Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rumblers WWE Survivor Series Tournament: "Never Won a World Title" Edition: SIGNUP

About a year ago I ran a wrestling tournament whereby each participant picked 2 teams of 5 wrestlers and we duked it out in tournament style. I seem to remember Beadle winning the inaugural edition with his "Dark Forces" team besting my team whose name I can't remember in the final. Something to do with "Brute Force" if I remember rightly.

This gave us all the opportunity to pick the Hulk Hogans and Undertakers of this world, which consequently resulted in people saying "at his best he was unbeatable" about quite a few of the chosen wrestlers.

Also, that particular tournament had people plucking feats from various organisations (local federations, various wrestling territories, WCW, ECW, TNA, Japan etc), which was a bit of a mess.

However, even with those flaws in mind, it was one of the best and most enjoyable tournaments I have ever ran.

So, I'm going to remove those "flaws" and make it a bit more challenging as well.

Rules
    - Each participant must pick 2 teams of 5 wrestlers for a tournament in which various matches with varying stipulations will occur.
    - Knockout format for the tournament (2 losses and you're out).
    - Wrestlers can only be picked from the WWE (and WWF, as it used to be called).
    - Only feats from the WWE/WWF can be used and taken in to consideration in debates.
    - Because of how the WWE used to be structured, wrestlers and feats from 1980 onwards are the only ones who may be used.
    - Picks will be ONE AT A TIME, in draft format, with a specified time limit between picks. If this results in horrifically slow progress, this may be upped to 2 picks at a time and a tighter time limit between picks.
    - The wrestlers picked must NEVER have won a world title (WWE title, World Heavyweight title, WCW title when it was a part of the WWE, or even ECW title when it was a part of the WWE).

Given these limitations, obviously more than just feats will need to be taken into consideration (due to the fact that, inevitably, some pretty obscure guys will be getting picked if we get a decent number of entrants). Factors such as teamwork and ability to cheat will be taken into consideration more so than if we had competitors like Goldberg and John Cena involved.

N.B. Given that Ryback is the only wrestler who hasn't won a world title who MIGHT win a world title before this tournament ends, he is ineligible for drafting in this tournament.

So, if you would like to signup, please put your name down ASAP. I'm not going to give a time limit, or limit the number of entrants in any way, so I will close signup at my own discretion as and when I feel we have enough entrants.

For the record, I will be entering.

Entrants
    KJ Stewart
    Beadle
    Tusk
    Holacik
    Howard Allan
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 01-01-2013 at 10:45 AM.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Yeah, go on then. ;)

I have a moral obligation to defend my title that I've had in my sig ever since.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, go on then. ;)

I have a moral obligation to defend my title that I've had in my sig ever since.
    Good man

BANNED

That's 3 and I'm hoping for 8.

Anyone else?

BANNED

Could do with some more entrants!

This doesn't require much time like the rumblers league. I think I can give it a go.
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

BANNED

Well, we're halfway there.

Anyone else?

Not certain if a fair noob here could jump in on this. Sounds fun though and eager to try it out if a rather sluggish computer is not an issue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by angnome View Post
    Not certain if a fair noob here could jump in on this. Sounds fun though and eager to try it out if a rather sluggish computer is not an issue?
    More than welcome to join.

The only issue I can potentially see is that, for this type of thing, we do a "draft". Whereby we take turns to pick our team members. When it gets to your turn, you only have a certain amount of time before we skip you.

From then on, once the team is picked, you don't even HAVE to give any more input if you don't want to. It is simply advisable, rather than a necessity, as you would be better off debating/arguing your team's cause in their matches. And you would also be advised to vote on each match, in order to make your voice heard, so to speak (and to, no doubt, vote for yourself, as most of us tend to do!).

As far as I'm concerned, you're in. Just please keep checking back in this thread so you are kept up to date with proceedings (i.e. when the draft starts, when the matches will start, who you're going to be up against etc). I tend to drop direct messages to participants for things like when the draft starts etc.

On that note, we have 5 competitors. Anyone else? I'd like 8.

BANNED

Last bump for entrants before I scrap this idea, for the time being at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by angnome View Post
    Are you still around, incidentally? You seemed to last for a day or so...

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    Are you still around, incidentally? You seemed to last for a day or so...
    On and off things with work related stuff. Nothing major just a lot of business when one is in retail.

BANNED

Gonna revamp this for the new year.

I'll dump the self-proclaimed 'noob', however. Who, as predicted, has disappeared swiftly.

Any new entrants?

BANNED

Nobody?

4 more entrants would be great.