Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Come on, Wiccan? Even I want to kill him and I'm a pacifist.
    Lol so much hate for Wiccan

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    In AvX he killed people who were simply in the way of him stealing a space-ship
    I forgot all about that

But you could argue that the Black Panther did not need to kill those Skrulls. Regardless, I think we can all say Spider-Man wins the no-killing argument.

BANNED

So you'll provide scans of this scene in order to back up this claim?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    But you could argue that the Black Panther did not need to kill those Skrulls. Regardless, I think we can all say Spider-Man wins the no-killing argument.
    I don't think this is an argument about who wins he "no-killing" trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    No superhero wins the no killing argument.It just makes certain heroes look stupid any time somebody views innocent person who will never kill anybody and person who is a mass murder in the same light it is big problem. All life is not equal you give up your innocent card when you decide to do evil acts meaning it is active choice to do evil and you lose rights to preserve your life at all cost that innocents have by not doing anything wrong.

It is silly for Spiderman to have a moral dilemma whether to kill villain and save innocent life,In "real life" it is not even question Police will shoot to make sure they live and innocent live.I am fine with Spiderman and Superman types going out of their way to make sure they are never in that dilemma but when they are in situation where they have no choice their is no dilemma.Saving innocent lives is the most important thing heroes do and i am disagree with anybody who thinks Carnage,Sabertooth,Red Skull lives are same as regular person.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    So you'll provide scans of this scene in order to back up this claim?
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

They were AIM agents in a base that the Avengers had in their plan to eliminate. They must be greatful that Wolvie save them a lot of work. And also in the same place with him was a certain mutant "Messiah" that was killing much more with her big guns.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    When has Wolverine killed someone who isn't an immediate threat?
    In UXF #9 Logan killed a remorseful old ex nazi who lived with his family in Sud America

http://popfilosofico.blogspot.it/201...anto-vale.html

60 years ago he was a nazi, but in the last 60 years he wasn't a threat to anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing15 View Post
    In UXF #9 Logan killed a remorseful old ex nazi who lived with his family in Sud America

http://popfilosofico.blogspot.it/201...anto-vale.html

60 years ago he was a nazi, but in the last 60 years he wasn't a threat to anybody
    He was a nazi that do some terrible things in the past and to Magneto especially (he was that ask Logan doing this, the same "holy" Magneto that he is adored as now one of the "revolutionaries"). So justice is done only with a bit of delay.

keeping in the spirt of the thread

I will look for more later

Quote Originally Posted by darkclaw11 View Post
    He was a nazi that do some terrible things in the past and to Magneto especially (he was that ask Logan doing this, the same "holy" Magneto that he is adored as now one of the "revolutionaries"). So justice is done only with a bit of delay.
    I really hate nazis, and this guy surely did horrible things, but I'm not sure justice served in secret and so late against a guy who will never repeat the same crimes means a lot . However he clearly wasn't an immediate threat.

Thanks for those posting about Wolverine -- part of the problem with trying not to read books about him is I can't really point to all the places where he kills people (and of course they all tend to be no-name characters -- which makes them harder to remember -- because with the exception of Avengers Arena, Marvel generally only kills off one "named" character per event).

Obviously killing is a polarizing topic -- look at the debate about capital punishment, after all. Personally, I like my Avengers not to intentionally kill, because that's what they did when I grew up reading them. To me, that's one of the things that makes Wolverine such a horrible fit (though there are certainly others). Cap killed without issue under Brubaker, but back in the day with Gruenwald, it was a big deal when he killed someone.

P.S. I know this thread started because the OP doesn't like me complaining about Wolverine, but man, do I ever prefer this argument to the one about diversity.
    Last edited by motteditor; 11-15-2012 at 07:44 AM.

There is a difference in killing in the line of duty as a solider/spy and killing as a freelancer.

One guy is James Bond the other is Paul Kersey from the Death Wish movies.

Clearly the Avengers have a problem with the latter variety of killing. That is even Canon.
    If Cap or Bucky fatally take down a terrorist, that isn't cause for explusion from the Avengers.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, nobody has denied that guys like Cap and Thor have killed.

There is a difference between Thor offing a Troll he's fighting in Asgard and Logan offing mooks as a freelancer on Earth.