BANNED

Default Dramatic Spider-Man or Light Hearted Spider-Man?

In terms of theme of the world we follow our favorite Wall Crawler.

Ultimate Spider-Man(cartoon and comic) is an example of a form of Lighthearted side of Spidey.

And obviously One More Day and Brand New Day are examples of Dramatic story telling.

Which one would you want most of in a Spidey story arc.

Depends on the story.

The character is quite versatile, and he has been since the days of Lee/ Ditko.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Light Hearted, but not that terrible Ultimate cartoon.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Depends on the story.

The character is quite versatile, and he has been since the days of Lee/ Ditko.
    This. Spidey works well in any variety of stories.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Well, just as Kevin and Mister Mets said, it depends of the writer and the story. Grim Hunt and No Turning Back has strong dark points and both are great stories. i'm with and idiot starred with Johnny Storm is quiet the oposite and is great too.

That's one of the things that makes Spidey great - that he can be both dark and light hearted. So both!

Spiderman is one of the few characters who can make you laugh and make you suffer with him. But it takes a special kind of writer to tell that kind of story and Marvel does not have one who has shown he can do a great spiderman since JMS and even before that all the way back to Roger Stern.
    Cyclops was right.

I think Spider-Man is a light-hearted character. He has dramatic stories, but keeps his positive outlook and maintains an optimistic viewpoint on life. The height of his dramatic self, I think, was his "I Am The Spider" era. That stuff was always hard to take very seriously and felt pretty contrived. Same with other uber-drama stories like OMD and, I would say, The Other. Lots of JMS stories were very dramatic, but the thing is he also had some very light-hearted stories and Peter remained positive and upbeat overall. Slott is hitting a good balance, with his sense of humor and the drama of the stories he is telling.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

I'd say a mix of both, but I never like the character to reach Batman levels of dark gritty realism or anything.

Somewhere in between. Not that lighthearted but not to edgy either.

I enjoy the more dramatic. I loved The Other and Back in Black. My favorite stuff after OMD has been the major arcs. Spider-Island, Grim Hunt, New Ways to Die, etc. Everything after 600 has been gold IMO.