Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Given how much of this issue was revealed in advance, I wasn't wowed - felt like a necessary going through the motions. But it was decent. The art's lovely.

I didn't dislike Bendis' writing as much as I'd feared, but I will say that characters with distinct voices like Beast and Storm definitely sound less distinct (especially Storm). Hopefully Bendis gets the hang of it. He needs to be really careful with Cyclops, too, as others have noted. He - and the whole premise of conflict - becomes a lot less interesting if Scott drifts into old-school mutant superiority territory. Hopefully there'll be a third, Brotherhood group to clearly distinguish Scott from 'conquering humanity' types, so we end up with:

The School = live and let live
    Uncanny = fight for your right to be a full equal
    Brotherhood = kill them all!

BANNED

beast was manageable. these other yahoos crying into their tvs was hilarious though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NGK2008 View Post
    Given how much of this issue was revealed in advance, I wasn't wowed - felt like a necessary going through the motions. But it was decent. The art's lovely.

I didn't dislike Bendis' writing as much as I'd feared, but I will say that characters with distinct voices like Beast and Storm definitely sound less distinct (especially Storm). Hopefully Bendis gets the hang of it. He needs to be really careful with Cyclops, too, as others have noted. He - and the whole premise of conflict - becomes a lot less interesting if Scott drifts into old-school mutant superiority territory. Hopefully there'll be a third, Brotherhood group to clearly distinguish Scott from 'conquering humanity' types, so we end up with:

The School = live and let live
    Uncanny = fight for your right to be a full equal
    Brotherhood = kill them all!
    Mystique is showing up soon. There's you're 3rd way. Can't wait! Hope she murders Teen Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not only on the school but the X-Men in general considering that he's doing this under the name of the X-Men which the average civilian of the MU would take as him being associated with the rest of the X-Men.
    Why should Kitty and Co. care? They are an Avengers School. Their headmaster is an Avenger. They have nothing to do with the X-men.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Hope she murders Teen Iceman.
    I would want her to knock off Jean. Just to see the reaction.

It would be the ultimate trollage Marvel could do to her fans.

BANNED

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? they are x-men doing x-men work. rescuing new mutants from hostile governments is their job. they have been doing it for fifty years. iceman and kitty need to sit down and shut up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? they are x-men doing x-men work. rescuing new mutants from hostile governments is their job. they have been doing it for fifty years. iceman and kitty need to sit down and shut up.
    Kitty and Iceman work for said hostile government now. They probably don't want to be thrown out of their comfy new mansion.

Yup, that is one of the core direction of the X-men. Rescue, recruit and fight injustice. Its not like they haven't done things like this before.

BANNED

beast was manageable. these other yahoos crying into their tvs was hilarious though.
    I'm assuming that Beast just isn't in his right mind, hopped up on painkillers.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Ironic that they (Gold Side) sit around and whine how Scott killed Chuck, but what's the first thing Scott does when he breaks out of prison?

He goes back to doing X-men work, instead of sitting around and throwing stones.

BANNED

poor beast. he's going to wake up in the morning with some serious regrets!

Retired

From a plot perspective, this was fine. It wasn't anything special, but time-travel aside it felt like the logical transition from Consequences. The art was lovely (particularly the first few pages with Eva), but I didn't care for the grey backgrounds. On the whole, I didn't hate it, but several of the Bendisisms really raised my hackles. It's the senseless repetition that gets to me more than anything. It's nothing major, but speech like this makes me groan:

- "What we're going to do is, Emma is going to..."
    - "When we were young we were always worried about a mutant apocalyptic nightmare. I'm telling you, if the young us saw what was going on today it would feel worse than the mutant apocalyptic nightmare we used to worry about."
    - "Mutant versus mutant over who knows what's best for the mutants."

I also felt that it was gauche for Emma to call Eva "sweety" and "sweetness" in lieu of "darling." That may be unnecessarily picky on my behalf, but these small, niggling doubts coalesce into moments that start to feel slightly out of character. It's also interesting how just this morning I read Bendis claim that Stan Lee's dialogue was outdated because he'd end every sentence with an exclamation mark, and yet Storm finished several of her rants with two!!

Anyway, the new characters seem promising.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

I wonder what Beast's new form will be? Fingers crossed for Sloth.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Why is Storm acting like she's in charge?
    Because Wolverine wasn't there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    Because Wolverine wasn't there?
    Technically, wouldn't that mean Kitty would be in charge?