Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 161
  1. #61
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    How did he look different? There are times he does stay still to talk to the police of all people.The cops have dealt with and talked to Clark Kent because he is a reporter. Your telling me they couldn't put 2 and 2 together. What are we dealing with Gotham City PD? Are his burning red eyes are suppose to make him look any different. I'm sorry but it makes no sense to me. He should have had his suit from day one as it is a vital part of the disguise.
    Congratulations, you just understood what issue many people has with Superman since his creation.
    You are seriously going to tell me that it's believable that the cops (with whom Superman had a much more....."intimate" relationship" with before) not figuring out that Clark is Superman with glasses is believable because he's wearing tights and because he was all Reeve like?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  2. #62
    Mattress Tester T Hedge Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    www.futureearthmagazine.com
    Posts
    10,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    How did he look different? There are times he does stay still to talk to the police of all people.The cops have dealt with and talked to Clark Kent because he is a reporter. Your telling me they couldn't put 2 and 2 together. What are we dealing with Gotham City PD? Are his burning red eyes are suppose to make him look any different. I'm sorry but it makes no sense to me. He should have had his suit from day one as it is a vital part of the disguise.
    Why would they put "two and two together"? I've talked to lot of people in my life and some of them I've talked to probably twice... doesn't mean I connected the two times, especially if the person wore a different style clothes and told me a different name. We don't alway make instant connections. I helped Patrick Swayze move furniture once and people flat out told me his name, I've seen frigging Roadhouse, I should have, under fictional-universe laws put it together or there'd be comedy-cue music behind the scene, but instead, he was just this cool guy helping a friend pack up.

    Anyhow, here's t-shirt Superman:



    and, here is Clark:


  3. #63
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Congratulations, you just understood what issue many people has with Superman since his creation.
    You are seriously going to tell me that it's believable that the cops (with whom Superman had a much more....."intimate" relationship" with before) not figuring out that Clark is Superman with glasses is believable because he's wearing tights and because he was all Reeve like?
    I would say it helps the disguise to have the suit. Sure it's crazy not for them to tell who he is but also Clark is always dressed in a 3 piece suit and has a very different demeanor then Superman does. I mean Reeve pulled it off perfect in that his Clark was so different in all around look. His slouching, His speech, the way he conducted himself. You put Clark Kent in a hoodie and Blue jeans then you put Superman in a T Shirt and Jeans and there is no difference. Only the glasses are there but all the rest is the same. You need that difference.

  4. #64
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I would say it helps the disguise to have the suit. Sure it's crazy not for them to tell who he is but also Clark is always dressed in a 3 piece suit and has a very different demeanor then Superman does. I mean Reeve pulled it off perfect in that his Clark was so different in all around look. His slouching, His speech, the way he conducted himself. You put Clark Kent in a hoodie and Blue jeans then you put Superman in a T Shirt and Jeans and there is no difference. Only the glasses are there but all the rest is the same. You need that difference.
    You don't get it. Superman wears a skin tight t shirt and jeans that shows absolutely everything about his muscles. Clark wears large clothes that hide his musculature, and makes him look skinny.Clark slouches just as much, it's just that instead of trying to look like a mild mannered idiot, he looks like a Star Trek fan. Concerning speaching patterns, Superman has the "bring it" attitude and quiet confidence of a strongman, while Clark is more of the "bratty" type (just compare Superman and Clark talking to the cop Blake. Superman is all "catch me if you can" and "you really should see that doctor of your about your ulcere, detective". Clark is more the "you're patronizing me" kind of guy), and they has obviously different patterns. Just look at the images above. Clark looks like he's 5 years younger than Superman.
    It's the exact same dynamic than before. Superman is the manly guy and Clark the wimp. The only difference is that Superman didn't look like a ballerina.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  5. #65
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    You don't get it. Superman wears a skin tight t shirt and jeans that shows absolutely everything about his muscles. Clark wears large clothes that hide his musculature, and makes him look skinny.Clark slouches just as much, it's just that instead of trying to look like a mild mannered idiot, he looks like a Star Trek fan. Concerning speaching patterns, Superman has the "bring it" attitude and quiet confidence of a strongman, while Clark is more of the "bratty" type (just compare Superman and Clark talking to the cop Blake. Superman is all "catch me if you can" and "you really should see that doctor of your about your ulcere, detective". Clark is more the "you're patronizing me" kind of guy), and they has obviously different patterns. Just look at the images above. Clark looks like he's 5 years younger than Superman.
    It's the exact same dynamic than before. Superman is the manly guy and Clark the wimp. The only difference is that Superman didn't look like a ballerina.
    I sorry the 3 piece suit and mild manner works so much better in my eyes over a brat in a hoodie and jeans. Both are disguises to hide the real man underneath. Clark Kent is a disguise as well when he is around people, it has to be just as much as Superman is.

