Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    [/B]

I was confused by this as well, especially since it seemed like her life force was being drained along with everyone elses. Maybe the boon bestows a particular life force or energy that requires its host to be 'empty'?

Man I suck at speculating about comics.
    I still maintain it has something to do with his ability. Either all harbingers are immune, or his connection to the Akashic record, or Ivar was somehow protecting him.

As far as Mary-Maria? No clue. Obie said he just wanted to save her, maybe Ivar had something to do with that as well.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Yes, he did, though not as blantly obvious it was inferred.
    Well, damn. I'm working on a comic with a character that has a very similar thing...now people are going to say I bit it off of Armstrong lol (really I bit it off of Shaman )
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Well, damn. I'm working on a comic with a character that has a very similar thing...now people are going to say I bit it off of Armstrong lol (really I bit it off of Shaman )
    That's actually a pretty old trope (no offense meant). I remember Corsair having a bottomless pocket where he kept his sword, and chaykin's Devil Slayer had a cape he could pull weapons from. I'm sure there are more examples, too.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

That's actually a pretty old trope (no offense meant). I remember Corsair having a bottomless pocket where he kept his sword, and chaykin's Devil Slayer had a cape he could pull weapons from. I'm sure there are more examples, too.
    No doubt. Mine is almost identical to Armstrong's, though. Shoulder strap satchel and all that. Ah well, too late to change it now (plus I know realistically that any audience I find with my book will be small as heck anyway...most probably won't be Archer & Armstrong readers lol).
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    I re-read this issue again last night and this is what I took away from it again. The real question in my mind is why Archer was immune to the Boon's life-stealing power, and why Mary Maria was the recipient of that life force.
    I think it was because of Archer's desire to save her that Mary-Maria survived. The machine was kind of just going and he was the only one who stood up and said what he wanted it to do. Everyone else was just panicking. He probably wasn't affected because he's a Harbinger, which would also explain how the Anni Padda could use it effectively as well.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    I think it was because of Archer's desire to save her that Mary-Maria survived. The machine was kind of just going and he was the only one who stood up and said what he wanted it to do. Everyone else was just panicking. He probably wasn't affected because he's a Harbinger, which would also explain how the Anni Padda could use it effectively as well.
    nvm...I just re-read the first issue again lol.
    Last edited by TsaiMeLemoni; 11-17-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Well, again, we know Ivar had a Harbinger ability in the original version (to open time portals). Armstrong was always extra strong, even compared to his brothers, to the point of bullets bouncing off of him. I don't think it was ever confirmed or even planned as a Harbinger power, though. But if they follow the same concepts this time around, it would make sense with all the Boon questions.

I wonder what Gilad's Harbinger ability could be if he has one...? Some kind of strategy ability, super strength, or even something akin to Archer's photographic reflexes would make sense.

The other option is that all three are not "immortal" in the same way. Ivar has been moving through time, which may also place him outside of it and prevent him from aging. Gilad was dead when the Boon was activated, so perhaps he simply can't die now (as in if he dies he is resurrected). The Geomancer did call him the man the Earth will not let die. Meanwhile, Aram is filled with the millions of life forces the Boon drained and thus ages very slowly and is able to heal from any wounds.

Just thinking out loud...or in writing, I guess.

Another quality Valiant issue. I was looking forward to AA the least pre-launch but now 4 issues in, it might be the best title of them all. For the whole Valiant line in general, I couldnt have wished for a better relaunch.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

Well, again, we know Ivar had a Harbinger ability in the original version (to open time portals). Armstrong was always extra strong, even compared to his brothers, to the point of bullets bouncing off of him. I don't think it was ever confirmed or even planned as a Harbinger power, though. But if they follow the same concepts this time around, it would make sense with all the Boon questions.

I wonder what Gilad's Harbinger ability could be if he has one...? Some kind of strategy ability, super strength, or even something akin to Archer's photographic reflexes would make sense.

The other option is that all three are not "immortal" in the same way. Ivar has been moving through time, which may also place him outside of it and prevent him from aging. Gilad was dead when the Boon was activated, so perhaps he simply can't die now (as in if he dies he is resurrected). The Geomancer did call him the man the Earth will not let die. Meanwhile, Aram is filled with the millions of life forces the Boon drained and thus ages very slowly and is able to heal from any wounds.

Just thinking out loud...or in writing, I guess.
    That sounds like a pretty good guess. I suppose we'll start finding out... in a month... dammit, I want it now!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.