Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    When your dectractors include those infamously rabid haters Colleen Doran, Bendis, Paul Cornell, Kieron Gillan, and Kurt Busiek - and Busiek posted three times and slagged you off as a "shitheel", which he never does ever - it's probably time to beckpeddle and accept you've been sexist. Cos you were. Like, extremely. The whole basis is a sexist assumption of what total strangers are up to, based on... well, seeing them from across a table apparently.
    and said people not wanting to touch your penis
    Support your local roller derby league

And that's the other thing: he just banjaxed his reputation. Online fandom notices, his peers and potential collaborators noticed, now the wider media noticed. That was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    However I do remember going up to do a GLASCAC from here in Bristol with boxes of our dirt cheap sexy comics, and have a Glasgow dealer come up to me crying that we were wiping out his profit because we were selling comics cheap.

Oh shit! Not... not competition! Who could have expected such a thing?!
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

When your dectractors include those infamously rabid haters Colleen Doran, Bendis, Paul Cornell, Kieron Gillan, and Kurt Busiek - and Busiek posted three times and slagged you off as a "shitheel", which he never does ever - it's probably time to beckpeddle and accept you've been sexist. Cos you were. Like, extremely. The whole basis is a sexist assumption of what total strangers are up to, based on... well, seeing them from across a table apparently.
    Wasn't there the time Harris decided to go and start a mini-feud with Gail Simone and Geoff Johns for a few days for not appropriately grieving over Frank Frazetta's death about two years ago on CBR, when "You'll All Be Sorry" was still around? Yeah. I actually found the thread.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I don't have much to say except that I think he's wrong. Anything else would include expletives....I do wonder if any of us here agree with him but I'd hope that it is a small percentage. In the end I think that Bendis expressed the opinion of those that disagree with him in the most humorous manner.
    Bad images! Bad images!

Quote Originally Posted by Melab View Post
    Bad images! Bad images!
    I read that and I was like *shudder* but I would look at it like one looks at a dumpster fire

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Wasn't there the time Harris decided to go and start a mini-feud with Gail Simone and Geoff Johns for a few days for not appropriately grieving over Frank Frazetta's death about two years ago on CBR, when "You'll All Be Sorry" was still around? Yeah. I actually found the thread.
    I remember that episode. That was pretty funny.

Well, I think it was that the 'offended' party thought he was talking about them, when he wasn't. It still was a funny thread, and pretty indicative to the level of sycophancy there.

In that case he was drunk and upset, so I'm not that bothered there. What's his excuse this time round?
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Not just con prices but gas, food, and a place to eat.

And why buy at cons when there is Amazon, ebay and other online stistoreses
    Not to mention, no chance in finding yourself next to a guy that hasn't BATHED for 4 fucking days.
    The 5'4' 250 lb dude in a homemade spandex Batman costume is the least of your worries after THAT stench has clung to you.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I remember that episode. That was pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Well, I think it was that the 'offended' party thought he was talking about them, when he wasn't. It still was a funny thread, and pretty indicative to the level of sycophancy there.
    There were few parties that came out of that encounter smelling like roses, really. Trolls were in a blood frenzy, which made it even crazier. Like half that thread was deleted.

In that case he was drunk and upset, so I'm not that bothered there. What's his excuse this time round?
    I think he claimed he wasn't drunk when he tweeted that two years ago, somewhere in the thread. So that can't even be used as an excuse.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Not to mention, no chance in finding yourself next to a guy that hasn't BATHED for 4 fucking days.
    The 5'4' 250 lb dude in a homemade spandex Batman costume is the least of your worries after THAT stench has clung to you.
    seriously...its a stench of sadness, swamp ass, and stale Cheetos

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    It's pretty pathetic in my opinion and that's what makes it shocking that this guy has been nominated for Eisner awards.
    People are nominated for awards based on the strength of their work, not their sunny disposition.

Say what you like about the guy, he can draw a damn funnybook.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    People are nominated for awards based on the strength of their work, not their sunny disposition.

Say what you like about the guy, he can draw a damn funnybook.
    I agree.

Plus I think with outrages over "Oh noes look what someone famous did!" such as this one,
    I think anyone should always still be mindful of how any 'stars' or 'talents' can be asshole-ish or stupid as much as anyone.
    Or I wouldn't be grasping the mystery or shock to any such myself.

There will be many rock stars or actors or politicians or tycoons or whatever who could well be utter ass-hats both as shitheels, I'm sure. So why not comic-makers of reasonable acclaim?
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! HE'S THE TRUE GEEK HARRIS TALKS ABOUT!!!

Let's bring those days back, when it was just guys like that! NO FEMALES ALLOWED!

Well, no fake geek females that are allowed in; the females that are allowed in must first pass an extensive 10 page test on the history of comics (only DC and Marvel, thank you) and than an oral quiz of them telling the history some superhero.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! HE'S THE TRUE GEEK HARRIS TALKS ABOUT!!!

Let's bring those days back, when it was just guys like that! NO FEMALES ALLOWED!

Well, no fake geek females that are allowed in; the females that are allowed in must first pass an extensive 10 page test on the history of comics (only DC and Marvel, thank you) and than an oral quiz of them telling the history some superhero.
    with a 15 minite time limit