Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Sexual orientation is determined by chemical and electrical configurations in the brain, not who you grow up around.

Would people have been fine if Hippolyta and Phillipus

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Would people have been fine if Hippolyta and Phillipus
    Not just fine with it - I thought it was awesome and I really wish they had gotten married.

I hate that Phillipus is gone :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Not just fine with it - I thought it was awesome and I really wish they had gotten married.

I was even ok with Black Canary being Bi, till DC went and changed it. I think one of the reasons why I've never been much of a DC guy is because of it's unfortunate implications towards gay characters. They either get killed off or never be heard from again
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I was even ok with Black Canary being Bi, till DC went and changed it. I think one of the reasons why I've never been much of a DC guy is because of it's unfortunate implications towards gay characters. They either get killed off or never be heard from again
    When was Black Canary Bi? That would be fine. I like her to be with Arrow but I wonder who she would be with?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

I hope they being her back to.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    I hope they being her back to.
    Wont happen sadly since she's a minor character and gay/bi. Seems to be the trend with DC. Either kill a gay/bi character or put said character in limbo

Wont happen sadly since she's a minor character and gay/bi. Seems to be the trend with DC. Either kill a gay/bi character or put said character in limbo

That mess up. I hope Dc Uses her soon. That miss up. Also, I notice that the people that take over can't write the characters well, if the characters are gay/ or bi. Hey, would would people feel if Diana was made by Hippoltya and Phillipus .
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 11-15-2012 at 06:04 PM.

I think Diana should be bisexual (But don't make a big deal of it DC! Just have a relationship begin to form between Zola and Diana. Because we know Supes and Wonder Woman won't last.) Look at the tagline for this own forum! The Amazing Amazon, fighting Evil with Love since 1941! Love of all kind! Let's show that.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I think Diana should be bisexual (But don't make a big deal of it DC! Just have a relationship begin to form between Zola and Diana. Because we know Supes and Wonder Woman won't last.) Look at the tagline for this own forum! The Amazing Amazon, fighting Evil with Love since 1941! Love of all kind! Let's show that.
    Says who? A group of people whose probably upset that she didn't choose Batman? Or a group of people who prefer her pure and dateless?

BANNED

Bisexual? Yes.

Gay? No.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Says who? A group of people whose probably upset that she didn't choose Batman? Or a group of people who prefer her pure and dateless?
    Says the status quo. Superman will end up with Lois Lane--it's kind-of inevitable. I'm sure the two will have a few years worth of stories ahead of them together, but I don't see it becoming the new status quo.

As for the topic--I think with her main character core being about love, even in the New 52, I think it's very probable that she's more pansexual. She cares more about who the person is in their core, whether their gender, or probably even species. So yeah, I'd love to see them utilize that at some point, in a fairly subtle/realistic way.

Hell, I can see it casually coming in now with Superman getting to know her more. Maybe he inadvertently says that she's inexperienced at dating and she replies, "I never said that."

"But I thought you've only been with Steve--"

"Steve was my first boyfriend, as you put it, yes, but I did have a life before coming to Man's World."

"Oh. ...OH."

"Heh. Almost mistook your face for your cape, it's that red."

"S-sorry--"

"It's okay--when I told Steve that I practically had to pick him up with a mop."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Says the status quo. Superman will end up with Lois Lane--it's kind-of inevitable. I'm sure the two will have a few years worth of stories ahead of them together, but I don't see it becoming the new status quo.

As for the topic--I think with her main character core being about love, even in the New 52, I think it's very probable that she's more pansexual. She cares more about who the person is in their core, whether their gender, or probably even species. So yeah, I'd love to see them utilize that at some point, in a fairly subtle/realistic way.

Hell, I can see it casually coming in now with Superman getting to know her more. Maybe he inadvertently says that she's inexperienced at dating and she replies, "I never said that."

"But I thought you've only been with Steve--"

"Steve was my first boyfriend, as you put it, yes, but I did have a life before coming to Man's World."

"Oh. ...OH."

"Heh. Almost mistook your face for your cape, it's that red."

"S-sorry--"

"It's okay--when I told Steve that I practically had to pick him up with a mop."
    The same status quo that's still keeping MJ and Peter apart? Although I do respect that DC didn't go with the Deal With The Devil card. Still keeping Superman and Lois seperate is the direction DC is taking it and they aren't going to change their minds anytime soon.

On topic. It would be nice if they handle Diana's "coming out story" in a more respectable way like perhaps her gradually trying to come to terms with her sexual orientation. If handled well it could be a well done and relatable story

From a standpoint of likelihood I think either is off the table. If her Batwoman guest role is any indication, they have absolutely no intention of making her gay nor bi. She outright says the former is a myth and there certainly isn't even any innuendo between Diana and Kate to remotely suggest bi. Which is fine, its not a crime that they don't nor do I consider it lacking guts on their part. Could be that they just plain don't want to, and that's okay too. Certainly no one here has done it, but elsewhere I have seen some act as if its outright OOC for her to not be portrayed as gay/bi, that its a foregone conclusion that she always has been and DC is totally in the wrong for not portraying her "right". Neverminding the fact I guess that she's ALWAYS been heterosexual. Its puzzling to say the least. I even read one blog where someone was blaming DC for ruining their slash fun. Zuh? Fan fiction is called fan fiction for a reason, the fan makes it up, DC's not stopping you, lol.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-15-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    From a standpoint of likelihood I think either is off the table. If her Batwoman guest role is any indication, they have absolutely no intention of making her gay nor bi. She outright says the former is a myth and there certainly isn't even any innuendo between Diana and Kate to remotely suggest bi. Which is fine, its not a crime that they don't nor do I consider it lacking guts on their part. Could be that they just plain don't want to, and that's okay too. Certainly no one here has done it, but elsewhere I have seen some act as if its outright OOC for her to not be portrayed as gay/bi, that its a foregone conclusion that she always has been and DC is totally in the wrong for not portraying her "right". Neverminding the fact I guess that she's ALWAYS been heterosexual. Its puzzling to say the least.
    It's a damned if they do then damned if they don't situation honestly. Ok lets say they make her gay/bi then DC would be accused of cranking up the cheesecake factor of Wonder Woman by having her make out with different women and she has a bad enough rep for the golden aged bondage issues and her "bathing suit" attire. If they don't make her gay then DC would be accused in not providing a role model to the gay community or trying to be all hush hush on the gay/lesbian subject due to their 50's/60's way of thinking concerning the subject.