View Poll Results: I wanna Darken you up with my love...all over your body...

Voters
71. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Shade: The Changing Man

15 21.13%
  • Madame Xanadu

18 25.35%
  • Books of Magic

16 22.54%
  • Doom Patrol

41 57.75%
  • The Sandman

6 8.45%
  • Kid Eternity

18 25.35%
  • The Spectre

35 49.30%
  • Doctor Occult

17 23.94%
  • Luifer

7 9.86%
  • Death

8 11.27%
  • Doctor Fate

31 43.66%
  • Zatanna

35 49.30%
  • Black Orchid

22 30.99%
  • None--we have enough

2 2.82%
  • Other--please specify

10 14.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Dark titles you'd like to see made someday

Thanks to the Nu52, and the introduction to the Dark line I have started gathering a bunch of old series from Vertigo, and OMG LOVE them. The Dark line is by my favorite books to read of the current Nu52 and I'd love to see more of former Vertigo titles come back in this line of books, and maybe last longer due to heightened exposure. Not all have to be former Vertigo books, but just have a strong tie to Magic, and dark things, in that nature. Feel free to write in creative teams for these books as well.

Shade: the Changing Man

I'd love to see China Mieville take on Shade with Tom Raney on art. Dial H has been a sleeper hit for me, and I'd love to see his take on Rac Shade.

Madame Xanadu

If we could get old Ann Nocenti on this book, this would be amazing. I hope she can turn around and make a return to amazingness with her new Katana book. Amy Reader was born to draw Madame X.

Books of Magic

This is going to be my biggest Wish but probably never happen, but I'd love to see Gillen take a stab at Tim Hunter's world in the Nu52 with either Michael Zulli or Adam Pollina on art duties...
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

BANNED

Yeah I'll second a Gillen Books of Magic, maybe even the Nocenti Xanadu.

Peter Milligan and Brendan McCarthy on Spectre.

China Mieville on Etrigan the Demon

No touching Sandman or Death.

Lucifer as a guest or supporting character, unless you've got an AMAZING direction and an AMAZING writer.

Everyone else, go for it, with the right creative team.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

I'd love to see someone take a crack at a Raven-ongoing...one that didn't devolve into a soap opera because she happens to be a girl and not past the mid-twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I'll second a Gillen Books of Magic, maybe even the Nocenti Xanadu.

Peter Milligan and Brendan McCarthy on Spectre.

China Mieville on Etrigan the Demon
    Milligan on Spectre would be amazing. I'd love to get Matt Wagner back on Xanadu, but I was trying to fill the books with writers/artists who haven't worked on them before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    No touching Sandman or Death.

Lucifer as a guest or supporting character, unless you've got an AMAZING direction and an AMAZING writer.

Everyone else, go for it, with the right creative team.
    It was difficult coming up with different former Vertigo books, I've only recently been getting into them, and since they've been going for almost 30 years, that's a lot of back issues lol...especially in the same vein of keeping with the magical/supernatural theme that most of the dark books have going.
    Last edited by Talisman; 11-14-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

I am actually struggling to think on what to add to the dark line that would be suitably dark and magical in nature yet unique without being a rehash of an existing title. Would have suggested Shadowpact but then the problem lies on Justice League Dark since what the Shadowpact does could be handled by them instead. So, might just end up seeing perhaps characters who could be part of a team being instead rotated into the Justice League Dark. If thats the case, wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Nightshade, Ragman, Detective Chimp, Zauriel and others there.

Doom Patrol could be pretty dark. I know its not magic but can blur the lines between magic, science and the unknown with it. Beyond that, I think maybe Spectre? Or, maybe Zauriel? We see plenty from demons and the like from ones like Demon Knights so might be interesting to see the other end of the spectrum with angels.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

(realistic) Creative teams for the books mentioned...

Doom Patrol, by John Rozum and Frazer Irving

Shade the Changing Man, by Peter Milligan and Mateus Santolocco

Books of Magic, by China Mieville and Gabriel Hernandez Walta

Madam Xanadu, by Lauren Buekes and Emmanuela Lappuchina (sp?)

Doctor Occult, by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Jordi Bernet

Kid Eternity, by Matt Kindt and Brad Walker

Doctor Fate, by Jeff Parker and Gabriel Hardman

Zatanna, by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Emma Rios
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Other possible options include a new House of Mystery with Cain and Able.
    Maybe Destiny (and his book).
    Mister E?

I wouldn't mind finding out more about Zatara (Zatanna's dad), and they could always re-introduce Sargon the Sorcerer.

Perhaps a pair of young demon hunters, like the brothers on Supernatural, of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Scoobies?

Oh, and a good werewolf book.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Acheron I think would be pretty cool seeing in the Dark line.

Eli Stone, known as Midnight Rider has some interesting powers, and could be cool in a team book or put him in a book with Acheron:

Also maybe a book featuring Ragman, Nightshade, and maybe Nightmaster. Some weird choices I know, but why not? Also a Kid Eternity book could be interesting.
    Last edited by JessieMidnight; 11-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

Some other characters that originated in the pre-Vertigo days:

Prince Ra-Man

Mysto, Magician Detective

Man-Bat
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Could also update the Grim Ghost

who was originally the Gay Ghost (back in the 1940's)

The Kid Eternity National Comics one-shot was promising, so I could see that spinning out, but probably into a mini-series, rather than an ongoing. Some of the other options are better suited to mini or maxi series than ongoing titles, but I'd be most interested in a Doctor Fate ongoing.

Zatanna,Simon Dark,Man-Bat,ClayFace and Scratch.

Aside from Sandman (or rather, The Endless) and Zatanna, who I voted for, I would like to see something done with Detective Chimp, which I know would never happen, and Felix Faust. I think a mini, or even a monthly, with Faust could be terribly twisted and crazy, guilty fun. But then, Im partial to stories that explore the villains.

Additionally, I wonder if you could take mainstream heroes and tell a good Dark story with them, without destroying the integrity of the franchises and character. Obviously a Batman Dark book would be pretty easy, and Wonder Woman might as well be part of the Dark line right now, but how would a Superman Dark mini look? I bet it'd be a lot like the old Superman/Aliens crossovers.

The Demon
    Madam Xanadu
    Shining Knight
    Savage
    Exoristos
    Horsewoman
    Al Jabr