Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I find Wonder Man to be positively yawn-worthy but I'm very pleased to see the Wasp and Sunfire. Especially the latter, since he seems like the type of character Remender could actually develop given his obscurity. The Wolverine team-up sounds fun.

Glad to see Wasp showing back up in a book, and I've always liked Sunfire. Wonder Man is not someone I've ever been particularly interested in.

VERY nice to see Copiel show up on art duties. I wonder if we'll see him replacing Cassaday once it becomes clear the latter is not going to be able to handle a monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You're missing the point. Someone with half a brain (i.e., not Steve Rogers) would field his self-described "public relations integrated human-mutant Avengers team" from the 20% of them who have not been associated with criminal activities over the years. There are a few, believe it or not. But they're not as popular, so I accept that for sales purposes Remender and Marvel decided to just go with the "Captain America is a moron" angle and roll with it. Not like it's the first time we've been exposed to his ineptitude...
    From the resting 20%, the majority of these charaters is dead (Kurt, Jean, Xavier) so the list is getting thinner. Anyway the team's mission is so important so if someone wants to partecipate independently from their past i don't think that Cap will tell him to GTFO. And also the purpose of many of these characters (aside of the team's mission) is also redemption and a second chance so they fit the bill

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The in universe reason for the creation of the team was to give mutants a better image, that's it. Nothing to do with redemption.
    That' s the team's mission. But the personal reason that many of these guys are being part orf this is redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by darkclaw11 View Post
    From the resting 20%, the majority of these charaters is dead (Kurt, Jean, Xavier) so the list is getting thinner. Anyway the team's mission is so important so if someone wants to partecipate independently from their past i don't think that Cap will tell him to GTFO. And also the purpose of many of these characters (aside of the team's mission) is also redemption and a second chance so they fit the bill
    Well if that's the case he should just ask Cyclops to join. Scott is looking for a little redemption right now himself. And he hasn't killed half as many people as some of the existing UA cast. Just saying, it's a stupid move for what is supposed to be a PR team that shows normal folks that mutants aren't so scary.

But Cap is not very strategically intelligent. Tactically, yes, but strategically, not so much...

...I'm over it, though. Will just turn my brain off and try to enjoy despite this glaring flaw in logic from here on out.

You're missing the point. Someone with half a brain (i.e., not Steve Rogers) would field his self-described "public relations integrated human-mutant Avengers team" from the 20% of them who have not been associated with criminal activities over the years. There are a few, believe it or not. But they're not as popular, so I accept that for sales purposes Remender and Marvel decided to just go with the "Captain America is a moron" angle and roll with it. Not like it's the first time we've been exposed to his ineptitude...
    Does the American public even know that Sunfire was a Marauder? That is pretty obscure info.

As far as Simon goes, a guy who fights people all the time fought his buddies, another group of people who also fight all the time. In 616.
    That's called Tuesday in those parts.

The Avengers just could say it was over a chick it would be half true and nobody would think twice.
    Especally in the MU. Simon didn't beat on Civilians during his rampage, so the public isn't that pissed at him.

If anything he may have gained cred with the cape haters for taking a swing at the Avengers.

Well if that's the case he should just ask Cyclops to join. Scott is looking for a little redemption right now himself. And he hasn't killed half as many people as some of the existing UA cast. Just saying, it's a stupid move for what is supposed to be a PR team that shows normal folks that mutants aren't so scary.

But Cap is not very strategically intelligent. Tactically, yes, but strategically, not so much...

...I'm over it, though. Will just turn my brain off and try to enjoy despite this glaring flaw in logic from here on out.
    Cyclops? Following his little brother's leadership? Not even if he had killed half of human population he would accept that kind of redemption.

Nobody I want to read...thanks for saving me more $ Marvel.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Veteran Member

Poor Rogue is really getting the shaft here.Do any of you remember Sunfire's and Rogue's history going back to the late 1990's?Alan Davis had the 2 of them fighting during the "Shaddering"storyline.Then in Rogue's short lived 2005 solo,teaming up with Rogue,Sunfire loses his legs to Lady Deathstrike,then ends up forced to suck him dry of his power and persona.(Blindspot removes the Sunfire persona.)To add insult to injury,more that half of the expanded team were part of the Avengers at time of Avengers Annual #10.(Wanda,Steve,Thor,Janet,Simon).For Wanda and Simon,I bet it'll be a whole lot easier to bash Rogue for what she did 30+ years ago,than to deal with their own problems...

Not sure how I feel (leaning towards yawns) about the retro-feel of the costumes or the characters selected, but I'm into the impetus to NOT use newer characters for this book. As it is, this book is reliant on the history between mutants and the world and by using characters with long histories feeds into the historical anchor that is the mutant conflict. I'm not a fan of Sunfire, but I am looking forward to what Remender can explore with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Poor Rogue is really getting the shaft here.Do any of you remember Sunfire's and Rogue's history going back to the late 1990's?Alan Davis had the 2 of them fighting during the "Shaddering"storyline.Then in Rogue's short lived 2005 solo,teaming up with Rogue,Sunfire loses his legs to Lady Deathstrike,then ends up forced to suck him dry of his power and persona.(Blindspot removes the Sunfire persona.)To add insult to injury,more that half of the expanded team were part of the Avengers at time of Avengers Annual #10.(Wanda,Steve,Thor,Janet,Simon).For Wanda and Simon,I bet it'll be a whole lot easier to bash Rogue for what she did 30+ years ago,than to deal with their own problems...
    Granted it wasn't mentioned in the interview, but how do you know none of that will be touched on? I think the Avengers Annual 10 aspect certainly has been (it's been called out that Thor will bring it up and who knows about the rest).

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Nobody I want to read...thanks for saving me more $ Marvel.
    How is it you're posting on the Avengers board and you feel no desire to read anyone from among Thor, Cap, Wanda, Wonder Man, and Wasp?

Who are you interested in reading of the Avengers, if I may ask? I'm a little stunned that not even one of those characters would fail to grab the attention of an Avengers fan....
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

If you like these characters, this is bad news. Everything Remender touches dies.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Sunfire and Wasp, I'm sold. I just hope they use his old costume, I always thought it rocked.

I'd rather they not milk the Avengers Annual thing too heavily. Aside from being a little self-referential, Ms. Marvel's beef with Rogue has been done to death. It wasn't even all that long ago that they had yet another confrontation in X-Men Legacy. Just move forward.