Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Does Action Comics SUCK!!!!?

So as always i was watching these to crazy funny brits comic show.

This dude just started slamming action comics hardcore......

I'm almost tempted to buy just to see how bad it is. The weird thing is it is Grant Morrison so how bad can it be.... lol

It's a bit over the place, it's better than Green Arrow has been. Scott Lobdell's run with Superman seems to be better so far (even if it is 2 issues and an annual)
    Grant Morrison is a tad overrated, the only issue I ended up really liking was the one with Krypto.

Somebody on the Internet posted something provocative to get a rise out of people and increase his hit count a couple hundred points?

Impossible!
    Free your soul and let it fly....

He must really hate Morrison, I wonder what he has to say about All-Star Supes
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Didn't watch the Youtube thingy (15 seconds to read an anti-comics rant is enough effort, 15 minutes not worth the time) but I will say Action Comics has been disappointing to me. I didn't expect it to be as good as All-Star Superman, but I expected something in that vein. A balance between the Silver Age mythical feats of strength and wonder, mixed with the small human moments to ground the character, that he pulled off so well in ASS. Even the art isn't as good as I thought it would be, I love Rags but something just seems off. The whole thing reads like something Grant Morrison is writing on the side while he's busy doing more important things. Like he's throwing a bunch of ideas out, and not really caring if they land. I won't say it sucks, but it's certainly not as good as it obviously could be with the talent involved. By rights it should be the flagship title that everyone talks about, but that seems to be Batman at the moment.
    A Fool for the Foom

I have to disagree with everything they said on that show:

To me it's a relief from the terrible Superman stuff they were putting out post Geoff Johns run(Grounded, New Krypton arc, etc). This also was a better combination of various Superman in a Superman origin(Golden Age, Silver Age, Superman TAS, etc) than Superman:Secret Origin(just like Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve Superman movie with silver age, and other comic/TV show Superman elements melded in) or Superman:Earth One(I liked it and felt some people exaggerated the horrible/twilight parts of it but it wasn't one of the better Superman origins but far from the worst). To me Morrison did more with New 52 Superman then other writers did(however to be fair they were trying to make Morrison Superman the basis of their Superman until Lobdell and wasn't told everything about what Morrison was doing). So even though this isn't as good as All Star Superman. It still a good Superman/New 52 read.
    Last edited by Ironman2978; 11-15-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Just a load made to get a rise out of people and attract more hits. Nuff said.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 11-15-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Just a load made to get a rise out of people and attract more hits. Nuff said.
    This. You nailed on the head.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

I dropped it, so for me: yeah it wasnt a good read.... but Id probably not list it as sucking as liking or disliking a book is more a personal choice. Might not be sucky for anyone else.

but this belongs on the superman forum, so im moving it

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2978 View Post
    This. You nailed on the head.
    Maybe your right about these guys. But to be honest i have watched there show for a while and this is the first time i have seen the guy take someone down. To be honest from the responses here it seems like most people didn't actually like it anyway!!!!

Also just replying to the guy that said its 15 minutes about him ranting how lame AC was. It isn't. But then you would have to WATCH to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff-Said! View Post
    Maybe your right about these guys. But to be honest i have watched there show for a while and this is the first time i have seen the guy take someone down. To be honest from the responses here it seems like most people didn't actually like it anyway!!!!

Also just replying to the guy that said its 15 minutes about him ranting how lame AC was. It isn't. But then you would have to WATCH to find out!
    well.well there are plenty of forums talking about Morrison Action Comics run if you want a better view on what people think of it because most posts/reviews(not those of IGN or USA Today but more blogs) have given the run more positive reviews/seem to really like the book.

There is a mixed bag on message boards, but that comes with the territory. The same thing happened in the past with the previous relaunches. But if theses guys haven't read Morrison's work, then that's more on them than on Morrison.

I've seen too much of those kind of stuffs. It's about people not liking superman anymore, not that book is so bad. Batman books sucked in a lot of ways, but people accepted that and not being so harsh, why? Batman has the upper hand in those modern days, wtf can I say.

Quote Originally Posted by AndItsOn! View Post
    I've seen too much of those kind of stuffs. It's about people not liking superman anymore, not that book is so bad. Batman books sucked in a lot of ways, but people accepted that and not being so harsh, why? Batman has the upper hand in those modern days, wtf can I say.
    What your saying makes a lot of sense. Maybe Superman just isn't relevant anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff-Said! View Post
    What your saying makes a lot of sense. Maybe Superman just isn't relevant anymore!
    No, it's not that Superman isn't relevant anymore, it's that most people are total idiots with no taste. End of discussion. G'day.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.