View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #18?

Voters
43. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! An awesome conclusion!

2 4.65%
  • Good. A solid finish to the event.

8 18.60%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

10 23.26%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

17 39.53%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

6 13.95%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My thoughts

-Thank God this is over,Humphries is not a bad writer but clearly he had no interest in Hickman plotlines,In comic books you like when other writer finish other person stories but you have at least show interest in trying to tell that story,Hickman left some awesome storylines which were capable carrying the high quality of Ultimate line torch but between him rushing to close his run to do another book and Hump wrap things as quickly as possible( I guess to do his run and his stories).All of great stuff got wasted,I am happy the story got finish i wish the writer was excited about telling it though

-Like said in above post It is too early to judge humphries he was not telling his stories yet,He might not have been the best choice go right after Hickman because he clearly wants to his own take on things.With that said the slate is now clean lets see how does from now

-Ultimates is too big to held in one book any more, War Machine,Falcon,Spiderwoman,Susan Storm,The world is filled with great characters i fine with the writer focus on cap,iron man and Thor if there is another book to expand on the other characters.

-Modi was biggest waste of potential in ultimate universe history,The ultimate line had character with potential to replace Thor in UU,Instead they made him a bad loki ripoff,when they could have just used Loki.The story would have probably went up if it was Loki or even Loki controlling Modi.

-Where did Ultimate cassie come from?

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Here's a bit of an inconsistnancy between issues. Anybody notice that Miles mysteriously vanished from the battlefield between issues? He was right there in the last issue yet appeared in none of the group shots in this issue despite everyone else from the team being there.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

The thought of the Ultimate Universe getting canceled nearly gave me a heart attack.

Also - did anyone else notice that Falcon was holding an American flag while going into battle? I just can't take this seriously anymore. Two issues in a row with someone holding a flag to enter combat.

It's like Humphries is searching for an "A doesn't stand for France" moment, but he's missing the mark by a mile. Using the American flag can be great symbolism, but not like this. I'd much rather see cap raise a tattered American flag in victory than use a pristine one to announce his entrance (and take up his hands while getting ready to fight). In fact, Ultimates 2 already used a flag for a much more powerful image:

I've always said that New Ultimates is like a poor man's Ultimates 2, but this is even worse; it's like a child's Ultimates 2. And that's not to say Humphries is a childish writer, but it feels like it's a dumbed down version of nearly the same thing. If Ultimates 2 is Coke, then New Ultimates is Diet Sprite, and United We Stand is store brand cola. This is easily the worst Ultimates arc since Ultimates 3 (though it's still better than that by a decent margin).
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

But Sprite tastes nicer than Coke. And New Ultimates is IMO the worst book in all of the UU. The Ultimates 3 was better than New Ultimates. Humphies' run so far has (of course) been a lot better than any of Loeb's books but has still been really bad.

The Ultimates 2 - Sprite (One of the nicest fizzy drinks around. I don't like many sodas except for lemonade, and Sprite and Schweppes are my two favourites).
    The Ultimates 3 - Cheap store-brand cola.
    New Ultimates - Orange squash. (I don't like orange squash. To me it tastes a tiny bit like sick).
    Humphries' Ultimates - Blackcurrent squash (It's a lot nicer than Orange Squash and I personally prefer it to cheap store brand cola).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    Man ...

... those Hickman penned Avengers books better be absolutely mindblowing to justify basically killing The Ultimates. I have no reason to think this book will even be worth reading for free, and that's about as bad as it gets. Sorry, Humphries. Nothing personal.
    Seconded.

Done with this book now.

Are all the villians (Reed, Modi) going to be like this, so much potential but ends very quickly and is kinda dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

whos the guy with the hammer and sickel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    whos the guy with the hammer and sickel?
    I can't tell if you're serious or not... But in case you truly don't know, he's the awesomeness known as PERUN, the Soviet Thor

All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I can't tell if you're serious or not... But in case you truly don't know, he's the awesomeness known as PERUN, the Soviet Thor

I was serious it looked weird to me that the American Flag is messed up and behind it is a guy with a hammer and sickel cheering

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arth-1610).jpg
    And don't forget who was killed off horribly anticlimactically in Avengers 3 (what's with the UU and getting 3s so wrong anyway?)
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

I just skimmed the comments. So glad I dropped this series around issue 14 or 15.
    Does anyone else remember when the Ultimates - even the Ultimate universe - were THE comics to read? Now they all pretty much suck except for a few moments of brilliance in Ultimate Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    I just skimmed the comments. So glad I dropped this series around issue 14 or 15.
    Does anyone else remember when the Ultimates - even the Ultimate universe - were THE comics to read? Now they all pretty much suck except for a few moments of brilliance in Ultimate Spidey
    Ultimate Comics: X-Men is currently also very good and even better than UC: Spider-Man.

Only UC: Ultimates is the one who is lacking.

Man, what an anti-climactic ending. There was a lot of interesting build up with this civil war and it ended with Cap just smashing the gem thing, not satisfying at all.

I didn't get to my LCS yesterday, so I peeked at the CBR preview of this issue...and promptly called my LCS to drop this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Here's a bit of an inconsistnancy between issues. Anybody notice that Miles mysteriously vanished from the battlefield between issues? He was right there in the last issue yet appeared in none of the group shots in this issue despite everyone else from the team being there.
    I believe this gets explained in next weeks issue of USM. It looks like Miles gets stranded out in the middle of nowhere, and must continue to be the case in the issue after that based on the cover of Miles struggling through the desert
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF