Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 756
  1. #571
    Pure Hellcatnip Lady_Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Over Here
    Posts
    15,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    New Avengers has a Black Man as the leader on a team where it makes sense not to female around.
    Oh, hell no.

    Well, I guess that kinda reveals what sort of person you are, and why any discussion with you, at all, is utterly pointless.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

  2. #572
    Senior Member Luck911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Oh, hell no.

    Well, I guess that kinda reveals what sort of person you are, and why any discussion with you, at all, is utterly pointless.
    What is the first three letter of assume,That is what happens when you do that.When was the last time you have seen a female construction worker or female special ops,Is it fair to say that male nurse is uncommon or way less common than female nurse.If you where create a team of best nurses or best construction workers you will most like end with all of the same gender.It is like that at Marvel with female leaders .

    I never said that female couldn't not be on the team,It makes more sense for team to be all males because of the qualifications of people on the team,Based on the female who are in Marvel and their status the make up of New Avengers makes sense.No apology for the truth nor does say i am sexist for speaking the obvious no female at marvel is really on level of males on the new avengers . A female on New Avengers right now would be forced,Just like a male on the Fearless Defenders would be forced.Should a female join the New Avengers at some point? Yes but they need to put in the proper work to build up the character to level of the males putting female character on New Avengers would do any character they put more harm than good.With out a extreme push in the book female character would be push to background because Iron Man,Reed Richards,Black Panther,Dr Strange,Captain America,Namor are bigger names,even Black Bolt and Beast is going to suffer from this some.


    You shown what type of person you are and why have discussion with you is utterly pointless because you have jump to random conclusions.
    Last edited by Luck911; 11-20-2012 at 10:22 AM.

  3. #573
    Pure Hellcatnip Lady_Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Over Here
    Posts
    15,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    What is the first three letter of assume,That is what happens when you do that.When was the last time you have seen a female construction worker or female special ops,Is it fair to say that male nurse is uncommon or way less common than female nurse.If you where create a team of best nurses or best construction workers you will most like end with all of the same gender.It is like that at Marvel with female leaders .

    I never said that female couldn't not be on the team,It makes more sense for team to be all males because of the qualifications of people on the team.You shown what type of person you are and why have discussion with you is utterly pointless because you have jump to random conclusions.
    My conclusions aren't random because you've just managed, again, to make a completely sexist post. You call me an "ass" for making an "assumption" and yet you're the one who thinks that women can't do certain jobs, or worse can only do those jobs as determined by a traditional patriarchy.

    I'm sad that you can't see why you're wrong, and how pathetic that really is.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

  4. #574
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    As loathe as I am to step into one of these diversity arguments, I think what needs to be acknowledged is there's more than one type of diversity. Diversity doesn't just equal = black people. Yes, it's awesome that Black Panther is back to a prominent role, and yes it's cool a black dude is running the New Avengers, but that doesn't automatically mean that it's still not a little crappy that (at least as of right now) there are no women on the team. Ideally we'd have teams with women AND non-white heroes on them.

    This just reminds me of the clusterf*ck someone started in the Young Avengers thread where they basically tried to insinuate Ms. America doesn't count as any sort of diversity because she's not a black character, which is utterly ridiculous.

  5. #575
    Senior Member Luck911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    My conclusions aren't random because you've just managed, again, to make a completely sexist post. You call me an "ass" for making an "assumption" and yet you're the one who thinks that women can't do certain jobs, or worse can only do those jobs as determined by a traditional patriarchy.

    I'm sad that you can't see why you're wrong, and how pathetic that really is.
    Show me in post where i said women can't do certain jobs,I never said that

    Show me where i said women can only do jobs in traditional patriarchy

    You are making ass of yourself by assuming opinions on me,I am perfect fine with women doing every job but does not change they are jobs in which more men or doing them,In those cases you can fair easy put groups and get nobody from a certain gender.I have taken college classes my classes where 85% women and average is some where around that number nation wide,If you where to randomly put together groups in college their is good chance you would all female groups. I am not apologize for the truth nor do i care that some one thinks i am sexist because of the truth and Truth is marvel has done a poor job of creating strong female leaders ,So they are very few qualify females for a spot.So you have two choices

    -Either force a best female available on team and watch them become wallpaper because they are not same level as the male characters

    -Don't put a female on the team at the moment,Start to work building up female so she can join the team and she won't get shafted

    Once again you are assuming a point of view that i don't have,I would love to female on the New Avengers but female is not going to be done right,It does not make any sense to put one on.Marvel has already made step one to put a female on team,they are three female solo books and fearless defenders,One of those females are now contender for a spot.The second step is to give them a big showcase in event and maybe leadership role in a standard Avengers team.The best choice imo would Captain Marvel.I would love see Marvel correct that mistake by give a female character the proper push.
    Last edited by Luck911; 11-20-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  6. #576
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    As loathe as I am to step into one of these diversity arguments, I think what needs to be acknowledged is there's more than one type of diversity. Diversity doesn't just equal = black people.
    I keep asking this.

