Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Really so you want in the first issue Bendis to waste panel time showing the the JGS making attempts to find other mutants just so they can fail because obviously the point of the issue is to set up the E-Team having the ability to find them first?
    Yes.

Really so you want in the first issue Bendis to waste panel time showing the the JGS making attempts to find other mutants just so they can fail because obviously the point of the issue is to set up the E-Team having the ability to find them first?

If Bendis wanted to imply the JGS was slacking on the job he would not have specifically had them wonder how the E-Team was doing it. The obvious implication was that no matter what efforts they employed the E-Team would be one step ahead of them in that regard.

I would imagine when the clear desire of the writer is to have the E-team find them first, he is not going to waste time showing the other X-men built a machine that would be utterly pointless when his intent is to show the E-team finding them first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Actually JGS is making attempts to contact the new mutants, They have two new students at the school and Angel is out Currently talking to another Mutant before Mystique runs into him.

This Exactly!

Both books along with WatXM will be recruiting mutants and in XML theirs a story concerning Legion, Storm, and Logan finding a new mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    So his scott doesn't sound like magneto then? IMO the "brothers and sisters of the atom" and "elite species" stuff doesn't really fit Scott.

He's always struck me as someone who favors mutants over humans because they're "his" people, not because he believes them to be an elite/superior species.
    No, old Scott didn't favour mutants. He was their field leader whose primary desire was to save all of humanity mutants included. He only started to favour mutants since M-Day and since then yes he has been moving closer and closer to sounding like Mags although he has yet to use Mags' extreme methods on a consistent basis.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

BANNED

I loved this issue.

I just wish black guy had a name. And I wish Eva didn't have EVA's name. Also, I wish they both had different powers but I expect there'll be more to them both. Like the black guy's healing abilities. I don't think he just heals people, I think it'll be something like quantum state manipulation. He can alter the possible states of any given object. A broken bone? Well, it could be not broken. Stinky poop? It could be a poop made of edible, daisy-fresh gold. Etc. And I expect Eva's powers to be able to create pocket dimensions, not just pocket time warps. So she can generate a pocket dimension HQ for the Uncanny team. Also, hyper-accelerated training.

Love that we're getting three mutant camps, between Scott's Team (Blue), Wolverine's Team (Gold), and Mystique's Team (Red).

Can't wait for #2.

(Also, I fully expect Jean Grey to be the only survivor of the time-displaced kids. Whether the others die or just get sent back by Eva (or Magik), I dunno, but I don't get the feeling they'll all stick around.)

The meta aspects of a group of teenagers from the 60s being only in their young 30s in the 2010s is pretty cool. Can't wait to see Jean get a makeover. It better be classic, Let's Go to the Mall/Uncanny #244.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yes.

Then you should read the other books for which that is the focus. This book is obviously focused on the E-Team finding new mutants so it is absolutely pointless for Bendis to waste time covering something the other books will cover.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Actually JGS is making attempts to contact the new mutants, They have two new students at the school and Angel is out Currently talking to another Mutant before Mystique runs into him.
    Right but the E-Team is out getting mutants that are....you know, useful. One that can stop time and the other a healer.

Angel goes for a mutant that turns into a fish.

Who will people come after with pitchforks first? Unless it's a fishfry, I don't think it's Shark Tits.

BANNED

Kiden Nixon > Eva.

It’s clear Bendis is writing this book with the intention of breaking down two points of view that will go to equal extremes to make things right. This is something that should be commended considering most comics are intended to be enjoyable snacks and nothing more.

I loved the PostScript that this is “most drastically insane X-Men story..ever.” Bit much no? I'm not sure it's that drastic, at least not yet. I reviewed the issue with pictures here if anyone cares to peruse my thoughts on Beast ideology versus Cyclops ideology.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    It’s clear Bendis is writing this book with the intention of breaking down two points of view that will go to equal extremes to make things right. This is something that should be commended considering most comics are intended to be enjoyable snacks and nothing more.
    That pretty much sounds like his approach with New Avengers and Mighty Avengers. He approached the conflict from the two different sides

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    I loved this issue.

I just wish black guy had a name.
    And I wish Eva didn't have EVA's name. Also, I wish they both had different powers but I expect there'll be more to them both. Like the black guy's healing abilities. I don't think he just heals people, I think it'll be something like quantum state manipulation. He can alter the possible states of any given object. A broken bone? Well, it could be not broken. Stinky poop? It could be a poop made of edible, daisy-fresh gold. Etc. And I expect Eva's powers to be able to create pocket dimensions, not just pocket time warps. So she can generate a pocket dimension HQ for the Uncanny team. Also, hyper-accelerated training.

Love that we're getting three mutant camps, between Scott's Team (Blue), Wolverine's Team (Gold), and Mystique's Team (Red).

Can't wait for #2.

(Also, I fully expect Jean Grey to be the only survivor of the time-displaced kids. Whether the others die or just get sent back by Eva (or Magik), I dunno, but I don't get the feeling they'll all stick around.)

The meta aspects of a group of teenagers from the 60s being only in their young 30s in the 2010s is pretty cool. Can't wait to see Jean get a makeover. It better be classic, Let's Go to the Mall/Uncanny #244.
    His name is Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That pretty much sounds like his approach with New Avengers and Mighty Avengers. He approached the conflict from the two different sides
    My fear is that a comic isn't the best venue to articulate these points clearly since they are short, it takes months to develop things and it generally can get stale fast.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

On Vacation

The lettering in the beginning sucked. But that's my only complaint. And in the letters page it said Brian Micheal Bendis was a young unknown writer? Wtf. I think it was a joke but it kinda felt like it wasn't too.

After reading this I have a feeling in the next big x event beast might die

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    He sounds like Magneto as in, they're both ''Revolutionaries'' who are out to protect mutants. He doesn't sound like Magneto because he's yet to say that mutants need to destroy humans and take control of the planet.

= He sounds like Cyclops.
    I'm referring to the dialogue. Referring to mutants as an "elite species" and as "brothers and sisters of the atom" is definitely more out of Mag's lexicon than it is Cyke's.

Just a pet peeve, and an expected one (since its bendis) but it still bugs me.

No, old Scott didn't favour mutants. He was their field leader whose primary desire was to save all of humanity mutants included. He only started to favour mutants since M-Day and since then yes he has been moving closer and closer to sounding like Mags although he has yet to use Mags' extreme methods on a consistent basis.
    He's been moving closer to his methods moreso than his ideology. As I've interpreted it, he's started to favors mutants because everyone else favors humans, so more out of necessity than an actual belief in it.

So I agree with you, but I think its poor dialogue to make him actually sound like Magneto to the point where he's tossing around the same slogans.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    After reading this I have a feeling in the next big x event beast might die
    He becomes the next villian. If it's Bendis you can bet your ass he will either A.) go insane or B.) become a villian or C.) both.