Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Your 2012 Classic Comics Goals

What are your goals for your comic reading,collecting,buying for 2012?

First and am looking to read the runs that I haven't yet Firestorm v1, Hawkworld, Annihilation, and my couple of trades.

Complete runs of Quasar, Back Issue, Alter Ego, Captain Atom v1, Birds of Prey, Legion of Super-Heroes (1989), Ms. Tree, Elementals

Thin out the collection some. Books I dont want because there taking up space or maybe I didnt care for them but someone else might.

My comics-related goal for 2012 is to finish indexing the pre-Crisis runs of Action, Batman, Detective, Flash, Fury of Firestorm, Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes (both titles), New Adventures of Superboy, New Teen Titans (second series), Supergirl, Superman and Wonder Woman. Since I've completed them all up through the December '83 issues, this should be eminently doable.

Cei-U!
    I roll up my sleeves!
    Last edited by Cei-U!; 01-08-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

I'm gonna try to start reading comics on a more regular basis again (possibly starting with the second series of L&R). Also to pick up older stuff when I can find it cheap.

I haven't "collected" comics for years--lost the need to search for and buy issue 34 of something just so I could slide it between 33 and 35 in a longbox. (rarely buy original art anymore either because I was just sticking it in the portfolio).

Also would like to thin out a lot of my 70s-80s stuff on eBay or other venues.
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

I would love to finish my Boy Comics run, as I am down to just 7 issues. But finding those 7 for affordable prices is going to be a trick. If I can get them all for under a grand total it will be a miracle.

I'd love to start getting some original art, but it has to be both affordable and fit my aesthetics, which is an iffy proposition.

I'm hoping to buy a house soon, so I guess my biggest goal is to do that and put together a comic room to house my stuff.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

same as last year, stop buying so many

i think i failed this resolution in 2011..

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    I haven't "collected" comics for years--lost the need to search for and buy issue 34 of something just so I could slide it between 33 and 35 in a longbox. (rarely buy original art anymore either because I was just sticking it in the portfolio).

Also would like to thin out a lot of my 70s-80s stuff on eBay or other venues.
    I dont really collect either but I do want complete runs of a book if I enjoy the series.

What kind of 70s-80s stuff do you have? Ebay lots for 80s stuff have been great for me..

I'm trying to work hard on my "favorite" lists. Read through 5 runs of Spidey in the last several months, and hope to read through another 30 in the coming months and end up with a solid ranking, both of runs and of stories.

I've also made a draft of my 50 favorite comic sags. I'd like to read through those and see how much I still agree.

And then several runs I've completed but haven't read. Including Ostrander's Firestorm.

Also to continue working my way through Marvel's Conan in trade.

And classic Batmans collected in Batman Chronicles. Beyond that, I hope to read and reread a lot of Batman comics. I'd like as good a sense of his comics as I have of Spidey or X-Men.
    formerly coke & comics

Sleepwalker is Sandman done right. ~Tadhg

1. Finish my Silver Age Marvel chronological reading (1961-1972--my last issue being Stan Lee's last Spider-Man). I'm currently on a break mid-way through 1965 (and it's really getting good, as we all know)

2. Start reading issues #1-200 of 2000 A.D. that I got my hands on not long ago. Browsing through some of the issues, much of the art is gorgeous.

3. Finally read all of the Mobieus graphic novels by Marvel/Epic including the Blueberry graphic novels that I also fortuitously acquired recently.

4. READ MORE IN GENERAL!

5. Explore, learn and read more about alternative/independent comics in general. Those worth reading, of course.

6. Finally finish ALL of Jack Kirby's Fourth World comics, in order (have read parts here and there over the years)

7. Read my collection of Superman comics from Byrne's relauch until his return after "The Death of Superman" in the early 90's.

8. Read my complete collection of Jim Aparo Brave and the Bold issues.

9. Read my complete collection of Batman/Detective from Frank Miller's revamp till the end of the Grant/Breyfogle run.

10. READ MORE IN GENERAL! X2
    Last edited by Brannon; 01-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

1. More sketches in my sketchbook; starting up another one shortly...

2. Finish off some of the short-lived DC Silver Age runs from the 60s

3. Find more Rand Holmes comics (including the Georgia Straights magazines)

4. More Corben purchases
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Vary my reading enough that I don't burn out on what I'm reading.

Other than that...no goals. The get in the way of the relaxation and enjoyment.

My goal is similar, but perhaps more expansive, to MDG's... read Love and Rockets, new... and old stuff I still haven't gotten to.

And of course plug away at my Kirby collection... moving back in time toward 1964 presently.

BANNED

My goal is to finally get my hands on Alan Moore's Marvelman, #1-16 to start, then maybe Gaiman's run after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    My goal is to finally get my hands on Alan Moore's Marvelman, #1-16 to start, then maybe Gaiman's run after.

If you haven't read those yet, you're in for a real treat.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

• Increase my stash of 10c cover books, both Golden-Age and Silver-Age.
    • Own at least 87% of the first 100 issues of Amazing Spidey.
    • Start my new Batman niche, every Joker related book starting with the bronze-age and then silver-age.
    • It's a bumper year for comic-book movies. My dealer and I have already amassed about 400 HCs and TPBs to unlease on the local masses. We did well with the last Spidey movie, so this year should be no different.
    • and oh yeah, I'm gonna be a mom this year...my Archie legacy will be passed on....yay!!
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Wonder Woman (v. 1) #288-329. At reasonable prices, of course.

Otherwise I'd like to actually trim down my collection, or at least stop buying so much stuff that I'll never catch up with actually reading it...