    WHO are the people who think diversity = black people? I keep hearing this mantra, but don't see it in action. I'm thinking it's assumptions being made to shut up this discussion.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  7. #577
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,512

    Default

    True I have only seen as a counter argument when a team has one minority and/or some LGBTS and someone says its not diverse. the counter is always you only care about black characters or black male characters to silence discussion.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  8. #578

    Default

    Is wonderman like superman?

  9. #579
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernoulli View Post
    Is wonderman like superman?
    Not really outside of Super Strength and Flight.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  10. #580
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I keep asking this.

    WHO are the people who think diversity = black people? I keep hearing this mantra, but don't see it in action. I'm thinking it's assumptions being made to shut up this discussion.
    He just told you. In the Young Avengers thread. I don't know what you've been reading, but I see it all the time when the diversity question comes up. Heck, when the Young Avengers was announced, you had idiots whining about it not being a diverse team!


    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    True I have only seen as a counter argument when a team has one minority and/or some LGBTS and someone says its not diverse. the counter is always you only care about black characters or black male characters to silence discussion.
    A team with one minority and LGBTS IS diverse and many times the person saying it isn't is complaining about the lack of black males.

  11. #581
    ❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    <☼V☼>
    Posts
    6,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    What is the first three letter of assume,That is what happens when you do that.When was the last time you have seen a female construction worker or female special ops,Is it fair to say that male nurse is uncommon or way less common than female nurse.If you where create a team of best nurses or best construction workers you will most like end with all of the same gender.It is like that at Marvel with female leaders .
    some.
    My brother is a registered nurse. There many men working as nurses. It's excellent pay and good hours with no stigma attached to the profession.

    Yes, there are female soldiers serving in combat units in armies across the globe including South Korea and Israel, two countries that are as battle hardened as it gets. It's inevitable that it'll happen in the U.S. and other nations. SK even has a special forces unit that consists solely of women.


    That's the reality, hombre. My mother served in the Army for nine years. Chicks can pull their own weight.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

  12. #582
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    On the plus side, with these announcements (and the news the NEW member of New Avengers is Captain America); Remender's Uncanny Avengers is no longer the least diverse Avengers comic... that award now goes to the New Avengers!
    That hasn't been said or confirmed anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Has it been confirmed? No. Does the solicit for the issue coated in Cap's shield say "A NEW MEMBER JOINS!!!" = yes. It's a fair guess to say it's Cap.
    It's a lousy guess if you've been reading the Illuminati and Avengers. Cap is already an Illuminati member. His shield on the cover seems to suggest he's leaving the Illuminati, and his place will be taken by a new member -- perhaps either Black Panther or Beast, if they haven't joined yet.

    As far as diversity ... you have to remember, not only is it a group that was inherited by Hickman, but it's one that at this point defines it's "membership" by WHO has an Infinity Gem.

  13. #583
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,783

    Default

    This wasn't even a diversity argument to start out with.

    It was a "Havok-sucks/is gonna be a puppet-he-shouldn't-lead-argument" with a side order of "how-dare-Cap-start-an-mutant-team".

    There have been one or two posts about diversity in a thread that is mainly about how much Havok sucks/is unfit to be a leader.

    It's like the 90's XFactor book never happened.

  14. #584
    ❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    <☼V☼>
    Posts
    6,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This wasn't even a diversity argument to start out with.

    It was a "Havok-sucks/is gonna be a puppet-he-shouldn't-lead-argument" with a side order of "how-dare-Cap-start-an-mutant-team".

    There have been one or two posts about diversity in a thread that is mainly about how much Havok sucks/is unfit to be a leader.

    It's like the 90's XFactor book never happened.
    Which is funny, because 90's X-factor is one of my all-time favorite Super-teams. Alex was very credible as the leader; lately though, some writers have taken a sadistic glee in deconstructing him as an ineffective punter. Even Peter David, the guy who made him cool to begin with, couldn't resist making him a mopey loser.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

  15. #585
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Which is funny, because 90's X-factor is one of my all-time favorite Super-teams. Alex was very credible as the leader; lately though, some writers have taken a sadistic glee in deconstructing him as an ineffective punter. Even Peter David, the guy who made him cool to begin with, couldn't resist making him a mopey loser.
    Well he had the misfortune of coming back to X-Factor after it was under new management, so it's understandable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •