Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thread Drift: The Man in the Coma Ward (Amazing Spider-Man #697 Spoilers)

spoilers:
    Who said we wouldn't be seeing Norman in a Spider-Man book any time soon? Silly posters.
    end of spoilers

I told you norman would come back dammit i called it

Why was Norman in a hospital, and a public one at that? Last I remember, he was in that fight against the Avengers where he took on the powers of everyone and it overwhelmed him. Also, when did Harry change his son's name to Stanley? Wasn't it Normie? Edit: Oh wait, I've just remembered. Stanley's the son he had with Lily.

here's a variant cover for ASM #700 spoilers:
    so we might be seeing Norman suit up soon. http://i1.cdnds.net/12/46/618x938/co..._700_cover.jpg
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by phanphare View Post
    here's a variant cover for ASM #700 spoilers:
    so we might be seeing Norman suit up soon. http://i1.cdnds.net/12/46/618x938/co..._700_cover.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Clearly an old school homage. Note Flash with legs and Harry in the image.

Default Look who's back

So, Norman Osborn is up and about. In ASM. It's been a long time coming, and it certainly is going to make the next few issues very exciting.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Do we have too many villains, bearing in mind that 'Dying Wish' is due to feature the Lizard, Morbius and Doc Ock? Or is Norman's return essential for ASM's 700th issue? What do we think his role will be in all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Why was Norman in a hospital, and a public one at that? Last I remember, he was in that fight against the Avengers where he took on the powers of everyone and it overwhelmed him.
    I am honestly wondering that to, considering he teamed up with terrorist organization and tried to pull a hostile takeover of S.H.I.E.L.D., its really stretched he would be in a public hospital.

It's also the Hospital where Madame Web is staying, although they don't know who she is

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie1984 View Post
    So, Norman Osborn is up and about. In ASM. It's been a long time coming, and it certainly is going to make the next few issues very exciting.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Do we have too many villains, bearing in mind that 'Dying Wish' is due to feature the Lizard, Morbius and Doc Ock? Or is Norman's return essential for ASM's 700th issue? What do we think his role will be in all this?
    Since Norman has the Super-Adaptoid power, who is to say that he won't ABSORB Peter's Spiderman abilities and become the Superior Spiderman? Also, it would give him a chance to be with both of Peter's loves (Gwen, and now Mary Jane....)

Could create incredible animosity with Phil Urich as he has used Norman's tech for two roles (good Green Goblin and new Hobgoblin....)

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by daddypool View Post
    Since Norman has the Super-Adaptoid power, who is to say that he won't ABSORB Peter's Spiderman abilities and become the Superior Spiderman? Also, it would give him a chance to be with both of Peter's loves (Gwen, and now Mary Jane....)

Could create incredible animosity with Phil Urich as he has used Norman's tech for two roles (good Green Goblin and new Hobgoblin....)

Thoughts?
    It would also explain why he would call himself Superior Spider-Man since Norman has always thought he was better than Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyav4 View Post
    It would also explain why he would call himself Superior Spider-Man since Norman has always thought he was better than Peter.
    Exactly! That is why I think that Dan Slott may have given away the secret of Superior Spiderman.....

Norman has always been obsessed with Peter (and spiderman), and even saw him as his heir. Now he can do the following:

1) Prove to Peter (and the world) that he is better than Peter, and
    2) Infiltrate the Avengers to get revenge on them for beating his Dark Avengers twice...

It really sets up a lot of fun story-lines, and builds on the history between Norman and Peter....

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daddypool View Post
    Exactly! That is why I think that Dan Slott may have given away the secret of Superior Spiderman.....

Norman has always been obsessed with Peter (and spiderman), and even saw him as his heir. Now he can do the following:

1) Prove to Peter (and the world) that he is better than Peter, and
    2) Infiltrate the Avengers to get revenge on them for beating his Dark Avengers twice...

It really sets up a lot of fun story-lines, and builds on the history between Norman and Peter....
    It would be really, really difficult to replace Peter with a character you couldn't root for in the slightest.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Oh crap, Norman's awake!

Shut down all the bridges in new york and hide your blondes, gentlemen.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    hide your blondes, gentlemen.
    hahhaahhaha that made my day. thanks.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Oh crap, Norman's awake!

Shut down all the bridges in new york and hide your blondes, gentlemen.
    Norah! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus