Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBR in Xanth

Senior Member HollowKyubi Espada's Avatar

Default CBR in Xanth

All of CBR's members have been dropped into Xanth with only 72 hours to say goodbye and get ready for the jump, however you are allowed to gain one power but you are not allowed; reality warping, or time control. You can have teleporting but it is limited to Xanth. You can also cheat the system and choose something that has a wide range of abilities such as the Sharingan/Rinnegan/Devil Fruit power etc. You have also been de-aged to the age of 16 with Heero Yuy level stats.

We are dropped in during the time in between Heaven Sent and Man from Mundania.

How do you cope in this new realm, what power do you choose, and what did you bring with you? How does the influx of so many people affect Xanth?
    Last edited by HollowKyubi Espada; 11-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowKyubi Espada View Post
    All of CBR's members have been dropped into Xanth with only 72 hours to say goodbye and get ready for the jump, however you are allowed to gain one power but you are not allowed; reality warping, or time control. You can have teleporting but it is limited to Xanth. You can also cheat the system and choose something that has a wide range of abilities such as the Sharingan/Rinnegan/Devil Fruit power etc. You have also been de-aged to the age of 16 with Heero Yuy level stats.

How do you cope in this new realm, what power do you choose, and what did you bring with you? How does the influx of so many people affect Xanth?
    I'd be driven to suicide within minutes due to all the cheap puns.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowKyubi Espada View Post

Physics Control for me. Time to get creative with the laws of motion,energy,and matter.

I'll choose Speed-Force Access, and being a huge fan of Puns, Riffs, and the novels I'd fit in well enough to flourish without powers.

As for how it handles a ton of super-powered CBR members it depends on what powers are chosen and how many go Evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    Same here.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I choose the power of being immune to Piers Anthony's sex fantasies.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Between that and the creepiness, I flee back to Mundania.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Well, concidering my already Superior Combat Magic, I'll go with Nobody's first power, which was originally conceved of as a Xanth Talent. "The Ability to summon an exact replica of anything innanimate, real or imagined, and disappear same."

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Between that and the creepiness, I flee back to Mundania.
    Yeah, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll just say there are some troubling overtones in several of his later books (Incarnations of immortality focusing on God, Firefly) that would give me serious reservations about Piers babysitting my kids.

So in keeping with the theme my power would be "The Amber Alert" where when I felt a minor was in danger of violating the Adult Conspiricy Corwin* would appear to whisk them off to safety.

*While checking the spelling of his name I discovered there is figure skater name "Amber Corwin" in real life, how about that.

Yeah, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll just there are some troubling overtones in several his later books (Incarnations of immortality focusing on God, Firefly) that would give me serious reservations about Piers babysitting my kids.
    Saw enough of that in Xanth, but Bio of a Space Tyrant and Incarnations of Immortality gave me hives.

So in keeping with the theme my power would be "The Amber Alert" when when I felt a minor was in danger of violating the Adult Conspiricy Corwin* would appear to whisk them off to safety.
    I like it. :)

*While checking the spelling of his name I discovered there is figure skater name "Amber Corwin" in real life, how about that.
    *heads off to google*

Yeah, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll just say there are some troubling overtones in several of his later books (Incarnations of immortality focusing on God, Firefly) that would give me serious reservations about Piers babysitting my kids.
    Really? I quit reading the Xanth books somewhere around Question Quest. Did Xanth get THAT much more crazy after that?

EDIT: WIkipedia says Demons Don't Dream came after that, so that one was the last one I really read as a series.

Veteran Member

I choose an un-erring sense of direction. Now, to the nearest bar.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    I choose an un-erring sense of direction. Now, to the nearest bar.
    Just remember that all the drinks are puns, and all of them do terrible things to you based on those puns. You can't trust the food in Xanth either. Any given thing you eat or drink could hurt you, turn you into a rapist, transmute you, mess up your memory, trap you on another plane of existence, or any number of other things. Some of these things are served at any given social gathering. Honestly, I'm surprised there wasn't dancing in the streets when Xanth lost its magic.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

What? The Pie trees never hurt...

Oh wait, they stopped a Goblin invasion that one time...

Ummmm...
    Yeah.

Also avoid Pinapples and cherries.

But wait... When did anyone serve any of the dangerous stuff at a party?

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I choose the power of being immune to Piers Anthony's sex fantasies.
    There is no power great enough.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.