Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 699.1

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    I'm a Morbius fan and i can't wait for #1 in january and hopefully it get's move to the Marvel thread cause the spidey fan are giving bad mojo to this series and makes other comic fans not want to buy it. Anyway this was a good issiue it help get the ball rowlling for Mikes story.
    This issue will not... but Morbius #1 will be in the marvel board.

ASM #699.1 is a spider-man labeled title, so it stays here.

What about the Alpha mini series then?

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lazyav4 View Post
    What about the Alpha mini series then?
    my guess is that goes here as well due to its spider-man spawned tie-in-ness.

I'm not a Morbius fan, so what Marvel is doing with the .1 is working on me. I will pick it up to see how they set up the new Morbius ongoing, but had it just been a Morbius #0 or one shot, I'd probably skip it. I'm s sucker that way I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Geardaddy View Post
    I'm not a Morbius fan, so what Marvel is doing with the .1 is working on me. I will pick it up to see how they set up the new Morbius ongoing, but had it just been a Morbius #0 or one shot, I'd probably skip it. I'm s sucker that way I guess...
    Well, their strategy worked at least once, then.

Personally, I don't see why some people seem down-right mad at Marvel for this tactic. I mean, it's a Morbius ongoing! How else are they going to get hype for the series very few people wanted in the first place. I mean, yeah, I wanted it, but I didn't thin they'd be this serious...

Good issue! Keatinge is going to be fine on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    This issue will not... but Morbius #1 will be in the marvel board.

ASM #699.1 is a spider-man labeled title, so it stays here.
    That's good, since mostlikely he be facing spidey and non-spidey characters plus new one.

This was quite emotional to be honest.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Will definately pick this up. Was always a morbius fan. Collected his somewhat iffy Midknight Sons series, even if every other story did continue in a different midnight sons series back then (Thank god Marvels grown out of doing big event crossovers like that every few months ).

Honestly though, my favourie Marvel titles atm are Gambit, Venom and Scarlet Spider.. if I'd told you a few years back that ANY of those three would be in my top I would have laughed at you, so I'm willing to give anything a go at the moment.
    Make your own Marvel and X-Men Models
    Now updated with Cyclops and Jean Grey in classic Jim Lee 1990s Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    This was quite emotional to be honest.
    What I liked about it was that it was emotional, but it, mostly, wasn't overblown. Morbius's mother's fear was understandable, and his own actions become much more reasonable when you see just how sick he was.

If there's one thing I ask of Keatinge, it's that he resists any urge from himself, and keep Micheal's father a normal horrible father. Don't give us a reason he wasn't there other than that he's just a horrible person.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

It just seems so secondary to what's going on in ASM right now. I realize it's a .1 issue, but still.

I thought the first half was interesting and then it became a very run of the mill Morbius story.

They really missed the boat by not showing how Morbius and Max Modell met each other, at least a panel or two would've sufficed.

And you're telling me he just walked out the door of the Raft? Did I miss something?

Not a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    It just seems so secondary to what's going on in ASM right now. I realize it's a .1 issue, but still.

I thought the first half was interesting and then it became a very run of the mill Morbius story.

They really missed the boat by not showing how Morbius and Max Modell met each other, at least a panel or two would've sufficed.

And you're telling me he just walked out the door of the Raft? Did I miss something?

Not a great issue.
    From what Keatinge has posted so far, it would appear that we'll be seeing more flash-backs, so we could still see how Morbius met Max.

And he didn't walk out the front door...he got out from a hole in the fence...

In all honesty, I think it's common knowledge that the Raft isn't that much more secure than a normal prison.