Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Why do I want him on this team?

Personally, I like him. Always have.

I always liked his classic suit.

I like his attitude. Every team needs a jerkass.
    Um this team has Cap, Wolverine, and Simon. All of whom have been supreme jerkasses lately.

Rogue and Janet are generally pleasant characters (even if Rogue is a little trailer park stereotype-ish sometimes) but other than that we have:

Havok (Attempted fratricide on Vulcan)
    Cap (Psychopath as of AvX)
    Thor (Wtf is with his characterization lately? Why is he becoming such a joke?)
    Wanda (My thoughts on the Scarlet Bitc# are very clear by her nickname)
    Sunfire (Nationalist is a polite word for xenophobic racist)
    Wolverine (Traitorous little wretch)
    Simon (Mentally unstable with super strength is such a bad combo. Ask Dr. Banner)

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging One View Post
    What an odd thing to say. Does that mean you didn't read the majority of Busiek's Avengers and Shooter's Avengers? I imagine you already dislike the Avengers pretty heavy if you find Cap, Thor, and SW to be crap characters.
    I dislike the Avengers and I think Cap, Thor, Scarlett Witch, Wolverine and Havok are all terrible characters. This is one of the worst rosters ever put in a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    wow. magneto's a dog.
    Jan's actually more a dog than Mags (good for her!)

The Good: Simon and Jan joining the team, although I would have preferred them on Hickman's team
    The Bad: the possibility of Simon and Wanda getting back together
    The Ugly: their costumes, all 3 of them need a revamp

Quote Originally Posted by apexspark View Post
    Pretty sure Remender got the short straw when Gillen, Hickman and Deconnick were calling dibs on which Marvel ladies they'd get to use on their Bendis clean-up crew on Avengers teams.
    The only Avengers team Gillen is working on is the Young variety. And is Assemble Now even considered a separate team in-universe? It's just 10 specific members of Hickman's team, nothing to distinguish it

But if you're going this route, you should include Bendis, Bunn, Spencer, and Humphries

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Whenever I see news from Uncanny Avengers, is like they're saying: "Wait! We can go stupider!"

Freaking Sunfire?!!!
    Well, of course! When it was the X-Men, he didn't gave a crap. Now that it's the Avengers, lead by a relic of a war when the US nuked Japan 2 times, he's on board! It makes perfect sense!

And I wouldn't read a book with Wasp and Wonderman even if the other characters weren't crap!

What a joke!
    Yes, yes... we know you hate the Avengers. We ALL know. You don't have to make a post about it every couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    I dislike the Avengers and I think Cap, Thor, Scarlett Witch, Wolverine and Havok are all terrible characters. This is one of the worst rosters ever put in a comic book.
    Why post in a thread about the Avengers if you dislike them? Sounds like you would hate just about any Avengers line-up if you think Cap, Thor, SW, Wonder Man, and Wasp are terrible characters and you actively dislike the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging One View Post
    Why post in a thread about the Avengers if you dislike them? Sounds like you would hate just about any Avengers line-up if you think Cap, Thor, SW, Wonder Man, and Wasp are terrible characters and you actively dislike the Avengers.
    Pretty much. If you hate on these charcters, there is just no room for you to have ever liked the Avengers.

This book is far and away my favorite in the Marvel NOW! line up. There is just so much energy in this team, and a write who can exploit it.

Even Sunfire, who my initial reaction to when this news hit was 'meh' is destined to provide some brilliant moments with his matter-of-fact demeanor.

Best semi-monthly title on the market! :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Pretty much. If you hate on these charcters, there is just no room for you to have ever liked the Avengers.

This book is far and away my favorite in the Marvel NOW! line up. There is just so much energy in this team, and a write who can exploit it.

Even Sunfire, who my initial reaction to when this news hit was 'meh' is destined to provide some brilliant moments with his matter-of-fact demeanor.

Best semi-monthly title on the market! :D
    The Announcement the other day sent shock-waves threw the Marvel community. Most positive, but you are going to get ones that do not like the roster or book pretty much no matter who they put on the team. I like to know more from posters like that less why they dislike the team and more on who they like to see on the team to make it better in their minds.

Sunfire I though was a great addition, have not seen him used in a Major way for what seems like a lifetime, and this can be his big push by marvel to be put into the mainstream, I like to see more heroes from Japan.

Wasp and Wonder Man are Great for this book, will help them after be neglected over the past several years.

It seems to be an artist change coming by #5 and the book will be back on a Monthly release date, This announcement Made my day that day. It is right now the Best Book Marvel NOW has Going for it!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Veteran Member

I say if any of the old Avengers start giving Rogue a hard time,She should start wearing a "Cyclops was Right" T-Shirt around the mansion and in public... :p

I'm a big Sunfire fan and always wanted him to be part of one team. I also love his original costume.
    So I'm very excited to read more about him.

Great that Wasp is back but not enough to get me on this.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Who would ever think that Sunfire would one day become an Avenger. Talk of a curve-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    He just can't write a story with out that crutch, can he?
    He cannot.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    He cannot.
    Is it a crutch or a recurring thematic element? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldforce View Post
    Is it a crutch or a recurring thematic element? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
    I don't know about that.

To me, a recurring thematic element would be like Geoff Johns constantly redefining/"modernizing" characters, or Morrison working with symbolic antagonists and clashing concepts (ie: magic vs science).

A crutch would be like Snyder's monologues or Johns constant use of brutality and death to add tension to his fight scenes. I think Remender has the same issue.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com