Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chances of an Adam Strange Ongoing Series?

What do you think the odds could be for DC developing an ongoing series for Adam Strange? I hear he is being introduced in the new 52 through All Star Western.

Is he?? I didn't even know that.

Anyway, it's a good question. I suspect rather than an ongoing you might see him pop up in 'Threshold'.

Though the fact that he hasn't been mentioned yet might indicate that DC has bigger plans for him -- perhaps Diggle wants to take another run at him, using him as a supporting character in his Action Comics run?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Introducing him through All Star Western is interesting, I just assumed he'd be introduced through Threshold at some point. I doubt he'll be getting an ongoing any time soon, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by TH3RD View Post
    Introducing him through All Star Western is interesting, I just assumed he'd be introduced through Threshold at some point. I doubt he'll be getting an ongoing any time soon, but you never know.
    With the books they've been launching - Vibe? Katana? Sword of Sorcery? - you really do never know.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

I read that Jonah Hex is going to travel to 2050 and fight alongside Adam Strange.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Hmm, I remember hearing something about that.

Well, good for them. But Adam Strange in the future? Tommy Tomorrow, certainly, or Manhunter, but Adam Strange?

I'd like Strange to interact with the cosmos of today.

I'd love an Adam Strange book, hopefully if / when they launch when they have a good creative team.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Adam Strange is one of those characters that seems like a no-brainer for an ongoing.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

The only thing I'd probably like more than an Adam Strange book, is a Captain Comet one. Hopefully, we'll eventually see both of them show up in Threshold, and, eventually, get their own series.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The only thing I'd probably like more than an Adam Strange book, is a Captain Comet one. Hopefully, we'll eventually see both of them show up in Threshold, and, eventually, get their own series.

Peace
    I'd agree if it was pre nu 52 Captain Comet. I'm not crazy about the new one.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by mrj_rich View Post
    I read that Jonah Hex is going to travel to 2050 and fight alongside Adam Strange.

I remember the last time they sent Hex to go live in the future. It was a terrible idea back then, too.

And why would Adam Strange be in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post

I remember the last time they sent Hex to go live in the future. It was a terrible idea back then, too.

And why would Adam Strange be in the future?
    Didn't Adam Strange always have a descendant/son/whatever of the same name in the future? I think this is a Terrence 13 kind of thing. And while it wasn't amazing when Hex was in the future before, I hope he has Tallulah and Arkham with him. It'd be priceless to see them in that setting!

EDIT: Temporarily, of course. Have our fun with it then get the hell out of there.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    I'd agree if it was pre nu 52 Captain Comet. I'm not crazy about the new one.
    Wait, there is already a new Nu52DCU Captain Comet? Where did he show up? Must have missed it. What's the deal with him?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Wait, there is already a new Nu52DCU Captain Comet? Where did he show up? Must have missed it. What's the deal with him?

Peace
    He showed up in Action Comics, and frankly he's everything I wanted out of Captain Comet for years and never got. A truly 'more evolved' man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    He showed up in Action Comics, and frankly he's everything I wanted out of Captain Comet for years and never got. A truly 'more evolved' man.
    One of the worst offenders in the nu52. Just a terrible version of the character.

Jonah Hex in the future? Awful last time, doubt it would be any better this time around.

As for Adam Strange, I'd love to see him in an ongoing. Before this round of replacements I would have said that wouldn't happen, but now? Even a Dan Didio adam strange book would be better than vibe, katana, and sword and sorcery combined.