Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Judge Dredd" Writers Expand Mega-City One

Si Spurrier ("Simping Detective"), Rob Williams ("Low Life") and Al Ewing ("Judge Dredd") talk Judge Dredd, "Dredd," and expanding the world of Mega-City One in part 1 of a 2-part interview.

Full article here.

I really am an Android Claret & Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Si Spurrier ("Simping Detective"), Rob Williams ("Low Life") and Al Ewing ("Judge Dredd") talk Judge Dredd, "Dredd," and expanding the world of Mega-City One in part 1 of a 2-part interview.

Full article here.
    As a weekly Sci-Fi Anthology 2000ad is peerless.

US Comic buyers are more used to Superheroes rather than Sci-Fi , so that is probably why it doesnt do so well.
    http:\\blackadam-comics.ebid.net

These guys are seriously awesome. The fact that they are coming together to give us one serious Dredd-World epic is just icing on the cake. I'm so glad when I crack open an issue of 2000 AD and all three of them are churning out the best comics I read.

Yep, The Cold Deck is something very different for Dredd and for 2000ad, which should appeal to any US readers brave enough to give something new a try. The format should feel very familiar to folk raised on the big two, but the scale, complexity and ambition of what Ewing, Williams and Spurrier are doing is unique. Highly recommended.

Good interview.
    Cant wait for their work to hit the prog.

I gots to catch up! :O

A Perp In Open Water riot_shark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claret & Blue View Post
    US Comic buyers are more used to Superheroes rather than Sci-Fi, so that is probably why it doesnt do so well.
    I refuse to believe that just because it's science fiction, no one would dare purchase it.

The big reason probably is the price. I'm not sure how much it retails for over in Britain, but in the states, it's ten dollars (tax not include). That's an ungodly amount to spend on a book that's only 33 pages and continuously printed on a weekly basis

Quote Originally Posted by riot_shark View Post
    I refuse to believe that just because it's science fiction, no one would dare purchase it.

The big reason probably is the price. I'm not sure how much it retails for over in Britain, but in the states, it's ten dollars (tax not include). That's an ungodly amount to spend on a book that's only 33 pages and continuously printed on a weekly basis
    Exactly. That's the reason I don't follow it. I would love to read Megazine and 2000AD but being weekly they get expensive. I actually downloaded a digital issue but I just can't stand reading comics on a screen.
    Reading:
    On Hold:

Quote Originally Posted by riot_shark View Post

2000 AD isn't $10 an issue.

Its $5.25.