Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Still...coolest comic book writer ever or most debaucherous comic book writer ever?
    There's nothing to indicate that we're talking about a writer. It could be an artist or an editor.

The most debaucherous comic book writer ever may be the guy who wrote a memoir about the prostitutes he's been with.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about seeing that. But that could also mean the second theory may be in play. Or it's a flashback.
    Yeah, it could be a flashback. Because it states he says goodbye to Peter Parker before leaving for Philly. So Peter is either alive after #700 or it is a flashback.

This does seem to give some credence to the Ock/Peter body swap theory...or a Norman/Peter body swap.

OMD 2.0?
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 11-15-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Who is the Iron Patriot now? The Iron Patriot is on the cover of an Avengers title in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It depends on who he was talking to. If the story is true, it could be that a fan bought the guy a few drinks.
    True, which implies that there are fans all too eager to get a writer/editor/artist drunk to get the scoop in #700.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    Who is the Iron Patriot now? The Iron Patriot is on the cover of an Avengers title in the coming months.
    I think that pertains to the Ultimate Comics Universe if I'm not mistaken.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The most debaucherous comic book writer ever may be the guy who wrote a memoir about the prostitutes he's been with.
    Oh? Which book is that?

For a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by bluebottle View Post
    Oh? Which book is that?

For a friend...
    Chester Brown's PAYING FOR IT a comic-strip memoir about being a john.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I think that pertains to the Ultimate Comics Universe if I'm not mistaken.
    You are mistaken, Iron Patriot is in SECRET AVENGERS and the most likely candidate (although by no means guranteed) is Rhodey but we don't know who it is.

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    You are mistaken, Iron Patriot is in SECRET AVENGERS and the most likely candidate (although by no means guranteed) is Rhodey but we don't know who it is.

Cheers.

James.
    Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction. And yeah, considering how the upcoming Iron Man 3 has Iron Patriot in it, and we know that series of films are not tied to the Spider-Man films, I'm thinking it's more than likely it will be James Rhodes as well. Because there's no way Nick Fury Jr. or Maria Hill would allow someone like Norman Osborn roaming around.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd
    Well how about this? What if, thanks to what happens in Amazing Spider-Man #698-700, Doc Ock tells everyone on his cellblock that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. And just before he dies, he also sends out a mass e-mail to ALL of Spidey's villains telling them that Peter is Spider-Man. Peter knows this means that everyone he loves is now a potential target, and it's worse than when he publicly unmasked because the people he cares about wouldn't know why they're being attacked and thus wouldn't be able to protect themselves. Peter goes to Dr. Strange to do his mindwipe spell, but, as Dr. Strange told him at the end of "Spider-Island," he cannot perform the same spell twice.

Instead, what he can do is erase their memory of Peter Parker, i.e. they'll still remember Spider-Man but have no idea that any such person named "Peter Parker" exists. However, when Dr. Strange performs the spell, something goes wrong--maybe interference from Norman Osborn, perhaps--and instead of erasing the memory of Peter Parker from the villains, it erases the memory of Peter Parker from EVERYBODY, including Aunt May, Mary Jane, Carlie, Jonah, Harry, Flash...and even Peter himself. Basically, as far as the world is concerned, Peter Parker has never existed, but they all have memories of Spider-Man intact.
    Yes, this makes sense Peter Parker is accidentall included in the mind wipe, He still is Peter Parker but dosn't know he is Parker Parker. This could be very interesting if done right.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    Yes, this makes sense Peter Parker is accidentall included in the mind wipe, He still is Peter Parker but dosn't know he is Parker Parker. This could be very interesting if done right.
    So would Peter Parker know he is Spider-Man?

I don't get this guy. He 'knows' what happens, won't tell anyone cos he's scared Slott won't read his tweets, but wants as many people as possible to know that he 'knows' what's going on with 700.

Then this article gets posted. Another 'I know what you don't', but this time mentioning someone getting drunk in their spare time.

I hope nobody is fired over this strip club incident, and if Bleeding Cool were serious about wanting people at Marvel to like them then they shouldn't have posted this. It has the potential to reflect poorly on Marvel, but worse still it could possibly cost someone their livelihood. It's not like BC lack credibility, they did good work with revealing the New 52 so anything posted there will have more weight behind it than any rumors I post, for example.

Anyway, the Doc Strange stuff sounds a bit weak. I thought this was going to be a more personal story. I'm expecting good things for 700 (and still am), and my excitement peaked after 697 but reading this has caused it to wane just a bit.
    Last edited by Russell; 11-16-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther
    Good question...prehaps not. Maybe he'll have to learn to be Spider-Man all over again, seems problematic, but who knows.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    Good question...prehaps not. Maybe he'll have to learn to be Spider-Man all over again, seems problematic, but who knows.
    To clarify, under this theory, Peter would STILL remember he's Spider-Man because the only memories he would have left are everything that has happened to him while he was Spider-Man. But everything that happened to him while he was Peter Parker he would have no memory of. And no one would have any memory of Peter Parker either. As far as the world is concerned, there was no such person as Peter Parker. But everyone still remembers Spider-Man. They just don't know who he really is and neither does Peter because he himself has forgotten that he's really Peter Parker. And because he doesn't remember ever being Peter Parker and the moral guidelines that Uncle Ben had instilled in him, he thus becomes a more aggressive and darker character.