View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #18?

Voters
43. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! An awesome conclusion!

    2 4.65%
  • Good. A solid finish to the event.

    8 18.60%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

    10 23.26%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

    17 39.53%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

    6 13.95%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85
  1. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    I've tried really hard to like Humphrie's run on this so far and have really enjoyed the odd moments.

    He seems like a great guy who's enthusiastic about The Ultimates and has some good ideas, but this just plain sucked!!

    As a UK resident who can barely muster enough patriotism for his own country in it's current state, let alone someone elses, this whole we're Americans and we're so damn cool thread was a tough pill to swallow at best. Add to that Humphrie's god awful dialogue that sounds like a cheesy Saturday morning cartoon and I just couldn't take this book seriously. I kept hoping Humphrie's was being ironic and there was going to be an awesome twist coming. Guess not!!

    Thank god Brian Wood is killing it over on X-Men or I would be seriously depressed right now!!
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Ultimate Comics: X-Men is currently also very good and even better than UC: Spider-Man.

    Only UC: Ultimates is the one who is lacking.
    I gave that 6-7 issues and thought it was crap. A couple of lame teen age mutants on the run. Didn't find it very intriguing. Maybe now that Brian Wood has taken over it's better.

  3. #48
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    I gave that 6-7 issues and thought it was crap. A couple of lame teen age mutants on the run. Didn't find it very intriguing. Maybe now that Brian Wood has taken over it's better.
    Trust me it is.

  4. #49
    Senior Member Chaos_Alfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    I gave that 6-7 issues and thought it was crap. A couple of lame teen age mutants on the run. Didn't find it very intriguing. Maybe now that Brian Wood has taken over it's better.
    Yeah, thay's the thing, it became a must read under Wood.

    You could check out some previews to get a impression about it.

    Here is the one of issue 18.1, which should also be a good jumping on point, because it is a point one issue.
    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...d=4654&page=19

  5. #50
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    I gave that 6-7 issues and thought it was crap. A couple of lame teen age mutants on the run. Didn't find it very intriguing. Maybe now that Brian Wood has taken over it's better.
    I too dropped this title after 7 issues of Spencer's run, but Brian Wood has convinced me to revisit it.

  6. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,707

    Default

    If they want a good villain they should bring back Ultimate Loki, especially now his 616 counterpart is reduced to a 12 year old. And they need more than just 3 regular members of Ultimates.

  7. #52
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    If they want a good villain they should bring back Ultimate Loki, especially now his 616 counterpart is reduced to a 12 year old. And they need more than just 3 regular members of Ultimates.
    Honestly, they need to bring in new rogues. Loki was the villain in Ultimates 2 and New Ultimates; also Ultimate Thor, but that makes sense. And Modi was turned into a new version of Loki. So between 6 big arcs of Ultimates (1, 2, 3, New, 1-12, 13-18), three of them featured an Asgardian as the big bad. Give us AIM or the Masters of the Universe or the Leader or something. Or introduce a classic Avenger - let's say Wonder Man - as a bad guy. Do something NEW!

    I'd even be fine with them bringing back Ultron or Doom or Red Skull or someone. Anything but Asgard at this point. Thanos seems like a big possibility, now that the Gems are in play, but I'd much rather see someone new.

    Edit: HOW DID I FORGET KANG!?!? DO KANG!!!!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  8. #53
    Senior Member Chaos_Alfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Honestly, they need to bring in new rogues. Loki was the villain in Ultimates 2 and New Ultimates; also Ultimate Thor, but that makes sense. And Modi was turned into a new version of Loki. So between 6 big arcs of Ultimates (1, 2, 3, New, 1-12, 13-18), three of them featured an Asgardian as the big bad. Give us AIM or the Masters of the Universe or the Leader or something. Or introduce a classic Avenger - let's say Wonder Man - as a bad guy. Do something NEW!

    I'd even be fine with them bringing back Ultron or Doom or Red Skull or someone. Anything but Asgard at this point. Thanos seems like a big possibility, now that the Gems are in play, but I'd much rather see someone new.

    Edit: HOW DID I FORGET KANG!?!? DO KANG!!!!
    It looked liked Gregory Stark was going to be Kang or related to him somehow, but Millar changed his plans

  9. #54
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Thanos seems like a big possibility, now that the Gems are in play
    Not to mention Avengers 2, which is supposed to feature him, and Marvel predictably makes the UU follow suit with the movies, at least where the characters are concerned (ie: Thor movie comes out and we get an Ultimate Thor mini, Captain America movie comes out and we get an Ultimate Cap mini, Iron Man 3 comes out and we get an Ultimate Iron Man Mini... Spider-Man's 50th anniversary rolls around and we get Miles Morales PLUS him meeting Peter Parker, along with the Amazing Spider-Man movie...) So if I HAD to make a guess, Thanos will be in the Ultimates book at some point one way or another by the time Avengers 2 hits theaters.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Honestly, they need to bring in new rogues. Loki was the villain in Ultimates 2 and New Ultimates; also Ultimate Thor, but that makes sense. And Modi was turned into a new version of Loki. So between 6 big arcs of Ultimates (1, 2, 3, New, 1-12, 13-18), three of them featured an Asgardian as the big bad. Give us AIM or the Masters of the Universe or the Leader or something. Or introduce a classic Avenger - let's say Wonder Man - as a bad guy. Do something NEW!

