Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Reformed Supervillains. Sandman is only evil again, due to Wizard's I.D. machine, a highly stupidly forced move of character regression, I say.
    Turning Sandman bad again was always a bad move. Such an idiotic way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm curious about why you guys think about the current direction for Roderick Kingsley...
    (?)
    Mr. Gage said The Blaze (from Web of Spider-Man -~sic~ he was actually from Spectacular). was among the "franchised" villains, the thing is, Blaze was not originally a villain, but a guy some nerds brought up to prove they're smarter than your average (dumb) spandex crimefighter, in this case, Spidey, but then The Foreigner took that character and gave it to some small time crook to run some evil doing - Foreigner later killed said crook to blame Spidey-. In later stories, we see that The Foreigner was in the franchising supervillains business 20+ years ago...

So this time it feels like... been there... done that...

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Mr. Gage said The Blaze (from Web of Spider-Man -~sic~ he was actually from Spectacular). was among the "franchised" villains, the thing is, Blaze was not originally a villain, but a guy some nerds brought up to prove they're smarter than your average (dumb) spandex crimefighter, in this case, Spidey, but then The Foreigner took that character and gave it to some small time crook to run some evil doing - Foreigner later killed said crook to blame Spidey-. In later stories, we see that The Foreigner was in the franchising supervillains business 20+ years ago...

Only, that was some tacky, sleazy dealing nobody cared about. Roderick is doing this on a big, international scale with end goals much, much loftier than "Blame Spider-Man". Plus, that is typical Kingsley for you- he takes defunct or failed villain M.O.s, identities, and schemes and revamps them in a totally cool and lucrative manner. All while playing puppet-master in the shadows without having to get his own hands dirty most of the time. Which is why he has slowly and surely become my favorite out of Spidey's villains. Probably my No.1 comic book villain ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post

Quite true. But then there is one difference. Foreigner kept his little group as a group all centered in New York. Kingsley has his brand around various corners of the world were there aren't that man heroes so they spread like a fire down there. He really is building himself up as a big crime lord that way.
    Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!

I guess I am in the minority here in that I really didn't love this reveal. I think I was so delighted to see Roddy (the one true Hobby!) return that I was expecting/hoping him to dispatch PhilGoblin quickly and reclaim his rightful place. But.....then I realized many of the posters here make good points: that this is the next natural step for Roddy and it doesn't mean he and Spidey won't be duking it out in the future so I guess it makes sense. FOr the record, I don't hate PhilGoblin; it's more that I just missed classic Hobby.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Just who were the villains on the final page?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I guess I am in the minority here in that I really didn't love this reveal. I think I was so delighted to see Roddy (the one true Hobby!) return that I was expecting/hoping him to dispatch PhilGoblin quickly and reclaim his rightful place. But.....then I realized many of the posters here make good points: that this is the next natural step for Roddy and it doesn't mean he and Spidey won't be duking it out in the future south I guess it makes sense. FOr the reeon't hate PhilGoblin; it's more that I just missed classic Hobby.
    I don't know if i like the idea of Roddy being Roddy in different outfits. I perfer him as the original Hobgoblin. First Norman gives up being goblin, now Roddy.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 11-28-2012 at 02:15 PM.

I love it.I was worried about Kingsley returning and his role after defeating Phil,but Slott handled this well.We can keep Phil as Hobgoblin and being the new version of Mackendale and keep Roddy in a semi-retired position as the head of a new supervillain business.The great charm of Hobgoblin's character is that he always get away an in a good position,enjoying the spoils of his machinations.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

I like his new direction. Making Phil his bitch also. Cool movement from Slott.

I like it. Good foreshadowing for future story lines.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    I don't know if i like the idea of Roddy being Roddy in different outfits. I perfer him as the original Hobgoblin. First Norman gives up being goblin, now Roddy.
    Well he still is. He's just right now gaining a huge profit and empire as a bonus. All the while having an agent within the Kingpin's organization. In effect he's doing what the Hood should have done. Send super-villain business to places ripe for the taking and build-up from there. Then work his way into the major markets like he's done in New York with Phil.
    Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!

Does anyone remember which issue that revealed that Roddy was alive, and that Daniel was the one Phil killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Does anyone remember which issue that revealed that Roddy was alive, and that Daniel was the one Phil killed?
    It's the epilogue at the end of "No Turning Back", but I can't recall the issue number off the top of my head.

Great. Thanks. I think I bought the whole "No turning back", so I'll check that out. :-)

I found his interaction with phil hilarious.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”