Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Wonder Woman is not gay or bisexual in the new 52. But that can be easily rectified in any of these ways.

1. Make her have sex with Aleka since Aleka is a lesbian and that would make WW a lesbian too.
    2. Make her have sex with Etta Candy and thus make Etta her best friend.
    3. Reveal that the reason Cheetah stopped being her best friend is because the Cheetah is straight and Wonder Woman is a lesbian and wanted to have sex with Cheetah. This caused Cheetah to become depressed and so she cut herself with a dagger and became evil and so from the trauma Wonder Woman stopped being a lesbian and turned straight.
    4. Make Steve Trevor a transgendered woman and reveal that WW thought he was a woman the whole time and the only reason she loved him is because she thought he was a woman. Then after Steve really becomes a woman make him a lesbian who loves Wonder Woman.
    5. Just break up Superman and Wonder Woman after they have sex for the first time because Wonder Woman says she doesn't like a man's touch.
    6. Since the new 52 WW claims she loves everyone it means she loves both men and women and hence she is bisexual.
    7. After meeting Batwoman Wonder Woman discovers that is is better to be gay than to be straight because straight is too mainstream
    8. Just reboot the universe again and say the new Wonder Woman is a lesbian.

It is very easy to increase population in the USA. Just make everyone have sex with each other and then 9 months later everyone will have babies. The USA seems to love violence but hate sex. The USA should love sex but hate violence. I don't really see the problem here when countries like China, Japan, India and other Oriental countries have lots of unprotected sex and lots of people and a booming population.

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    It is very easy to increase population in the USA. Just make everyone have sex with each other and then 9 months later everyone will have babies. The USA seems to love violence but hate sex. The USA should love sex but hate violence. I don't really see the problem here when countries like China, Japan, India and other Oriental countries have lots of unprotected sex and lots of people and a booming population.
    Japan doesn't have a booming population anymore...they have an increase in living elderly citizens from the Baby Boomer generation.

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    Wonder Woman is not gay or bisexual in the new 52. But that can be easily rectified in any of these ways.

1. Make her have sex with Aleka since Aleka is a lesbian and that would make WW a lesbian too.
    2. Make her have sex with Etta Candy and thus make Etta her best friend.
    3. Reveal that the reason Cheetah stopped being her best friend is because the Cheetah is straight and Wonder Woman is a lesbian and wanted to have sex with Cheetah. This caused Cheetah to become depressed and so she cut herself with a dagger and became evil and so from the trauma Wonder Woman stopped being a lesbian and turned straight.
    4. Make Steve Trevor a transgendered woman and reveal that WW thought he was a woman the whole time and the only reason she loved him is because she thought he was a woman. Then after Steve really becomes a woman make him a lesbian who loves Wonder Woman.
    5. Just break up Superman and Wonder Woman after they have sex for the first time because Wonder Woman says she doesn't like a man's touch.
    6. Since the new 52 WW claims she loves everyone it means she loves both men and women and hence she is bisexual.
    7. After meeting Batwoman Wonder Woman discovers that is is better to be gay than to be straight because straight is too mainstream
    8. Just reboot the universe again and say the new Wonder Woman is a lesbian.
    You can write a lesbian Wonder Woman without mentioning sex...

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jestersjoker View Post
    I do not think a Lesbian or bi Wonder Woman will appeal to an older population.
    That is just my opinion
    Question remains, why would you think a comic book should be aimed to find new readers in an older audience in the first place?
    I mean, when you compare the two, how likely is it that a 40-something 'comic-virgin' is going to pick up a comic and get hooked when compared to a 16-year old?

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Please refrain from replying with just a picture. We don't mind the use of pictures in context, but by themselves they often lead to misunderstandings, not to mention broken links/red X boxes, and bandwidth issues.

Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Question remains, why would you think a comic book should be aimed to find new readers in an older audience in the first place?
    I mean, when you compare the two, how likely is it that a 40-something 'comic-virgin' is going to pick up a comic and get hooked when compared to a 16-year old?
    This, btw, is the great Catch-22 that I think is killing the comic industry.

The companies want to attract a new audience, but they've priced themselves out of the youth market. Combine that with the fact that it's very difficult to just 'find' comics (it's how every single one of my friends and I got into comics when we were kids - spinner racks/magazine shelves in convenience stores/news shops) and the audience will keep dwindling. Nowadays, if a book breaks 100K, it's a hit. Back in comics heyday, that number was more like one million.

