Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    That's Bazinga.. Get it right..

Back to my point, this is more logical if you want to go real world looks.

In the real world no company in there right mind would hire a kid who dresses like he does in a hoodie and jeans to come to work. There is a thing called a Dress Code that most if not all major companies follow. If you want to go all real world.
    Hem....I work in a newspaper and the last thing they care about is the way I dress (granted, I work at the lowest echelon, but so does Clark here). As long as I give articles....
    That and the fact Clark's editor is an old friend of his dad and in a situation where he doesn't have much choice in who he can hire.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Comic book world has always been dealing with "real world logic". Clark didn't wear a 3 suit because it looked cool, he did so because in 1938, it was proper for a working man to do so. Nowadays, not so much (or at least, it depends of the job). Comic books always happened in a world that was similar to ours. Random people talk like us, dress like us, think like us. In the DCU,WWII and 9/11 happened, because superheroes appeared after these two points, and superheroes are the one thing that is different. First rule of comic book: unless told otherwise, things are like in "our" world.
    I mean come on, even Mickey isn't wearing his red pant anymore in his comics, why should Clark wear something completely outdated? There's no logical reason.
    What, brainless nostalgia & fan-entitlement aren't logical enough?

In the real world no company in there right mind would hire a kid who dresses like he does in a hoodie and jeans to come to work. There is a thing called a Dress Code that most if not all major companies follow. If you want to go all real world.
    "No company"?

Heck, DC pr'y doesn't have one. Imagine Clark working for Vice or the LA Times and working that three-piece suit and hat.

He's a low-wrung journalist at a dinky paper. My friend used to cut up hose and wear it as a top. They still let her work at a newspaper then, and now. I'm wearing suits these days just for the lulz, but only make a point to do so when I'm attending a serious event that calls for dressing to the nines.

Naomi Klein dresses like this:

even when being interviewed by Scott Parkin, who's an established journalist and speaker, and goes about like this:

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    "No company"?

Heck, DC pr'y doesn't have one. Imagine Clark working for Vice or the LA Times and working that three-piece suit and hat.

He's a low-wrung journalist at a dinky paper. My friend used to cut up hose and wear it as a top. They still let her work at a newspaper then, and now. I'm wearing suits these days just for the lulz, but only make a point to do so when I'm attending a serious event that calls for dressing to the nines.

Naomi Klein dresses like this:

even when being interviewed by Scott Parkin, who's an established journalist and speaker, and goes about like this:

The Woman looks professional in the way she dresses but Id walk away from this Scott guy if he interviewed me. He looks like he should be out on the fishing boat in the Atlantic. Not very professional.

I see things old school I guess, always have. You need to look professional to be taken seriously in my mind especially when dealing with the public. I work in a corporate environment and need to look like a professional when I come to work. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    What, brainless nostalgia & fan-entitlement aren't logical enough?
    Shouldn't you be watching my little ponies buttercup.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Shouldn't you be watching my little ponies buttercup.
    I'm sure if I think real hard, in time I'll manage to find some kind of point, there.

The Woman looks professional in the way she dresses but Id walk away from this Scott guy if he interviewed me. He looks like he should be out on the fishing boat in the Atlantic. Not very professional.

I see things old school I guess, always have. You need to look professional to be taken seriously in my mind especially when dealing with the public. I work in a corporate environment and need to look like a professional when I come to work. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Thing is, what you like is not the point. You argue Clark wouldn't be tolerated in the way he dress. Hence examples of people doing his job and being tolkerated just fine.
    Another thing: again, from my experience in the field, people are generally to eager to have any kind of media coverage to be nitpicky about the way you dress. Especially when it's about social stuff, which is Clark's speciality and tends to be ignored a bit too much. Hell, once I interviewed a mayor, and I was wearing Clark like clothes. The guy didn't even comment on the way I dress, let alone refuse to answer.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    I'm sure if I think real hard, in time I'll manage to find some kind of point, there.
    Don't do that, Your head may explode like scanners. I'm just bustin your chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Thing is, what you like is not the point. You argue Clark wouldn't be tolerated in the way he dress. Hence examples of people doing his job and being tolkerated just fine.
    Another thing: again, from my experience in the field, people are generally to eager to have any kind of media coverage to be nitpicky about the way you dress. Especially when it's about social stuff, which is Clark's speciality and tends to be ignored a bit too much. Hell, once I interviewed a mayor, and I was wearing Clark like clothes. The guy didn't even comment on the way I dress, let alone refuse to answer.
    Were you wearing glasses. That always worked for Clark.

That's Bazinga.. Get it right..

Back to my point, this is more logical if you want to go real world looks.

People still dress in hoodies and jeans. For every preppy Kohl's off the rack Clark you have, there's just as likely a chance to have a vintage store shopping with a shabby Hot Topic hoodie wearing Clark. We're in a new universe, the old universe's rules and expectations aren't the same.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Were you wearing glasses. That always worked for Clark.
    I did but I also had a beard at the time, so that nullified it.
    I'm a mix between Oliver Queen and this Clark Kent: half douchebag, half nice guy, 100% big mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    People still dress in hoodies and jeans. For every preppy Kohl's off the rack Clark you have, there's just as likely a chance to have a vintage store Clark, with a shabby Hot Topic hoodie wearing Clark. We're in a new universe, the old universe's rules and expectations aren't the same.
    You mean the Hoodie kid complaining he doesn't have a job because he went to college because his parents paid for it and thinks the world owes him everything Occupy Wallstreet type. Yea, we have to many of those people in this world to be glorifying them with the worlds greatest fictional superhero.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 11-21-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by auguste dupin View Post
    i did but i also had a beard at the time, so that nullified it.
    I'm a mix between oliver queen and this clark kent: Half douchebag, half nice guy, 100% big mouth.
    lol. Shave that beard...

You mean the Hoodie kid complaining he doesn't have a job because he went to college because his parents paid for it and thinks the world owes him everything Occupy Wallstreet type. Yea, we have to many of those people in this world to be glorifying them with the worlds greatest superhero.
    I just love when you just reveal you have no idea what you're talking about.

lol. Shave that beard...
    Nah, the general consensus is that I look better with it. As long as I keep it to a decent size.