Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I am starting to think someone is going to be thrown off of a bridge next issue. Maybe Doctor Octopus, dressed as Gwen?
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    She'd just ask him for one last interview before he tosses her.
    *starts strangling Hubbs*
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

And I don't think Norman is really much of a potential Superior Spider-Man. Sure, he ran around as Iron Patriot, but he wasn't trying to disguise himself as Iron Man.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

And I don't think Norman is really much of a potential Superior Spider-Man. Sure, he ran around as Iron Patriot, but he wasn't trying to disguise himself as Iron Man.
    Well, that was before he had brain damage.

Heh.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    *starts strangling Hubbs*
    Can I -- HRK! URK! -- quote you on that?

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I am starting to think someone is going to be thrown off of a bridge next issue. Maybe Doctor Octopus, dressed as Gwen?
    A de-powered Peter gets thrown off the bridge, for role reversal.

Yeah, but Norman also doesn't have an unhealthy fixation on Iron Man, either. Remember these scenes from Dark Avengers #11?

Still, the other thing is that if Harry does hear about his dad's escape and Peter and Spidey's disappearance, that could bring him back to New York and be forced to take over as the new Spider-Man, whether he wants to or not. Either way, I think there's now a very strong possibility that the new Superior Spider-Man is going to be an Osborn.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I'm hoping this does lead to goblin shenanigans in 698-700 but I got a sad feeling the hospital scene was just foreshadowing for future stuff.

Would be nice if Norman came out of the coma remembering the secret identity, told Doc Ock and then snuck off to enact some secrety shadow stuff. I always preferred him and Venom being the two big villains that knew.

Though I understand why they don't anymore, kind of hard to keep that up and not have everybody Peter knows or loves not constantly on the verge of dying a horrible painful death.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Nah...definitely NOT Norman Osborn.

Phil sure turned out to be even more of a bastard than we thought, so no redemption for him anytime soon!

John Jameson still seems like a good candidate, except he hasn't shown up in a while.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Nah...definitely NOT Norman Osborn.

Phil sure turned out to be even more of a bastard than we thought, so no redemption for him anytime soon!

John Jameson still seems like a good candidate, except he hasn't shown up in a while.
    Well, John Jameson has been around during "Big Time" and was last seen in that one story in which Spidey and Human Torch rescued him from space.

But yeah, just the mere fact that Harry Osborn, after being gone for approx. 50 issues, just so happens to return right on the eve of a story in which is supposedly going to be Peter's "last time" as Spider-Man definitely seems more than a bit coincidental, doesn't it?

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, but Norman also doesn't have an unhealthy fixation on Iron Man, either. Remember these scenes from Dark Avengers #11?

Still, the other thing is that if Harry does hear about his dad's escape and Peter and Spidey's disappearance, that could bring him back to New York and be forced to take over as the new Spider-Man, whether he wants to or not. Either way, I think there's now a very strong possibility that the new Superior Spider-Man is going to be an Osborn.
    Wasn't that just Molecule Man screwing with his head? If Norman wants to be Spider-Man, putting him in the costume is the wrong way to go about showing him his innermost fears or trying to scare him.

-Theophilus

Wasn't that just Molecule Man screwing with his head? If Norman wants to be Spider-Man, putting him in the costume is the wrong way to go about showing him his innermost fears or trying to scare him.
    Yeah, it was a hallucination brought about my the Molecule Man. But it does emphasize just how extensive Osborn's obsession with Spider-Man if he, on some level, identifies himself with Spider-Man. Heck, given the results of his coma, his dissociative identity disorder, and his Super-Adaptoid powers, I don't think it's much of a stretch that "Spider-Man" is now one of his personalities alongside the "Green Goblin."

I'm glad to see Norman is back in Spidey's world. You can tell Slott had something planned for him with all the Goblin Gang stuff, but Bendis overruled that with ANOTHER Dark Avengers retread he just had to do again, for whatever reason. Well, now we got Norman back, and I can't wait to see what he does next. It's a big anniversary issue, I have a feeling lots of Spidey's rogues will be involved.

And if he's Superior Spider-Man, that would be the funniest shit ever. ESPECIALLY if he's making out with Mary-Jane. Peter's old girlfriends can't help but fall for this guy.

A couple of questions:

- Why was Norman being kept in a public hospital?
    - How did Norman get out of the hospital? Did he have a goblin glider stationed somewhere outside the window or something? Did someone abduct him while he was in the coma?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Shut down all the bridges in new york and hide your blondes, gentlemen.

But this is why Peter should date Carol Danvers. Norman tries to throw Carol off a bridge, so Carol throws Norman into orbit.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison