Default Bloodshot #5 Discussion and SPOILERS

Damn good issue. This book has really hit a nice stride with this #5. I was genuinely disappointed when I turned to the last page and it was over. I want more now!

While I had some doubts about CHAINSAW from the promo art, they were pretty cool and I am looking forward to seeing more of them. And the Nanites are turning into an interesting character in their own right. Loved how they snuck into the base.

Also, anyone get a Bleeding Monk vibe when Bloodshot was floating in dreamland? More fodder for the Bloodshot/Rai/Bleeding Monk connection.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Yes another great issue. Nanites are a real hoot. I dropped Harbinger, any connection to that series?

Right now this is my second favorite Valiant series behind X-O Manowar.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratelion View Post
    Yes another great issue. Nanites are a real hoot. I dropped Harbinger, any connection to that series?

I love Harbinger. The two are probably the closest connected with PRS hunting Harbingers and collecting Harbinger kids like Pulse. They have been mentioned twice in Harby, but just small Easter eggs for now.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Fantastic issue, this series gains momentum with every issue.

I definetly got the Bloodshot/Bleeding Monk/Rai vibe, whats happening here?!

I have a feeling this whole Harada/Bleeding Monk/PRS connection goes way back, if Bloodshot was built by PRS did the Bleeding Monk have something to do with it? PRS stated these nanites evolved in a living subject, what if that subject was the Bleeding Monk?

From what we heard about Harbinger zero Harada hooks up with the Monk in Tibet during a Chinese invasion after WW2. Now what if Simon Oreck (who we really know almost nothing about) somehow became aware of Harada and Harbingers and started up PRS to "protect humanity". We have already seen that he kidnaps and exploits psiots, what if he got his hands on the monk and that's how the "Goldies" were developed- in the Monk's body!

With Bloodshot storming PRS, the Bleeding Monk walking away at the end of Harby #5 and Harby #0 on the way , I'm sure much is about to be revealed and some how this is all heading to Rai, what ever that ends up being.

Nanites...Psiots...HARD Corps??

I can't wait to see where this going!
    Last edited by Hawkeyeps; 11-14-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    Fantastic issue, this series gains momentum with every issue.

I definetly got the Bloodshot/Bleeding Monk/Rai vibe, whats happening here?!

I have a feeling this whole Harada/Bleeding Monk/PRS connection goes way back, if Bloodshot was built by PRS did the Bleeding Monk have something to do with it? PRS stated these nanites evoved in a living subject, what if that subject was the Bleeding Monk?

From what we heard about Harbinger zero Harada hooks up with the Monk in Tibet during a Chinese invasion after WW2. Now what if Simon Oreck (who we really know almost nothing about) somehow became aware of Harada and Harbingers and started up PRS to "protect humanity". We have already seen that he kidnaps and exploits psiots, what if he got his hands on the monk and that's how the "Goldies" were developed- in the Monk's body!

With Bloodshot storming PRS, the Bleeding Monk walking away at the end of Harby #5 and Harby #0 on the way , I'm sure much is about to be revealed and some how this is all heading to Rai, what ever that ends up being.

Nanites...Psiots...HARD Corps??

I can't wait to see where this going!
    Nice theories! From what Josh Dysart recently said at the Long Beach Comic Con though, was that the Bleeding Monk was fully capable of leaving Harada at any time during his stay. He also suggested that the Bleeding Monk was kind of a "bad monk," suggesting he might not be Buddhist and is definitely a major player in the new Valiant, we just don't know who's side he's on yet. Also, Dinesh and Josh both got really evasive when Elveen from Only the Valiant was asking him about the circle-shaped wound on the Bleeding Monk. Personally, I'm wondering if either a) the Bleeding Monk is Iwata from VH1, or; b) the Bleeding Monk is the 1st Rai.

Either way, I can't wait to find out!
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Piratelion View Post

Out of curiosity, why'd you drop Harbinger?

I'd probably rank Harbinger the highest, followed by X-O, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot and Shadowman.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    Nice theories! From what Josh Dysart recently said at the Long Beach Comic Con though, was that the Bleeding Monk was fully capable of leaving Harada at any time during his stay. He also suggested that the Bleeding Monk was kind of a "bad monk," suggesting he might not be Buddhist and is definitely a major player in the new Valiant, we just don't know who's side he's on yet. Also, Dinesh and Josh both got really evasive when Elveen from Only the Valiant was asking him about the circle-shaped wound on the Bleeding Monk. Personally, I'm wondering if either a) the Bleeding Monk is Iwata from VH1, or; b) the Bleeding Monk is the 1st Rai.

