Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Composite(CHIM) Dragonborn vs Thor(Movie)

Movie Thor vs Dragonborn, but with a twist!

Dragonborn here is a composite. Which includes gameplay, which means Dragonborn has CHIM.

CHIM is a concept found in the Sermons of Vivec, used as shorthand to refer to a state of being in which an individual being realizes that they are part of the one Godmind of the Elder Scrolls universe, but, instead of ceasing to exist after realizing that they have no unique existence, maintain individuality. This allows them a control over the world, such as using the dev console, the Construction Set, and save-game scumming, among other things. Yes, Elder Scrolls lore is weird and meta.

Armed with this ability, does the Dragonborn have what it takes to defeat Thor(Movie)? Or at the very least give him a good fight?

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Seeing how there's nothing stopping the Dragonborn from using the kill command to kill him off...

Wouldn't a full power Dragonborn be a fight for movie Thor anyway? I mean, using game mechanics you can get to crazy insane levels of power without 'breaking' the game...
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Wouldn't a full power Dragonborn be a fight for movie Thor anyway? I mean, using game mechanics you can get to crazy insane levels of power without 'breaking' the game...
    Well I think movie Thor physically probably packs more of a punch then anything in Skyrim so he probably wouldn't want to get hit by Thor, but yeah magic lightning would probably not be the way to go. Granted it's not going to be easy to hit him since he can go invisible, etc.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-14-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Well I think movie Thor physically probably packs more of a punch then anything in Skyrim, but yeah magic lightning would probably not be the way to go.
    True. But going off of what I've seen in game, and what's been described in other threads, I'd think he could last long enough to slow time and get some hits off.

Then it'd just be a matter of determining whether one of the 'super' weapons could actually do anything to Thor. Which I'll admit is a stretch.

True. But going off of what I've seen in game, and what's been described in other threads, I'd think he could last long enough to slow time and get some hits off.

Then it'd just be a matter of determining whether one of the 'super' weapons could actually do anything to Thor. Which I'll admit is a stretch.
    Well..I'm assuming Thor needs to breath. So perhaps you could hit him with a paralyze spell and then suffocate him. They don't last long so it would have to keep being cast, but that won't be a problem. Granted I don't think paralyze works on things like dragons, but it's hard to say if that is from inherent toughness or magical resistance so I'm not sure I'd say Thor could resist unless he has feats of resisting something similar.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    CHIM is a concept found in the Sermons of Vivec, used as shorthand to refer to a state of being in which an individual being realizes that they are part of the one Godmind of the Elder Scrolls universe, but, instead of ceasing to exist after realizing that they have no unique existence, maintain individuality. This allows them a control over the world, such as using the dev console, the Construction Set, and save-game scumming, among other things. Yes, Elder Scrolls lore is weird and meta.
    CHIM is also, as far as I have been able to understand, mostly a fanon theory based on some fairly liberal enterpretations of the Lore. (And the Lore is itself inherently unreliable, what with being, well, basically just the folklore of the Elder Scrolls setting.)

So I'm not sure it's really legit as far as Rumbles is concerned.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-14-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Well..I'm assuming Thor needs to breath. So perhaps you could hit him with a paralyze spell and then suffocate him. They don't last long so it would have to keep being cast, but that won't be a problem. Granted I don't think paralyze works on things like dragons, but it's hard to say if that is from inherent toughness or magical resistance so I'm not sure I'd say Thor could resist unless he has feats of resisting something similar.
    Well, speed factors into this a little. Dragonborn can dodge arrows and spells, but that's not really such of a much, and from what I understand movie Thor is around ringer level...

So the Dragonborn's going to have to survive long enough to get the spells of.

Well, speed factors into this a little. Dragonborn can dodge arrows and spells, but that's not really such of a much, and from what I understand movie Thor is around ringer level...
    Ringer level? Whats that?

