Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Tom Hardy is a great actor. Love that guy. But he embodies more of the street, the raw animalistic qualities of man.
    Bond is on the other side as a character. Pomp, posh, proper, sophisticated, stylish.

I would love to see Hardy in a Bond film as an anti-Bond type. Dude plays crazy well. Walking wounded. Emotionally scarred. villains too.

But all this is premature. Craig has signed on for the next 2 films (which are reportedly one story split into 2 movies, so may do a Hobbit/Harry Potter/LOTR type shoot and get it all in one)

By the time those role around: Elba, Fass, Hardy, etc will be a few years older and a new list of candidates will enter the conversation.
    Agree totally on who will be best fit in a few years age wise, and thinking outside the box I'll toss Matt Smith's name out there first. A few years seasoning and a grown up hair cut and he might have what it takes.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I do think the actor needs to be British. I was going to say that James Bond is probably the second most important British figure in movies behind Sherlock Holmes and could you imagine the outrage if they didn't cast an Englishman as Sherlock.... durrrrrrrr
    It's a tough one; since at the end of the day it's acting. I remember getting frustated with the fans who DEMANDED that Captain America be played by an America; and that any non-American would be offensive. It think being British helps "get" the character (the same way being British makes the humour of Noel Coward easier to deliver on stage). But the actor could be non-British. Cate Blanchett made an amazing Elizabeth I. Renee Zellweger perfectly captured a classic English Rose as Bridget Jones. It can be done.

Tom Hardy is a great actor. Love that guy. But he embodies more of the street, the raw animalistic qualities of man.
    Bond is on the other side as a character. Pomp, posh, proper, sophisticated, stylish.
    I would love to see Hardy in a Bond film as an anti-Bond type. Dude plays crazy well. Walking wounded. Emotionally scarred. villains too.
    I would support Hardy as a villain... but what a REALLY want is a female villain. I don't mean femme fatale sidekick; I mean MAIN villain. I don't think we've ever had a main villain be female... closest we got was Elektra King; and you could argue Reynard was the main villain (hence why he had the final showdown, long after she was dead).

Tilda Swinton would be top of my list!

But all this is premature. Craig has signed on for the next 2 films (which are reportedly one story split into 2 movies, so may do a Hobbit/Harry Potter/LOTR type shoot and get it all in one)
    By the time those role around: Elba, Fass, Hardy, etc will be a few years older and a new list of candidates will enter the conversation.
    Exactly. Let's wait until Craig has only one film left before we try and have another actor jump in his grave.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Agree totally on who will be best fit in a few years age wise, and thinking outside the box I'll toss Matt Smith's name out there first. A few years seasoning and a grown up hair cut and he might have what it takes.
    Hmmmmm... I would rather Martin Freeman, but soon he will be too famous (SO EXCITED for [I]the Hobbit [/I](2012)). Cillian Murphy would make a cool Bond... and an even more AWESOME side-kick villain.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Cillian Murphy... awesome choice

Cillian Murphy... awesome choice
    IF Christopher Nolan is hired as director... maybe Cillian Murphy will pop-up as a villain. Nolan likes reusing his casts...

In the crazy cool hypothetical chance that Nolan does take over.
    What a cool list of regular collaborators to choose from. Talk about potential villains...Cillian Murphy! Gary Oldman! Morgan Freeman! Hardy! Liam "Set of Skills" Neeson! Christian Bale! Ken Watanabe! JGL! Michael freakin' Caine!

That would rock.

I said this before in a different thread I believe. Here's how I think a Chris Nolan Bond movie would go, cast wise.

Bond = Christian Bale
    M = Michael Caine
    Q = Cillian Murphy
    Bad Guy = Tom Hardy
    Obligatory American Bond buddy = JGL
    Moneypenny = Marion Cotillard

The only hiccup in this cast is whether or not Bale would want to tie himself down to another franchise after moving on past Batman
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

The only thing I can think of, having opened this thread up this morning is:

"Bait? Taken."
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    The only thing I can think of, having opened this thread up this morning is:

"Bait? Taken."
    Heh, pretty much.

This was originally posted in the Minorities thread on Comm, btw.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Heh, pretty much.

This was originally posted in the Minorities thread on Comm, btw.
    That makes a bit more sense, really.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Exactly. Let's wait until Craig has only one film left before we try and have another actor jump in his grave.
    Yeah, a lot can (and will) happen before they decide where they're going with the third movie from now, which will be a solid 4 to 6 years down the road. It's certainly interesting speculation, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Cant wait for the racist reactions..if the studio holds firm .
    Have there actually been any racist reactions? I don't think race matters since all the different Bonds we've seen..they aren't all supposed to be the same dude right?(I thought maybe a few who were played by diff actors were intended to be the same, but not every single one) With that in mind I don't see why Bond couldn't be black or asian or spanish, etc.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Im not sure Nolan is interested IMO...he just spent the better part of a decade doing Batman, kind of figured he wants to go back to doing his own stuff
    Support your local roller derby league

In the crazy cool hypothetical chance that Nolan does take over.
    What a cool list of regular collaborators to choose from. Talk about potential villains...Cillian Murphy! Gary Oldman! Morgan Freeman! Hardy! Liam "Set of Skills" Neeson! Christian Bale! Ken Watanabe! JGL! Michael freakin' Caine!
    That would rock.
    SOLD!!! What a brilliant Bond villain he could be!

Nolan would ruin Bond.

I would rather see Martin Campbell direct another entry.

Neveldine/Taylor would be an interesting choice.