View Poll Results: Is Emma a Weak Woman?

Voters
96. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • As usual, Katya hits the nail on the head.

47 48.96%
  • How dare u?

49 51.04%
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    D@N, do you have scans of the Gen Hope issues where Cyclops calls Kitty the best X-Man? I think that should end this discussion.
    I have scans of Wolverine/Scott not letting Kitty in on all kinds of X-Men operations, whereas Emma has been in the inner circle for quite a while now. It's a nice thing to say and all but that's all it is. And we're talking about who is the stronger woman, not the better X-Men.

How was she able to voice her disapproval earlier? She couldn't even speak.
    She could've whined about it telepathically via Emma, Betsy or the Cuckoos. Hell, she could've mimed it. It's pretty damn easy; make some pretend glasses with her hand followed by a back-stabbing motion.

The first arc where she could was Fear Itself and in that she said she was going to phase Cyclops' head into a wall.
    Kitty literally didn't tell Scott why she threw that laughable, empty threat.

For the sake of seriousness, though, *of course* we knew why. Still, her objection wasn't about Cyclops' overall plan of not letting the world be destroyed by the Avengers. She was just throwing a tantrum over things that hurt her tiny feelings.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post

As for the OP, had Emma not paid the rent for Utopia, the Earth would've been destroyed. Pretty much the best investment ever. Many people get to judge Emma. Kitty Quitter Pryde isn't one of them.
    That's not a point for Emma it's a point for Jean. Since Emma would be in the trash if Jean hadn't put her back together. Scott and Emma owe her big time as usual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    The relationship was interesting, but only as a sick freakshow like that documentary with the guy who used to stick nails into his penis.
    Exactly this.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I have scans of Wolverine/Scott not letting Kitty in on all kinds of X-Men operations, whereas Emma has been in the inner circle for quite a while now. It's a nice thing to say and all but that's all it is. And we're talking about who is the stronger woman, not the better X-Men.
    Emma manipulated her way into the inner circle. It's not like she earned it through determination alone.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Why would she support something destructive? Colossus only cared about his little snowflake and we all know how that ended up. Wisdom was 30 years older than her. And she only left the X-Men once, because she was fed up with Xavier's isolationist BS, ALSO something that she turned out to be right about as seen in Morrison's run.

Only an idiot (Emma) would follow something they don't have full belief in.
    She's left the X-men way more than once. She left after Colossus' death, she left the New Mutants. During that period of the Twelve storyline she left to NOT go to school when the x-men disbanded (perfect time), but to hang out in NYC with Rogue and Nightcrawler and do a shit ton of dancing. just off the top of my head.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    That's not a point for Emma it's a point for Jean. Since Emma would be in the trash if Jean hadn't put her back together.
    Weak. Every superhero out there had his/her ass saved by someone else at some point.

Scott and Emma owe her big time as usual.
    You mean setting them up to save them world and lose pretty much everything in the process? How nice.

I'll admit the *world* owes Jean one. Scott and Emma were pretty much ground zero collateral.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-15-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post

You mean setting them up to save them world and lose pretty much everything in the process? How nice.
    That skyrocketed them to relevance especially Scott. I would think you'd be more grateful.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    You need help. Seriously.
    i'm in this thread to seek it from pros.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

That skyrocketed them to relevance especially Scott. I would think you'd be more grateful.
    I'm talking about how *they're* feeling about it. None of that fourth wall-breaking s***. Sure, they're most likely glad the world didn't get blown up by Beast or the Phoenix, but odds are they don't see it as a favor.

Crap, getting off-topic.

Kitty is right in the sense that Emma being such an enabler didn't turn out so well. She's just being selfish and utterly lacking self-awareness about pretty much everything else.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Complaining about her job to get attention is one of Kitty's favorite past times.

Hides her wierd pregnancy until it becomes a crisis for attention. Tries to guilt Peter with it. Spirals off into a wierd denial fantasy for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    She left after Colossus' death
    She had already left the X-Men at this point. Because of previously menioned disapproval of Xavier's methods.

she left the New Mutants.
    She "left" them only after proving she was already a proven X-Man.

During that period of the Twelve storyline she left to NOT go to school when the x-men disbanded (perfect time), but to hang out in NYC with Rogue and Nightcrawler and do a shit ton of dancing. just off the top of my head.
    lol how dare she go on a vacation when the X-Men disbanded!!! You can't abandon a team when it doesn't exist anymore.

Lets end this now okay?

In the future Kitty is President. In the future Emma shoots out pig faced Ruby summers.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Emma manipulated her way into the inner circle. It's not like she earned it through determination alone.
    Manipulation and determination aren't mutually exclusive. Emma was determined to get to the inner circle and accomplished that goal using manipulation. Which isn't that shocking considering she's a telepath.

Right now, Emma is at a low point. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

BANNED

Lets end this now okay?

In the future Kitty is President. In the future Emma shoots out pig faced Ruby summers.
    At this point Emma is basically Married to the Mob. If she attempts to leave, she knows that Magneto or Magik will happily kill her.