    I'd even be fine with them bringing back Ultron or Doom or Red Skull or someone. Anything but Asgard at this point. Thanos seems like a big possibility, now that the Gems are in play, but I'd much rather see someone new.

    Edit: HOW DID I FORGET KANG!?!? DO KANG!!!!
    I think Reed is Ultimate Kang, also Doom and Skull is gone.
    For new villians I could see Mangog, Purple Man, Malekith, The Corporation, Flag Smasher, Count Nefaria

  11. #56
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Not to mention Avengers 2, which is supposed to feature him, and Marvel predictably makes the UU follow suit with the movies, at least where the characters are concerned (ie: Thor movie comes out and we get an Ultimate Thor mini, Captain America movie comes out and we get an Ultimate Cap mini, Iron Man 3 comes out and we get an Ultimate Iron Man Mini... Spider-Man's 50th anniversary rolls around and we get Miles Morales PLUS him meeting Peter Parker, along with the Amazing Spider-Man movie...) So if I HAD to make a guess, Thanos will be in the Ultimates book at some point one way or another by the time Avengers 2 hits theaters.
    My assumption is that we're going to get Ultimate Guardians of the Galaxy. They've got a movie coming out as well (sooner than Avengers 2). Thanos will almost definitely come into play at some point due to his role in Avengers 2; he might even be in the GotG movie. The Gems being brought in only make that even more likely.

    I just hope we get a freaking FF book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think Reed is Ultimate Kang, also Doom and Skull is gone.
    For new villians I could see Mangog, Purple Man, Malekith, The Corporation, Flag Smasher, Count Nefaria
    Yeah, Count Nefaria was another one I was thinking. Sure, an argument could be made for Reed being Kang, but the same thing was being said about Gregory Stark while Avengers was coming out. I want a real, true Kang the Conquerer. He doesn't have to look or act the same; it's the Ultimate Universe, do something new. Hell, it could even be Reed from the future or something.

    I know Doom and Skull or gone, that's why I said bring them back. Doom's absence and death is widely debated, and it wouldn't be super tough to bring Skull back. Or they could feature him in flashbacks and bring in Sin and Crossbones for present day stuff.

    My point is, there are plenty of options. There's no need to go back to Asgard again. Though we should figure out what the hell is up with Thor, as Humphries seems to have forgotten about that.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

    Yeah, Count Nefaria was another one I was thinking. Sure, an argument could be made for Reed being Kang, but the same thing was being said about Gregory Stark while Avengers was coming out. I want a real, true Kang the Conquerer. He doesn't have to look or act the same; it's the Ultimate Universe, do something new. Hell, it could even be Reed from the future or something.

    I know Doom and Skull or gone, that's why I said bring them back. Doom's absence and death is widely debated, and it wouldn't be super tough to bring Skull back. Or they could feature him in flashbacks and bring in Sin and Crossbones for present day stuff.

    My point is, there are plenty of options. There's no need to go back to Asgard again. Though we should figure out what the hell is up with Thor, as Humphries seems to have forgotten about that.
    Or SHIELD could clone Reed (lol)

    I think Sin and Crossbones could be the Team Rocket (Pokemon reference sorry) of HYDRA always messing with Ultimates

    Actually I think with most Asgardians dead there is lots of story to be told theres demons who were banished who want revenge, trolls, giants, ogres who want to take over Asgard's land, Allies who want revenge on Reed.

  13. #58
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I just hope we get a freaking FF book.

  14. #59
    Junior Member Fizicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'd even be fine with them bringing back Ultron or Doom or Red Skull or someone.
    Oh now we're talking!

    But anyway, I absolutely agree- no more Loki, not until a long time later! He's had a lot of game time in the UU...give him a decent period of rest.

    Doing Ultron again would be good, since it was recklessly squandered in Ultimates 3.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

  15. #60
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    I thought Ben Grimm was Wonder Man, now.

    To be fair, Wonder Man is an awful, awful name.

    As for Kang, I don't like time travel stories except for Back To The Future. All other time travel stories bore me to tears, and I strongly believe that past and future are nothing more than mere human concepts, and that there is only the present. If you're struggling to come up with ideas for Ultimate villains, there shouldn't be any difficulty. There's a whole host of villains from 616 to take inspiration from and I have ton of ideas. I'll post my Villains I Want Ultimatized ver.3 in about a week.

    The Optimist
    My Top 3 Favourite Things About Humphries' Run So Far.
    1. The Covers - Seriously! They're top-notch. The artwork on the covers of The Ultimates #13-18 have been sensational!
    2. Iron Man's Uni-Beam (chest beam) in The Ultimates #15.
    3. Uh... I can't seem to come up with anything at the moment. I might edit this later if I think of something.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •