Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Ultimate Comics X-Men #20

• The RESERVATION X arc continues as STORM helps teraform the reservation
    • Rogue gets an unexpected visitor
    • Mach Two's play for power takes a new turn

Full preview here.

The colors are fantastic esp in that first page. Looks like the boy with googles can increase his size.

Wow, this looks pretty sweet. Cannot wait to get into this arc. I am hoping to see Jimmy's character develop a bit more.

On Vacation

Yah the colors are wonderful. Jimmy looks like he has had enough of our constant hate. Hope he finds himself in whatever soul search journey he is on. So armour can make any shape of armour by looking at something. That is actually an ability that sounds very promising. The limits are her imagination. Lets see some Bear forms and snake forms and pokemon forms lol. that would be cool. This stuff looks really really awesome.

I am really liking how the Ultimate line has handled a universe wide pseudo-crossover. There hasnt been to much story cramming for sake of adding other characters. I also have been loving the art in this book and this preview does not disappoint. I look forward to waht seems to be slow story work and character building after a major disaster. Something in which my opinion makes The Walking Dead such a good read each month.

I clicked just to see mohawk Storm. Johnson usually knocks it out of the park on covers but that just looks like a toy was used for reference. Something weird about the head.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yah the colors are wonderful. Jimmy looks like he has had enough of our constant hate. Hope he finds himself in whatever soul search journey he is on. So armour can make any shape of armour by looking at something. That is actually an ability that sounds very promising. The limits are her imagination. Lets see some Bear forms and snake forms and pokemon forms lol. that would be cool. This stuff looks really really awesome.
    And in doing so, Jimmy has once again managed to be just like his father by going off on his own for some soul searching. I'm wondering how long until he inherits Logan's motorcycle or gets one of his own

And I wonder who that guy dressed as 616 Cannonball is supposed to be. He seems to have size altering powers from the looks of it.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Her forming a Digimon would be even cooler.

Yeah I went there.

On-topic: The number of mutants that chose to not take the cure seems VERY small judging by the size of the area. Glad to see that Jimmy might get some focus.
    Last edited by DevilMayhem666; 11-13-2012 at 12:29 PM.

LOL Jimmy goes on a journey to become something other than his dad....making him completely like his dad.He even looks older than before.
    Looks good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And in doing so, Jimmy has once again managed to be just like his father by going off on his own for some soul searching. I'm wondering how long until he inherits Logan's motorcycle or gets one of his own
    He did it in UC: X-Men #1 too. Makes it seem like he keeps doing it for attention. 'Buh, I'm in a strop because nobody likes me so I'm going to go off and see how they like it if I was gone.' I think it's rather childish of him.

Preview looks nice. This is a really gorgeous looking book.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    LOL Jimmy goes on a journey to become something other than his dad....making him completely like his dad.He even looks older than before.
    Looks good.
    Watch him come back with a motorcycle and hair dyed black.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    He did it in UC: X-Men #1 too. Makes it seem like he keeps doing it for attention. 'Buh, I'm in a strop because nobody likes me so I'm going to go off and see how they like it if I was gone.' I think it's rather childish of him.

Preview looks nice. This is a really gorgeous looking book.
    And just like the last group he was with, this one will instantly forget that he was with them and just kinda move on with their lives having many adventures that Jimmy misses out on.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I think the reservation will get bigger as more mutants join? Can't wait to see Storm teraform the reservation.
    Last edited by joshtylen; 11-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Risen

On Vacation

I forgot we can't have cannonball because we already did. I think the guy with the goggles is Edward Pasternak a.k.a. Tower.

Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

Allegedly...Brian Wood stated Psylocke is in the preview 19...he allleges that she was a usable character and that she is among the mutants on the reservation. The proof is in the Psylocke Appreciation Thread where he allegedly stated this...
    Last edited by Obsidian Thought; 11-13-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Thought View Post
    Allegedly...Brian Wood stated Psylocke is in the preview 19...he allleges that she was a usable character and that she is among the mutants on the reservation. The proof is in the Psylocke Appreciation Thread where he allegedly stated this...
    This is my favorite post.... allegedly!

And for the record, I never posted in the Psylocke Appreciation Thread. Probably something I said elsewhere got cut and pasted there.

b