Thread: New Exiles

Lurkish Member Captain Jibberish's Avatar
    Near Lake Superior. But not in it. It's cold in there.

Default New Exiles

Here are three teams of Exiles, assembled in the manner of the Marvel comics team to fix timelines and right wrongs throughout the multiverse.

Team One
    1. Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
    2. T-800 (T2)
    3. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood)
    4. Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell sac)
    5. Link (Twilight Princess)
    6. Batman (Dick Grayson)
    7. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

Team Two
    1. Spider-Man (TAS with black costume)
    2. Rogue
    3. Ranma Saotome (end of manga)
    4. Yusuke Urameshi (End of Dark Tournament)
    5. Luke Skywalker (RotJ)
    6. Cassandra Cain
    7. Robocop

Team Three
    1. Superman (JLU)
    2. Piccolo (Cellgames)
    3. Hercules (Marvel, classic powers)
    4. Monica Rambeau
    5. Lina Inverse
    6. Samurai Jack
    7. Lucca (Chrono Trigger)

How well would each of these teams do, if they were put in the place of the first Exiles team starting in Exiles 01? (assume probable universe specific powers such as Force use, Alchemy and magic still work in other universes) Who would be the natural leader of each group? If each of these groups had to fight it out among themselves, who would emerge victorious in each team?
    Last edited by Captain Jibberish; 11-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Well clearly Team 3 is packing more power and speed than the others. Not knowing the real power level of JLU Supes, I'd guess that Monica would win that one, due to sheer speed and a level of power that hurt Zeus. I know Zeus isn't the most powerful skyfather, but he's still decent, and a comics skyfather is still a comics skyfather. She'd be arguing it out with Supes for leadership as well, and I think she'd probably be the better choice. Anyone who can lead Thor, Namor and She-Hulk in the same team, or get Nextwave to work together at all, is pretty damn good.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Pretty much what Beadle said. Monica or Superman make a fine leader for the group, even Hercules can lead in a pinch. Otherwise Team 3 blows the other two out of the water in terms of sheer power, and power versatility, so they have the easiest time by far.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

How about the other two teams? Who ends up leading them? Anyone familiar enough with the Exiles comic (or anyone who just wants to read plot summaries online) how far does each team get in comic? What are the strongest Earths each of these teams could walk all over? The weakest Earths that would end up defeating each?

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

How far would they get? Hyperion (with or without his team) would demolish the first two teams, and possibly even beat the third (but they at least have a very good chance).
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    How far would they get? Hyperion (with or without his team) would demolish the first two teams, and possibly even beat the third (but they at least have a very good chance).
    I'm pretty sure Hyperion isn't getting up from having a Giga Slave rammed up his ass. Herc, Monica, and Piccolo can keep him busy enough for Lina to work her magic, or for Lucca to MacGuyver a solution depending on where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jibberish View Post
    How about the other two teams? Who ends up leading them? Anyone familiar enough with the Exiles comic (or anyone who just wants to read plot summaries online) how far does each team get in comic? What are the strongest Earths each of these teams could walk all over? The weakest Earths that would end up defeating each?
    Actually, I've read the whole the first series (before Claremont reset the title), though my memory of the exact order of events is probably a little mixed up. Let's see...

Team One
    1. Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
    2. T-800 (T2)
    3. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood)
    4. Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell sac)
    5. Link (Twilight Princess)
    6. Batman (Dick Grayson)
    7. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

This is the weakest team by far, and while I don't doubt the spirit of the group, I really don't see them lasting very far into the story. The easiest world for them is probably the lizard-dominated world. I can't see them surviving the Skrull World without basically depending on the other Marvel heroes to do the heavy work against Galactus, or even making it past the Dark Phoenix battle without heavily relying on the Imperial Guard to do the heavy work. Captain America may just have to hope his reputation earns him enough allies. Team wise, Captain America is the obvious leader, with Motoko aiding in tactics if necessary, and Bat-Grayson as second in command. Their going to need to rely on Edward to be the "smart one" (and he's mainly good with alchemy) as well as being their biggest gun. Fortunately, they have several people who can at least tinker with tech well enough to cover that department. Weakest world to best them is probably the Vampire Avengers world, depending on how many of the Avengers actually got turned in that timeline and which ones specifically.

Team Two
    1. Spider-Man (TAS with black costume)
    2. Rogue
    3. Ranma Saotome (end of manga)
    4. Yusuke Urameshi (End of Dark Tournament)
    5. Luke Skywalker (RotJ)
    6. Cassandra Cain
    7. Robocop

This group does better than group one, with Yusuke, Rogue, and Ranma as the heavy hitters. Really though, all their powers are mainly physical beat 'em up abilities; aside from chi attacks and a bit of psionics on Luke's part, they don't have real expertise with magic or such. Spider-Man is going to have to be relied on as the "smart one", but he's more of a tinkerer. While nice guys, Ranma and Yusuke both have attitudes that may make teamwork difficult, and Cass isn't likely to trust anyone at first. Spider-Man has some degree of leadership, but honestly, it might fall to Luke as he's got the more heroic persona. Let's see... yeah, I'm not seeing them survive the fights against Galactus or Hyperion either, but they should do alright for most of the worlds.

Team Three
    1. Superman (JLU)
    2. Piccolo (Cellgames)
    3. Hercules (Marvel, classic powers)
    4. Monica Rambeau
    5. Lina Inverse
    6. Samurai Jack
    7. Lucca (Chrono Trigger)

As I said, Team Three has ludicrous amounts of power to be able to pull off pretty much any challenge they come across. Superman or Monica lead, Herc probably being third in command. Lucca and Lina are the resident tech and magic experts respectively, and Piccolo can assist in tactics, while Samurai Jack can act as a spiritual center for the group. Honestly, I don't see too much actual drama going on. Some of the people here might be brooders and Lina's a hot head, but they're all good people at heart. Even going up against Galactus and Hyperion shouldn't pose too much of a problem compared to even the original Exiles team, so they should be able to handle all the challenges.

Sharkerbob, that sounds like a pretty good assessment to me. Thank you. How do you think the first two teams would handle The Weapon X team, minus Hyperion?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jibberish View Post
    Sharkerbob, that sounds like a pretty good assessment to me. Thank you. How do you think the first two teams would handle The Weapon X team, minus Hyperion?
    Thank you for making a thread wherein I actually know everyone you listed. :P

Hrmm... Well, Team One would have trouble, I would think, while team two has the speed, strength, and blasting power to beat them down. Speed being the key hear.