Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

No it's not. Class 100 =/= 100 tons. Class 100 = MILLIONS of tons.

It's an exponential scale.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    No it's not. Class 100 =/= 100 tons. Class 100 = MILLIONS of tons.

It's an exponential scale.
    Is that a forum specific thing? Because everywhere I've read, class = number of tons you can lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    He*should* be able to do it. Then again was not shown to do it,so yeah.
    Well yeah, but it just involves a dude clapping his hands as hard as he can so it would be weird to say he can't since it isn't a specific super power nor is it some complex use of super strength. If he's nearly as strong as a guy with a decent thunderclap he should have one himself.

Not that it means his team will win.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    Is that a forum specific thing? Because everywhere I've read, class = number of tons you can lift.
    Well even the people who invented it(Marvel) seem to be awfully confused about it. They list Thor as a Class 100. If they legitimately think Thor can lift no more then 100 tons then it would seem they have never picked up more then perhaps a single issue of Thor. That or they totally think a serpent large enough to wrap itself around the planet weighs no more then 100 tons.

Though to answer your question yes I've see the "Class 100=billions of tons" thing on other forums.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-15-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Its funny, because it holds up well up till class 75 or so.

Spider-Man, Luke Cage, even Rhino seem to have fairly consistent strength feats. But once you get above those guys, folks start moving mountains.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

It holds up well til about Class 10, at which point it starts to drift.

I may be a little off here but it's something like:

Class 30 can probably lift about 40 tons.
    Class 50 probably about 80 tons.
    Class 75 maybe 175 tons.
    Class 80 about 300-500 tons.
    Class 90 = Tens of thousands of tons.
    Class 100 = Millions of tons.

Ben Grimm isn't a Class 100, and the guy used a skyscraper as a weapon. Class 90s carry around aircraft carriers.

True Class 100s do stuff ranging from holding up small islands (e.g. Wonder Man), through lifting mountains and holding tectonic plates together (e.g. Hulk) to moving moons etc (e.g. Superman).
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    When did Spiderman get hit by a train?
    Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    He didn't, but he did stop a runaway train in Spiderman 2, tried to halt it by bracing against pilings (which he snapped without any damage to his body), then webbed buildings and used his body as a human slingshot to stop the train. He actually sinks into the metal of the train in the process.
    He was his by a train before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    i believe before that happened he also got hit head on by a upcomming train while fighting doc oc, but i may be misremembering it....

yup at about 3:20 in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0

and easily shrugging it off no less.
    This. And not only that, he was struck by a train when he was on a train moving in the opposite direction. So, double velocity impact. That might actually be a better durability showing than taking Sandman's hits at the end.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I thought Abomination did something like a thunderclap in the movie? Or was that Hulk?
    Eric Bana Hulk never thunderclapped. That was Ed Norton Hulk.

While I can see the argument for Bana Hulk soloing, I don't see that as being probable.

Spidey definitely cannot solo this team. He'd be squished by Abom eventually, who demonstrated surprising quickness and agility climbing around those buildings during the big fight scene with Norton Hulk.

I still give the fight to the heroes, because, well, KJ picked a great combo to vanquish those villains

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Eric Bana Hulk never thunderclapped. That was Ed Norton Hulk.
    He knows that. He was talking about the Norton movie just to establish whether Abomination had done so.

BANNED

I don't see this being all too easy for the heroes. Certainly not as easy as some are making out - I mean no one is soloing this.

Abomination is a challenge for any individual on the hero team (and can indeed beat the majority of them), Whiplash and Iron Monger can fly, and Loki could have countless holographic decoys running around. And Loki can take beatings from the best that the heroes team has to offer.

With the heroes not knowing which one of the holograms was real, I'd also wager that Loki could get at least one member of the heroes team under his control with his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    He knows that. He was talking about the Norton movie just to establish whether Abomination had done so.

Sorry, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    I don't see this being all too easy for the heroes. Certainly not as easy as some are making out - I mean no one is soloing this.

Abomination is a challenge for any individual on the hero team (and can indeed beat the majority of them), Whiplash and Iron Monger can fly, and Loki could have countless holographic decoys running around. And Loki can take beatings from the best that the heroes team has to offer.

With the heroes not knowing which one of the holograms was real, I'd also wager that Loki could get at least one member of the heroes team under his control with his staff.
    Bana Hulk is not threatened by any character on team Villain, and nobody has strength or durability showings anywhere near him. He can solo, because Whiplash and Iron Monger eventually have to come down, and neither has the agility showings to dodge a power-leaping Bana hulk.

Unless you are giving Loki the Tesseract spear or the Gungnir as standard equipment, he's got no offense. Even if you do, Bana Hulk can soak falling from the atmosphere while being zapped by a super lightning storm, so I dont think he is threatened by the spear.

Spiderman is strong enough to exploit the same weaknesses in Iron Monger as Stark. Once that cockpit opens, Stane has got nothing. Whiplash moves like a 50 year old, and cant hit Spiderman without environmental aid. I'm pretty sure Spiderman can eventually get those whips jammed in some way that causes Whiplash to hit himself, which would end the fight.

Spider sense means that Loki illusions would be meaningless to Peter, who would instantly know where any attack is coming from. Loki has no real strength feats beyond beating up Cap, so its easy to imagine Spidey just taking the thing away from him, and webbing the punk to the ground.

Abomination is the only person who Spiderman may not be able to solo. If suffocation via web doesn't work, pete has no offense, but would probably never get hurt either.

Ghostrider can follow anybody via his bike, and his chain can extend as far as he wants it, so Whiplash and Iron Monger are down. Nobody here has anything that can put the Rider down. I could be wrong on this one, since I've only seen the movie once, but i honestly think that Loki may be the only person with the powers necessary to hurt Ghostrider...and even then, its a quickdraw to see if Ghostrider can rip the Spear out of Loki's hands.

I thought the weakness Tony exploited in the Iron Monger was that it couldn't handle extreme cold or something like that? Or did he exploit multiple weaknesses?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I thought the weakness Tony exploited in the Iron Monger was that it couldn't handle extreme cold or something like that? Or did he exploit multiple weaknesses?
    He also damaged the targeting system, IIRC. How Spidey would know where to locate the targeting system is beyond me though.

He doesn't need to, exactly. He can just rip out random parts. Honestly, Stane fucked up royal leaving gaps like that in the armor.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.