Kids can't find them, and even if they know to find a comic shop, they can't really afford them, especially when the companies are both event/issue 1 happy. Some of the Marvel books ship twice a month during the summer and the event crossovers can get ridiculously expensive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    This, btw, is the great Catch-22 that I think is killing the comic industry.

The companies want to attract a new audience, but they've priced themselves out of the youth market. Combine that with the fact that it's very difficult to just 'find' comics (it's how every single one of my friends and I got into comics when we were kids - spinner racks/magazine shelves in convenience stores/news shops) and the audience will keep dwindling. Nowadays, if a book breaks 100K, it's a hit. Back in comics heyday, that number was more like one million.
    That is true, the companies producing the books have really hung themselves up on the dedicated brick and mortar stores and seem quite protective of them (last seen when they shifted their digital release time a week ago).
    I don't know how it is anywhere else, but round here I will be lucky if I see a comic on sale in a regular shop that isn't from Disney.

You do know that one of the reasons that the Greek/Roman civilization more or less died out was because of a very low birth rate.
    You do know there's a limit to how many humans Earth can sustain?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    It just humor. just having some lite fun.
    Mods hate fun.

THE LOW BIRTH-RATE IN ANCIENT ROME:
    A POSSIBLE CONTRIBUTING FACTOR
    http://www.rhm.uni-koeln.de/128/Devine.pdf
    http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com...e-in-10-years/

No I do not want Sharia law here in America because I am a conservative republican Christian and would not fare well in a society that is ruled by sharia law wither it be here in America or in Africa.
    Look I have been bullied attacked persecuted for being a Christian, because someone thought I was gay and I am not. And I have also been attacked for being half Hispanic so please do not use the persecution card on me.
    Christians suffer persecution all over the world so please.
    And bullying and attacking gays or any group that is not Christian is not a Christian ternate; it goes totally against what Christ taught.
    If same sex marriages is legalized, I see no reason why polygamy should not be legalized provided it is with consenting adults especially if it increases the birth rate. Or not.
    This thread is about increasing Wonder Woman sales.
    And I was just putting out there that if DC and Marvel want to increase sales they might have to seek readers outside the country which means writing comics that are acceptable to their culture.
    Especially when you look at Russia who’s population will decrease from 150 million to less than a 100 million in 60 years. I mean the same thing is happening here and with a declining birth rate and with comprehensive immigration mandated which means our borders will be locked down.
    And I watch Fox News and they do not smear everything. They give the news the liberal media will not.
    The world population continues to plummet
    http://news.mongabay.com/2005/0502-rhett_butler.html
    It's a shame this forum thinks pictures steal your soul, because I just have no words...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That is true, the companies producing the books have really hung themselves up on the dedicated brick and mortar stores and seem quite protective of them (last seen when they shifted their digital release time a week ago).
    I don't know how it is anywhere else, but round here I will be lucky if I see a comic on sale in a regular shop that isn't from Disney.
    So long as digital comics are the same cost as paper ones, I'll be stickin' with paper ones. I get a 25-40% discount on my books *and* I have something to resell (even if it's a quarter per book). I was hoping if/when things went digital that I'd be saving some money, but as it is, it costs me more for digital plus The Husband can't read them at work (he's not allowed any electronics) so that's right out :/

Meanwhile, back to the topic...

I don't think anyone needs to 'make her have sex' with anyone to be bisexual or lesbian. However, I will again repeat from Batwoman that she flat out stated she is *not* interested in women, so she currently in this continuity has said herself that she is 'not a sister of Sappho.'

So it's still more a hypothetical 'what if/should she' rather than 'is she' question ;)

Veteran Member

The US population is below replacement levels
    This means the population is getting older
    Replacement level, factoring in infant mortality, is about 2.2, right? So, by your own graph, the fertility rate was somewhere around replacement level for a few years until 2011 (for which we only have preliminary data anyway). The fertility rate dipped a little during bad economic times. I wouldn't extrapolate that it's going to precipitously decline for an indefinite period into the future, and that we're going to go from overpopulated to underpopulated. If that does happen it's going to take a long time; I don't think comics publisjers plan that far in advance, and besides, the people who will be old by then, by and large, have different attitudes towards sexual difference than many of today's older people. So if you want to argue against changing Wonder Woman's sexuality, I don't think declining birth rates is a very strong argument.
    Last edited by slvn; 12-04-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In response...

*Looks at the recent discussions then bangs head against the wall*

And the discussion was going really well also.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I think Diana is gay friendly. That's my take anyway.