good creative team though.

Quote Originally Posted by theyallfalldown View Post
    snikt could also be the sound of a sword being drawn from its scabbard! *delusional hoping* especially with that creative team!
    Or a hairdresser's shears.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Maybe its in reference to the new hard light claws in Cable's arm attachment in the Cable & X-Force book. I would support his a Cable solo with this creative team.

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Maybe its in reference to the new hard light claws in Cable's arm attachment in the Cable & X-Force book. I would support his a Cable solo with this creative team.
    Ha. I like how you think. But I don't think Cable needs claws. Perhaps that's the sound his Carbonadium knife makes when he rips it out of its sheath.

It's the sound of Cable's scissors when he's doing a fab make over.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

It's obviously a follow up to Tsutomu Nihei's "Snikt!" mini from 2003. Dimension hopping Wolverine go!
    mod of r/TheDark, for news and discussion of The Dark line and related titles.

All I have to say about this is: HELL YES.

Love Cornell. Davis is an all-time-favorite. This could be titled "Avengers: Bromance" and I would still be into it with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by theyallfalldown View Post
    snikt could also be the sound of a sword being drawn from its scabbard! *delusional hoping* especially with that creative team!
    Right? How do you get them on the same book and pass up doing Excalibur?
    Last edited by krisis; 11-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.