Ringer level? Whats that?
    You're faster than people like Captain America, Batman etc. But not fast enough to out and out weave your way through gunfire.

So they would be close in speed then? Well DB does also have the Whirlwind Sprint shout which allows him a sort of single burst of speed, then there is the power that allows him to become Etheral which also increases his speed(It may just be a mechanic, however he is Ethereal so perhaps the increase speed is due to being weightless? I mean I do not think you have any weight when you are Ethereal which would also explain why stamina does not decrease while in that state) and as someone has mentioned before, he/she can slow down time.

All that may give DB the edge in terms of speed would it not?

So they would be close in speed then? Well DB does also have the Whirlwind Sprint shout which allows him a sort of single burst of speed, then there is the power that allows him to become Etheral which also increases his speed(It may just be a mechanic, however he is Ethereal so perhaps the increase speed is due to being weightless? I mean I do not think you have any weight when you are Ethereal which would also explain why stamina does not decrease while in that state) and as someone has mentioned before, he/she can slow down time.

All that may give DB the edge in terms of speed would it not?
    Well, in an arena match. He's really not all that far away from Thor, and since Thor can move at a speed faster than Comic Book Peak (Cap, Bats) and CBPH's can move faster than the Dragonborn, he's kind of in trouble.

Even with Whirlwind Sprint, which really doesn't help since he can't attack while using it, he's still slower. If he can can go ethereal before Thor gets to him he'd probably manage to slow time and hit him though.

Then it comes down to actually hurting Thor. Which is... iffy.

Is movie Thor that durable? I mean he is no comicbook Thor, and wasn't Captain America capable of hurting him in the Avengers movie?(I haven't seen it yet, seen the Thor movie though) when they were all duking it out?
    Last edited by Cody; 11-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.

So the Dragonborn's going to have to survive long enough to get the spells of.
    I think the DB could survive long enough. Especially considering they have shouts that slow down time and I don't see Thor one shotting the DB with anything other then physical force. He could try the hammer toss, but I don't remember him throwing the hammer at insane speeds and he'd need to toss the hammer and have it travel the 100 feet before the DB thinks "shout" or whatever.

I'm also not sure if he is or isn't a ringer, I recall him deflecting blasts from the Destroyer, but IIRC these blasts were slow enough that it might not take more then peak human speed to do it.

Is movie Thor that durable? I mean he is no comicbook Thor, and wasn't Captain America capable of hurting him in the Avengers movie?(I haven't seen it yet, seen the Thor movie though) when they were all duking it out?
    Thor takes a punch from the Hulk and it only makes him bleed a bit. He fights Iron Man and IM fails to do any real damage. Captain America certainly does not possess the physical force needed to hurt Thor so if he did(I can't remember him doing so but my memory is sketchy) it's either bad writing or he used his shield. So I have a hard time seeing anything physically damaging him in any significant way(nothing has feats on the level of Avengers Hulk, who is the most powerful movie version IIRC).

Were I the DB, I would go for magic and I'd go for the esoteric non-damaging magics like paralyze,etc. first. IIRC there is also spells that are sort of like mind control(they can enrage you or calm you) and isn't there a shout that drains the targets lifeforce?
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.

I think the DB could survive long enough. Especially considering they have shouts that slow down time and I don't see Thor one shotting the DB with anything other then physical force. He could try the hammer toss, but I don't remember him throwing the hammer at insane speeds.
    Mm. No, his hammer tosses were pretty slow. So I guess it'd just come down to the effectiveness of the spells on Thor.

Thor takes a punch from the Hulk and it only makes him bleed a bit. He fights Iron Man and IM fails to do any real damage. Captain America certainly does not possess the physical force needed to hurt Thor so if he did(I can't remember him doing so but my memory is sketchy) it's either bad writing or he used his shield.
    Cap manages to startle him with the hammer block, but that's about it. Only one that actually does any lasting damage is Loki, and even then he just sort of ignores it.