    What they are doing now is bringing them to close together in both look and feel. What about the speech he just had in the Daily Planet building taking off his glasses for Christ sake and going all Superman on Morgan Edge. Do you not find this as crossing the line and bringing Superman and Clark Kent to close together.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 11-21-2012 at 07:38 AM.

  6. #66
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I sorry the 3 piece suit works so much better in my eyes over a hoodie and jeans. Both are disguises to hide the real man underneath. Clark Kent is a disguise as well when he is around people, it has to be just as much as Superman is.

    What they are doing now is bringing them to close together in both look and feel.
    I'm sorry, but nope. The hoodie is a much of a disguise than the 3 piece suit, it's just a different one. This Clark is much more of a disguise he has been for years, and at least it's a believable one. Different, but not so over the top everyone would notice you on the street. These guys are acting completely differently and no, red trunks don't help in hiding identity. Sorry to break it to you like that, but people don't get disturbed by tights more than once.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  7. #67
    Mattress Tester T Hedge Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    www.futureearthmagazine.com
    Posts
    10,524

    Default

    Can anyone even point to six reporters who dress like that anymore, anyway? The hat, tie, and three piece suit are a cartoon of a journalist anymore. They're a halloween costume.

  8. #68
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Can anyone even point to six reporters who dress like that anymore, anyway? The hat, tie, and three piece suit are a cartoon of a journalist anymore. They're a halloween costume.
    Yes, there's that too. It's totally unbelievable, especially for a Clark Kent that is at the bottom of the newspaper "chain food", to even dress like that, except maybe when he's at his desk (but he doesn't seem to have one......small reporter in a small newspaper......speaking from experience, it's perfectly logical).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  9. #69
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Can anyone even point to six reporters who dress like that anymore, anyway? The hat, tie, and three piece suit are a cartoon of a journalist anymore. They're a halloween costume.
    Were not dealing in real world thinking. These are fictional character who's world should have different dynamics then ours. It would be perfectly logical for a reported to walk around in a suit as much as it is logical to walk around in tights. That is the problem with comic book fans now more then ever. We all need to stop thinking these characters work on real world logic. They are build as escapes from the real world.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 11-21-2012 at 07:53 AM.

  10. #70
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Were not dealing in real world thinking. These are fictional character who's world should have different dynamics then ours. It would be perfectly logical for a reported to walk around in a suit as much as it is logical to walk around in tights. That is the problem with comic book fans now more then ever. We all need to stop thinking these characters work on real world logic.
    Comic book world has always been dealing with "real world logic". Clark didn't wear a 3 suit because it looked cool, he did so because in 1938, it was proper for a working man to do so. Nowadays, not so much (or at least, it depends of the job). Comic books always happened in a world that was similar to ours. Random people talk like us, dress like us, think like us. In the DCU,WWII and 9/11 happened, because superheroes appeared after these two points, and superheroes are the one thing that is different. First rule of comic book: unless told otherwise, things are like in "our" world.
    I mean come on, even Mickey isn't wearing his red pant anymore in his comics, why should Clark wear something completely outdated? There's no logical reason.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  11. #71
    Mattress Tester T Hedge Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    www.futureearthmagazine.com
    Posts
    10,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    We all need to stop thinking these characters work on real world logic. They are build as escapes from the real world.
    You're the one complaining it's unreasonable nobody recognizes him just because he puts on a hoodie and glasses then hunches over.

  12. #72
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    You're the one complaining it's unreasonable nobody recognizes him just because he puts on a hoodie and glasses then hunches over.
    lol. zing.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    You're the one complaining it's unreasonable nobody recognizes him just because he puts on a hoodie and glasses then hunches over.
    I wanted to jump in to say this.

  14. #74
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    lol. zing.

    That's Bazinga.. Get it right..

    Back to my point, this is more logical if you want to go real world looks.



    In the real world no company in there right mind would hire a kid who dresses like he does in a hoodie and jeans to come to work. There is a thing called a Dress Code that most if not all major companies follow. If you want to go all real world.

  15. #75
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I wanted to jump in to say this.
    You're getting slow in your old age...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •