Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Straight Edge

Default Marvel February 2013 Solicitations

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42202

I didn't see CBR create a thread for this.

Coipel on UNCANNY AVENGERS!!!
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

no real surprises, although Superior Spidey, and avenging spidey are still on my list.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

It seems Marvel is seriously dialing down the double shipping in the New Year.

Interesting.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Ugh! It's so hard not to cave in and buy Hickman's Avengers.

Avengers Arena is heavy on the double-shipping, as is Ultimate X-Men, which I feel has double-shipped more than any Marvel book not named Amazing Spider-man.

Otherwise, nothing major here.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

Grabbing all the new Marvel Now titles but I am seriously hesitant on Nova.. Jeph Loeb is not a draw.. he is a massive red flag.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

BANNED

FF, Young Avengers, FEARLESS DEFENDERS, Red She-Hulk, JIM, X-Factor, DD, and a bunch of other titles.

Runaways vs. Avengers Academy
    *Smacks forehead*

Major character death in Uncanny Avengers
    Oh geez.

Iron Man on GotG is still ludicrous. Good to know Bendis can still miss the entire point of Marvel franchises.

And Not Nova. How long until we get Richie back? Man, I hope both these books crash and burn badly.

UNCANNY X-MEN #1
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
    CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    Variant Cover by GABRIELLE DELL’OTTO
    Variant by JOE QUESADA
    Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA
    The true flagship book of the X-Men returns. In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name UNCANNY X-MEN.
    Man, this book however I would like. Too bad it's by Bendis. Though doesn't Marvel now have three X-books where the main characters are sort of on the edge: X-Force, Uncanny X-Force and this? I love how they continue to give Bendis all these special advantages -- like Quesada variant covers -- to boost his numbers. Don't want him to have another Spider-Woman incident.

FEARLESS DEFENDERS #1
    NEW TEAM! NEW VILLAINS! NEW CREATORS! Valkyrie and Misty Knight are the Fearless Defenders and not since Power Man and Iron Fist has an unlikely duo kicked this much—well, you know. Writer Cullen Bunn (Venom, Sixth Gun, The Fearless) and new-to-Marvel artist Will Sliney (MacGyver, Star Wars) bring you the book everyone is going to be talking about on Thursday morning.
    I like Val a lot, though have no interest in Misty Knight. Probably get this, but really want to know who else is on the cast besides Dani.

UNCANNY AVENGERS #5
    • Wonder Man, Wasp and Sunfire join the team just in time for Grim Reaper’s revenge!
    • Tension between the team builds as Havok’s leadership is questioned!
    • The death of a major character at the hands of an Avenger in broad daylight!
    Wonder Man and Wasp? Yes, thank you, please. And Grim Reaper? Awesome. I hope it's not any of the traditional Avengers who kill someone, as they should all be opposed to killing. (Same with Rogue, for that matter.) And if it is Wolverine, I hope it results in him finally getting kicked off the team. (I suspect it'll be Thor, though, based on the previous covers -- and yeah, I know it never makes sense to judge a Marvel book by its cover.)

Secret Avengers #1
    “The Most Dangerous Secrets We Have... Are The Ones We Keep From Ourselves.” The new Nick Fury leads a covert Avengers strike team including but not limited to Hawkeye, Black Widow, The Hulk, The Winter Soldier, Maria Hill and Phil Coulson on missions so dangerous, even the team members themselves can’t know about them!
    Still considering this. I don't like the brainwashing idea, and Maria Hill's a villain (much less Fake Fury), which make me lean against it. Will give issue 1 a chance, though.

AVENGERS #5, 6
    • Meet Smasher, the first human member of the IMPERIAL GUARD and an Avenger.
    • Watch as the Avengers travel across the galaxy to fight off an invading force.
    • Watch as the Imperial Guard are broken on a dead moon.
    • The Secret Origin of the Universe.
    • Watch as for the first time in history, The UNIVERSE becomes sentient.
    • Watch as Captain Universe deciphers the code that was hidden in the first five issues.
    Smasher still seems like such a dull/odd choice for an Avenger. I guess I'll wait and see.
    Hickman really seems to like doing these secret history things. And isn't Eternity basically meant to be the universe and thus already sentient?

AVENGERS ARENA #4 & 5
    • Issue #4 = The Runaways vs. Avengers Academy!
    • Issue #5 = The Braddock Academy vs...themselves?
    • Plus: What is up with Chase and Darkhawk?
    I think we can all look forward to issue 5 as finally characters we actually care about won't be getting killed off.

Young Avengers solicit made me chuckle. A Wanda appearance (since I assume that's who'll be coming from UA) could get me to buy this.

F #4
    • It’s Valentine’s Day at the Baxter Building! So why does that spell trouble for She-Hulk?
    Could be a fun, classic lighthearted She-Hulk story. So glad she's back from exile.

CABLE AND X-FORCE #4
    • Witness the massacre that makes Cable and X-Force criminals.
    • They can’t go back from here…
    Was interested in this, but if it's going to be them killing everyone, I may rethink that. Still, I'll wait and see on it. I hope someone tells Hopeless he doesn't need to have death and murder in every issue of every book he writes.

UNCANNY X-FORCE #2
    • What secrets does the man with the “M” on his face bring from the future?
    Wow, kind of dull solicit. I almost forgot that I want to get this book until I saw the cover and remembered Puck is in it. But, man, Puck needs his costume!

HAWKEYE #8
    Valentine’s Day with THE heartthrob of the Marvel Universe?
    This will be… confusing. Xoxo, Hawkeye
    Hopefully the end of Spider-Woman making him lust after her with her pheromones.

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #25
    • The hottest new X-Book turns 25!
    • Jason Aaron (THOR:GOD OF THUNDER) and Eisner-Award winner Ramon Perez (Tale of Sand, JOHN CARTER) kick off the mega story that will define WXM in 2013!
    • Wolverine and the students go to the Savage Land!
    • Wolverine’s brother Dog, from the super hit ORIGIN, returns and becomes the biggest new X-Villain in years.
    Eh, I think I'm done with this book. Much as I like Mystique, after the last issue, I think I just realized it's never going to focus on the characters I'm more interested in reading about.

X-MEN #41
    Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    • At the end of an era, Storm puts a team together to search for the start of the next.
    • In the field, will Angel challenge her for leadership?
    Great cover. No interest in the book but I do love that cover.

New Warriors omnibus: If only I didn't already have all those issues, that'd be awesome. I miss the New Warriors, especially after that brief revival they had a few years ago where so many of them were in titles again.

WHY ALL THE VARIANTS!?

A bit surprised that Doctor Strange will be bring back his cape.

That Young Avengers solicit is hilarious. I want that book so badly.

The Superior Spider-Man in Journey Into Mystery doesn't have what makes his costume unique.

Hell yes, Camuncoli's Superior Spider-Man arc begins. Unfortunately, that probably means Ramos' arc begins once that one is over.

The Iron First and Doop team up sounds hilarious.

Love the X-Men Legacy cover, but it's not enough to make me want the book.

Ultimate Venom looks so much better than 616 Venom, at least when comparing the February covers.

Finally, they're ending X-Men, although it sounds like they're preparing for a relaunch.

Anyone else noticed that they have a rather large number of books with people either trapped or stuck somewhere? I mean, it helps the books stay independent, and prevents them from being dragged into a big event, but still. Actually, at this point, I'm curious if they'll even have an event in 2013, considering how Marvel NOW! would still be getting started.

Surprised that the Avengers vs. X-Men Companion is coming out, but glad. I like that it even includes Consequences.

Lots of paperbacks coming up. I still do not understand why Lizard's name is a part of No Turning Back, and the inclusion of Untold Tales of Spider-Man #9 just seems like padding.

Yes. Eternity is the physical manifestation of the Universe. Something about that solicit makes me think that the new Captain Universe is another physical manifestation or at least an agent of the 616.

Wonder what that means for Quasar's roles as PotU.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

YOUNG AVENGERS #2
    FANTASTIC FOUR #4
    FF #4
    X-MEN LEGACY #6
    X-FACTOR #251 & 252

The top 4 are probationary for the 1st few months though i expect most, if not all will stick.

I think I'll trade wait Hickman's Avengers & New Avengers.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

As of the February 2013 solits:

Sadly, there is only one.

NA # 3

Update: dropped everything else previously mentioned in this post after next week.

---

She who hopes Moon Knight has a huge honking role to play in Age of Ultron.
    Last edited by aNamored; 11-15-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post
    Finally, they're ending X-Men, although it sounds like they're preparing for a relaunch.
    Oh I didn't even notice. Good. Trim the fat. Too many books without a clear, distinct direction. The 'team-up' aspect didn't really stand out as there are other ways to do this than a continuity-light monthly.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

BANNED

OMG OLIVER COIPEL ON UNCANNY AVENGERS F$$K YEAH!!!!!

THE GOD BUTCHER

Avengers #5 & 6
    New Avengers #3 - I have so much faith in Hickman here. I am going to love all of this.

Uncanny Avengers #5 - If it even comes out. Love the new additions to the team. Love Coipel.
    Wolverine and the X-Men #25 - Love that hints of the future cover. Azazel? Mystique with the Hellfire Club? Weird, Mercury + Quentin Quire + Wolverine thing from the future?
    Thor: God of Thunder #5 - Kind of upset I got the first real look at Gorr the God-Butcher on this solicitation cover and not in the actual story. I have no one to blame but myself I guess.
    Red She-Hulk #62 - This is running nicely so far.
    Deadpool #5 - Wasn't that impressed by issue 1 but I'll let it play out a couple more before making a decision.

Secret Avengers #1 - I just hope Bucky is minimal. Might take a black Sharpie and just color him out whenever I see him. Also sad that Taskmaster wasn't on the Leinil Yu cover even though he was announced as part of the team.
    Uncanny X-Force #2 - Hope this lives up to the expectations I have built up for it.
    Fearless Defenders #1 - I have high hopes for this one too. Just hope it doesn't get cancelled before it has a chance to do something worthwhile.
    Indestructible Hulk #4
    Thunderbolts #4 & 5
    Captain America #4
    Savage Wolverine #2 - Mostly for the art but maybe the story will be decent too. Have no opinion on Cho as a writer.

Contemplating:
    A+X #5 - Sounds okay but I'm not too keen on short (half-issue each) one-shot stories that don't really continue anywhere or "mean" anything.
    Punisher War Zone #5
    FF #4 - The cover breaks my heart because I realize how much I'm going to miss the Future Foundation cast as a regular feature.

Aggresively browsing/art-gazing:
    All-New X-Men #7 - Love Mystique
    Uncanny X-Men #1 & 2 - Love Bachalo. Love Emma.
    Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1 - Love McNiven.
    Avengers Arena #4 & 5 - Love Kev Walker. Love Darkhawk. Hate this concept.

I hope they are relaunching X-Men with Brian Wood as the writer. His run on the title not too long ago was great and I would love to see him return, especially if he gets to use some of the characters that are getting sent to limbo/wallpaper status.
    Comic fan and hopeful author.