Either way, I can't wait to find out!
    And what if this whole sh!t storm between Bloodshot and PRS leads the government to abandon PRS once it's revealed as corrupt. With the knowledge from PRS with regards to nanotech and psiot ability they could go on to create a new relatively altrustic team of normal humans who are acomplished soldiers, police, fire fighters, emts and the like to recieve random psiot abilities by brodcast from a central command via the nanotech.

Not to be a Gunslinger, just sayin'

This was another really good issue, though I had a "bwuh?" moment when Kuretich was there all of a sudden. I guess Bloodshot tracked him down in the day skipped last issue, but it still felt a tad klunky. All the character work was great. Gamma is scarier than Chainsaw! They do seem to have our hero good and cornered, too, so it'll be interesting t see how he gets out of it. Likely he'll play them against eachother, but I'm looking forward to it.

And I also hadn't picked up on the Bleeding Monk connection. That's potentially fascinating. Then again, I also thought that the red was just a color, like Kara did, so I suppose that's why my mind didn't go there. I really can't wait to see where Valian heads next... it's all so cool!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

I had not thought about connecting into Bleeding Monk either.

Will there be any side affect from Bloodshot "sharing" the nanites as a means of infiltrating PRS? I'm so blanking on the woman's name right now.

I can understand if someone tried Harbinger and dropped it before issue #4. I feel it took that long to get interesting. I had comitted to buying the first arc of each new Valiant title regardless out of curiosity if not loyalty to the 90's material.
    X-O is still my favorite title with Bloodshot a close second. I have a feeling #3 in my ranking, A&A, is going to give a good push with arc two having Gilead and the new Geomancer!!

Seeing how things have been going from a quality perspective(good). I'm really lamenting that we'll not know how Turok would've been written into this VALIANT. Of the Gold Key's he's my favorite.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had not thought about connecting into Bleeding Monk either.

Will there be any side affect from Bloodshot "sharing" the nanites as a means of infiltrating PRS? I'm so blanking on the woman's name right now.

I can understand if someone tried Harbinger and dropped it before issue #4. I feel it took that long to get interesting. I had comitted to buying the first arc of each new Valiant title regardless out of curiosity if not loyalty to the 90's material.
    X-O is still my favorite title with Bloodshot a close second. I have a feeling #3 in my ranking, A&A, is going to give a good push with arc two having Gilead and the new Geomancer!!

Seeing how things have been going from a quality perspective(good). I'm really lamenting that we'll not know how Turok would've been written into this VALIANT. Of the Gold Key's he's my favorite.
    It's funny, because I was thinking today if XO wasn't VALIANT, I probably would have dropped it after issue 4. Being the fan I am I was giving it a longer leash, and good thing because the last two issues have been very good. Meanwhile I loved Harbinger from the beginning. Only the art had to grow on me, which it had by issue 3, just to be a shambles in issue 5. I am looking forward to the new artist for the coming arc. I hate to rerank every month but I'd put Harby #1, A&A #2, Shadowman and Bloodshot #3 and XO #4...at least until next Wednesday.

But back to Bloodshot...there was a VH1 character called Death Angel who gained BSs abilities from a blood transfusion. If all the Nanites didn't "escape" in the blood spatter, then there are some possibilities for a similar circumstance.

And if you want to know what may have been done with the Gold Key characters, check out the recent Dark Horse takes. Rumor is those we're the concepts Shooter was developing for VEI when he bolted to Dark Horse and took his Gold Key connections (and eventually the licensing) with him. Supposedly that set the VALIANT relaunch back 2 years.
    Last edited by BugsySig; 11-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.

I purchased every one of the Gold Key/Valiant titles a few years ago from Dark Horse. It confirmed for me that while I like Magnus and Solar...I don't love them. The first Solar arc was good then it went downhill fast for arc two. Magnus, I confess, I bought out of a sense of loyalty and wanted to back it if only to ensure the line looked good enough to keep going. Turok I loved each issue.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I purchased every one of the Gold Key/Valiant titles a few years ago from Dark Horse. It confirmed for me that while I like Magnus and Solar...I don't love them. The first Solar arc was good then it went downhill fast for arc two. Magnus, I confess, I bought out of a sense of loyalty and wanted to back it if only to ensure the line looked good enough to keep going. Turok I loved each issue.
    Yeah Turok was the best of the GoldKey relaunch, would still like to see a new jungle character be introduced in VU3.
    I think that Bloodshot's 3rd arc would lead into Rai.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

This issue was probably my least favorite of the Bloodshot issues so far, but it was still somewhat enjoyable. I'm telling ya', as each issue passes by I begin to like Pulse (Melissa) more and more, she's become one of my favorite supporting characters and I look forward to seeing more and more of her in each issue. Also, the scene where Kara has to pee but wasn't allowed to was pretty funny, I don't think the guy was a perv and was into watching more so than he's a jerk and didn't care. Also, Bloodshot infiltrating the base was cool, it set up issue #6 nicely.