Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Bleeding Cool's mostly redacted possible ASM 700 Spoiler

Well, it's a story on Bleeding Cool.

Someone sent an email to Rich Johnson claimed that an individual involved in the Spider-Man comics got drunk at a strip club, and revealed some spoilers. Those are now partially redacted.

Marvel creator [REDACTED] got drunk in a stripclub in [REDACTED] and blurted out the entire synopsis for ASM 698-700. [REDACTED] spoilers:
    with accidental assistance from Doc Strange [REDACTED]. Leaving [REDACTED] with only the readers the wiser.
    end of spoilers
    It fits other stuff Johnson heard about what's going to happen in the books.

Anyone care to speculate? What does redacted mean?

Also, I think for the purpose of this thread, you don't need to worry about spoil tags when discussing a twitter message that got some attention.

And there's probably no point in trying to guess which creator may have got drunk. It's entirely possible that the entire story is BS.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

So that's how you impress a stripper?

"I've got the inside info on ASM 700, CandyCane! That's got to be worth a lap dance..."

Hard to take this too seriously...
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Somehow I'm left none the wiser here.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

ok so Dr. Strange is involved and only we the reader are going to know it? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by okpanic View Post
    Somehow I'm left none the wiser here.
    It was more an amusing incident, that Marvel go through such hoops to keep a story secret and then a creator blabs it to someone at a strip club and it reaches me.

I thought it was funny. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    ok so Dr. Strange is involved and only we the reader are going to know it? Interesting.
    If this really does involve Dr. Strange, sounds like Spidey needs some secret ID help again. Though it does say 'accidental.' Probably dealing with the fallout from the mindwipe?
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    It was more an amusing incident, that Marvel go through such hoops to keep a story secret and then a creator blabs it to someone at a strip club and it reaches me.

I thought it was funny. YMMV.
    well while we have you here, was their any info in the redacted portions youd like to share.... (dont realy care about who and where just the spoiler portion)

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If this really does involve Dr. Strange, sounds like Spidey needs some secret ID help again. Though it does say 'accidental.' Probably dealing with the fallout from the mindwipe?
    im calling it as being a version of peter.... like a dupe or something... is created to be superior spider-man.

it's Doc Ock. it's cool, Rich. you can tell us.
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

This is what Marvel gets for hiring Leisure Suit Larry!

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Get a stripper in his lap and Stan can't help but start telling stories. Comes with his age.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If Strange is in this then Peter is still Spider-man but he isn't Peter anymore thanks to Strange.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Well, it's a story on Bleeding Cool.

Someone sent an email to Rich Johnson claimed that an individual involved in the Spider-Man comics got drunk at a strip club, and revealed some spoilers. Those are now partially redacted.

It fits other stuff Johnson heard about what's going to happen in the books.

Anyone care to speculate? What does redacted mean?

Also, I think for the purpose of this thread, you don't need to worry about spoil tags when discussing a twitter message that got some attention.

And there's probably no point in trying to guess which creator may have got drunk. It's entirely possible that the entire story is BS.
    The only reason why I think it could be true is because Slott warning people they better not tweet or rt any link that spoils it. That sounds like it got out and Dan knows it.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

"Hey baby, you wanna know who the new Spider-Man is!?"

60% of the time, it works every time

Those 'spoilers' sound remarkably OMD'y to me. And Slott warning people only makes me remember the crap with #600 where they had the promo with the wedding invite for -Son and -Parker that was basically designed to tick the Peter/MJ fans off.