View Poll Results: Is Emma a Weak Woman?

Voters
96. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • As usual, Katya hits the nail on the head.

47 48.96%
  • How dare u?

49 51.04%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Quote Originally Posted by stevensanders View Post
    I'm wondering what flaws are seen from another vantage-point.
    I thought it was a fine story.
    But there are always going to be angry fans venting ideas about what they thought should of happened or their notions of how a certain character should act.
    I guess I was sort of expecting Kitty to be left in a much more existential, more pensive or introspective place after spending such a protracted period of time isolated in the space bullet..
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

I just think Kitty has grown too much and is too confident to still allow herself to bawl her eyes out and be mothered by Sue Storm. She should be at least over 21 around that time and she was in a much worse state when she became a ghost at age 14, yet she handled it in a much more mature fashion. There were some good notes in the story though like Kitty telling off Reed and the moment with Colossus in the end (and I say that as someone who's not a fan of that relationship).

And Kitty just looked a lot younger than usual in that story. You drew her much older in Gen Hope #12, I think. She looked great in that and that's why you need to draw more of her in WatXM. =)

EDIT: beaten to it by Ingonyama.

BANNED

That's dumb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I just think Kitty has grown too much and is too confident to still allow herself to bawl her eyes out and be mothered by Sue Storm. She should be at least over 21 around that time and she was in a much worse state when she became a ghost at age 14, yet she handled it in a much more mature fashion. There were some good notes in the story though like Kitty telling off Reed and the moment with Colossus in the end (and I say that as someone who's not a fan of that relationship).
    nope. i thought it was fine. kitty was more mature about it the first time her powers started killing her, but faced with the same trauma again would probably be horrifying.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    nope. i thought it was fine. kitty was more mature about it the first time her powers started killing her, but faced with the same trauma again would probably be horrifying.
    i dunno how mature she was about it the first time around. For starters, she had to be talked out of suicide by a 7 year old. Second, She slow danced butt naked with said 7 year old pressed against her crotch as a way of saying "thank you". Colossus detractors always seem to forget that gross little moment in Kitty's history.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    i dunno how mature she was about it the first time around. For starters, she had to be talked out of suicide by a 7 year old. Second, She slow danced butt naked with said 6 year old pressed against her crotch as a way of saying "thank you". Colossus detractors always seem to forget that gross little moment in Kitty's history.
    I was about to mention it. And then before she could continue to make a huge deal out of it, Storm and the X-Men committed suicide on tv.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I was about to mention it. And then before she could continue to make a huge deal out of it, Storm and the X-Men committed suicide on tv.
    yeah! it was like, wtf just happened here? lol. then completely glossed over. I wonder if Franklin still holds a torch for her...
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

BANNED

oh, lol. well i was tossing you guys a bone about kitty but i am fine with that assessment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    yeah! it was like, wtf just happened here? lol. then completely glossed over. I wonder if Franklin still holds a torch for her...
    It's easy to ignore when you're reading a series premised upon Reed Richards refusing to deny that he exposed the FF to radiation on purpose.

Was it stated that Kitty was slowly dying during her post-bullet state? I was under the assumption that she was just unable to become solid again.

the frozen tundra of "not upstate" New York

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    Cyclops was boring as shit until Gillen fixed him.
    He was still boring.
    X-Boards Have Taste V

XPOTM: May 2010

pff, pryde -- teddy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Was it stated that Kitty was slowly dying during her post-bullet state? I was under the assumption that she was just unable to become solid again.
    kitty's powers are dangerous. the longer she stays phased the further her molecules slip apart. this is canon.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You think she bought this at a thrift store?

No but she probably bollowed it from Lady Mastermind's closet I'm so disappointed Emma goes from mocking it to nearly wearing it:

Althought to be fair Emma does have a habit of that:

And Kitty should know when to cut ties with Logan, another idiot. Trying to kill Hope, Secret death squad on the side, now that lawst one is gonna bite the school in da ass eventually. A mans who runs a future where people will be exterminated for thought crimes. Seriously, shes running a school with a guy ho has a horrible track record with children. But she "chooses to see the better part of Logan". So what was the difference with Emma? Just because it was a romantic relationship? Geez, that's like the epitome of morality on these boards, eh?
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-21-2012 at 01:29 PM.