Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Again, despite the stick he gets Dillons Punisher was great. Full of action and cool, darkly humourous storytelling.

Frank "cold" cocking a Polar Bear

Frank knocking some teeth in.

Classic JRJR Punisher

Last edited by Candid Rook; 11-18-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Leandro Fernandez's aged take on the character is very cool and unique. I loved "The Slavers".

Quote Originally Posted by Candid Rook View Post
    Again, despite the stick he gets Dillons Punisher was great. Full of action and cool, darkly humourous storytelling.

Frank "cold" cocking a Polar Bear

Frank knocking some teeth in.

Classic JRJR Punisher

I like Dillon's Punisher work more than most but it always feels disappointing to flip past a badass Bradstreet cover and get that cartoony art.

I know im in the minority here but I liked Tony Moore on the Frankencastle run Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punisher11second.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	104437

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

The minority, yeah, but I'm with you. Everyone else seems to really just go with Zeck and MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Junior drew him raw, gritty, a big ugly Italian mook with back hair. Also, he always draws the teeth-as-cartridge belt. And I love that, it makes the costume seem semi-functional.
    Me too, although I don't think I was very happy with Dark Reign so points off.

LEWIS LAROSA

Larosa definitely drew a mean ass Punisher.

One of the few guys on MAX who drew him looking like a 50something year old.

I give Mike Zeck props for his awesome work in late 80s but here are my fav Punisher artists:

Leandro Fernandez

Lewis Larosa

Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    I know im in the minority here but I liked Tony Moore on the Frankencastle run Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punisher11second.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	104437
    I agree with you. I think Tony Moores art on the Frankencastle version of Frank was great. I also think his art is amazing for normal Frank as well. Check it out:

I also totally agree about Lewis Larosa. Great stuff

Also throwing in the "70's Horror" style art that Dan Brereton brought to Frank. Think his art is superb.

For me it's Leandro Fernandez, Goran Parlov and Steve Dillon. Go on, guess my favourite Punisher writer.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Mike Zeck. I wish that Marvel would allow him to work on 3-5 issues of the Punisher once a year as a story arc. They wasted so much time in not using him dating back to 1987. I am sure that he'd be open to the idea of working on a few issues of the Punisher for Marvel on a yearly basis. Mini-Story arcs would work best for Mike Zeck. If they has seen it that way, he would have completed well over 100 issues of the Punisher by now beginning in 1987. And this would have allowed to retain a steady following with his artwork illustrations til this day.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    For me it's Leandro Fernandez, Goran Parlov and Steve Dillon. Go on, guess my favourite Punisher writer.
    Which type of Steve Dillon Punisher comics do you mean here? I enjoyed Dillon art style because it fit Ennis Marvel Knight Punishers humor but he was a bad fit for Max Punisher with Jason Aaron. Goran Parlov is also cartooney style of different sorts liek Steve Dillon but his Punisher looks old,big and nice fit for Max Punisher comics.

I dig Dillon but his Punisher doesnt look like what Ennis wrote like in Max Punisher Fernandez and co.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Which type of Steve Dillon Punisher comics do you mean here? I enjoyed Dillon art style because it fit Ennis Marvel Knight Punishers humor but he was a bad fit for Max Punisher with Jason Aaron. Goran Parlov is also cartooney style of different sorts liek Steve Dillon but his Punisher looks old,big and nice fit for Max Punisher comics.

I dig Dillon but his Punisher doesnt look like what Ennis wrote like in Max Punisher Fernandez and co.
    I would agree that Dillon was not the best pick for a Punisher MAX artist and he is more suited to Marvel Knights but I think he really came into his own on the "Home" arc of Aaron's run. I noticed a gear change with his art in that arc. Maybe its the fact that it mostly stayed away from the over the top slapstick violence of the previous 2 arcs. He certainly has flaws but as a storytelling artist he is great. He has a talent for a great range of emotional expression through the one face type he does draw.

Totally agree about Parlov. Love Goran Parlov's simplistic, energetic cartoon style. The guy is a perfect artist for war comics and he is knocking the ball out of the park with Fury MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Candid Rook View Post
    I would agree that Dillon was not the best pick for a Punisher MAX artist and he is more suited to Marvel Knights but I think he really came into his own on the "Home" arc of Aaron's run. I noticed a gear change with his art in that arc. Maybe its the fact that it mostly stayed away from the over the top slapstick violence of the previous 2 arcs. He certainly has flaws but as a storytelling artist he is great. He has a talent for a great range of emotional expression through the one face type he does draw.

Totally agree about Parlov. Love Goran Parlov's simplistic, energetic cartoon style. The guy is a perfect artist for war comics and he is knocking the ball out of the park with Fury MAX.
    Aaron fake copy of Ennis Marvel Knights is the reason i dropped and didnt enjoy Max Pun series of recent times. It had nothing to do with Dillon even if he isnt a good fit.

I cant wait for Parlov work in Fury Max i have ordered the first trade. Im glad its him and not another cartoony style artist.
    Pull List:

Must admit Parlov is still a fav

As is :

Mr Fernandez !
    Last edited by JET ACE LOGAN; 11-18-2012 at 11:19 AM.