Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Capullo On Joker, The Robins And "Batman" #15

"Batman" artist Greg Capullo speaks about the ongoing "Death Of The Family" crossover, including how he visually tackles the Bat family and the book's upcoming look at Arkham Asylum.

Full article here.

For sake of not getting hyped up anymore, I just looked at the pictures in the article. They're so great looking! Can't wait to see what's going on in them later.

SPOILERS (for the interior art in the article AND Batman Inc # 4)

It seems pretty clear that Jason Todd has more or less been welcomed back into the Bat-family. Glad to see that there's consistency between Morrison and Snyder on this. Of course, Damian seems far from pleased about this, and its interesting to see what Dick's reaction would be (Tim of course seems quiet friendly with Jason).

So with Damian I'm giving him almost hip-hop poses in a couple of things, that gangster attitude in a couple of shots, because that's more in line with his personality.
    wut

Pretty art though.

Damian really is Hit-boy now just make him angrier and angrier
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

BANNED

I wonder who that family in the preview picture is. December 12th is so far away!

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Damian (the sheltered prodigy) is a street thug, Jason has black hair, and Harley is related to Dolly Parton. Sometimes it feels like even the artists are doing everything they can to make sure I don't care anymore.

Then stop caring. Guaranteeing your life won't be effected too much.

He obviously doesn't mean he's making him a legit street thug - pretty sure he just means Damian keeps that mentality, being in a constant fight. I knew when I read that "hip hop pose" thing people were gonna complain here lol. Capullo means that while fighting, he stands in a manner where he tries to come off intimidating - "hip hop poses." Don't read so far into it, he's just saying he's thuggish in his tendencies to wanna fight and kill haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Damian (the sheltered prodigy) is a street thug, Jason has black hair, and Harley is related to Dolly Parton. Sometimes it feels like even the artists are doing everything they can to make sure I don't care anymore.
    Yes because you are the only person that they have in mind when drawing these characters. Screw the rest of the fans its you alone that Capullo has to draw to......

"He's remodeled all of Arkham Asylum so it's going to be Arkham Asylum like you've never seen it before."

Sounds like the first Arkham Asylum game. Could be fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    I wonder who that family in the preview picture is. December 12th is so far away!
    My guess? A single dad with black hair who has a bunch of sons with black hair that the Joker is going to kill just to screw with Batman. He'll probably kill all the kids in front of the father just to show Batman what he's about to go through.